Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 12-14-2023, 06:15 PM   #1
zolt1313

Default eBay offer change - can accept multiple offers?

I just went to go accept an offer from a buyer and received a message stating something along the lines of "You can now accept multiple offers. The first buyer to pay will receive the item." Once I accepted the offer, the item remained available as the buyer's payment hasn't come through yet.

Has anyone else encountered this? I find this to be strange and my immediate response is I don't like the change.

Apologies if this was posted already. I did a quick search and didn't find it but I might have missed something.

Last edited by zolt1313; 12-14-2023 at 06:18 PM.
zolt1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 06:25 PM   #2
zolt1313

Just to follow up: when I go to the offer page for the listing it says "offer accepted." However, the item does not show up in orders awaiting payment, and I cannot find a place to send the buyer an invoice.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:46 PM   #3
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolt1313 View Post
Just to follow up: when I go to the offer page for the listing it says "offer accepted." However, the item does not show up in orders awaiting payment, and I cannot find a place to send the buyer an invoice.
How long has it been? Also if it's international that can affect that
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 06:57 PM   #4
zolt1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
How long has it been? Also if it's international that can affect that
It was like that for at least 35 minutes. However, in the past few minutes it transitioned to out of stock and the buyer has now paid.

I'll be curious to see if this happens to anyone else. I'm not sure if it was a momentary bug or a new feature being rolled out.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:02 PM   #5
smanzari

Quote:
It was like that for at least 35 minutes. However, in the past few minutes it transitioned to out of stock and the buyer has now paid.

I'll be curious to see if this happens to anyone else. I'm not sure if it was a momentary bug or a new feature being rolled out.
Yes, happened to me earlier - seems its for offers that don't require immediate payments (like counter offers on a seller's offer)
smanzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 07:16 PM   #6
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
Yes, happened to me earlier - seems its for offers that don't require immediate payments (like counter offers on a seller's offer)
I have noticed even immediate payment offers can sometimes take 15 to 20 minutes to process at times.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:21 PM   #7
smanzari

Quote:
I have noticed even immediate payment offers can sometimes take 15 to 20 minutes to process at times.
No, I had multiple with the statement (saw like 3-4 come through before I actually looked into); I did accept a couple, this is very different - those sit in "sold." These are more or less "Gentlemen's Agreement" that someone else can step in and take with BIN/BO and remain listed until the buyer pays
smanzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 07:26 PM   #8
shrevecity

Now I got ya. This has been going on for a few weeks at least. If multiple offers are in place regardless of if its accepted it comes down to whoever pays first. It makes sense to do it this way.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:31 PM   #9
zolt1313

Quote:
Quote:
No, I had multiple with the statement (saw like 3-4 come through before I actually looked into); I did accept a couple, this is very different - those sit in "sold." These are more or less "Gentlemen's Agreement" that someone else can step in and take with BIN/BO and remain listed until the buyer pays
Interesting! So it is not just me. Yes, on my end this was clearly different than an offer with automatic payment that would be charged once I accepted. The card was still in my active listings after accepting the offer.

I can see some benefits -- if you have a hot item this will encourage payment to be sent ASAP. And if a buyer isn't paying, you can still sell the card to someone else. However, as a buyer I would be upset if I sent an offer that was accepted but then I didn't end up with the card. This could happen when a seller accepts a few offers at the same time, but a buyer is away from their computer and not ready to complete the payment.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:34 PM   #10
zolt1313

Quote:
Now I got ya. This has been going on for a few weeks at least. If multiple offers are in place regardless of if its accepted it comes down to whoever pays first. It makes sense to do it this way.
Interesting, I didn't know this was a thing. I'm wondering why this is the first time I came across it. Maybe because it doesn't apply when buyers set up an automatic payment?
Old 01-01-2024, 03:43 PM   #11
zolt1313

Bumping this up, as I've had another item sell this way and the buyer hasn't paid in over a day.

If they don't pay in 4 days, does anyone know whether they will get an unpaid item strike? And would I be able to leave feedback on them?
Old 01-01-2024, 04:12 PM   #12
shrevecity

Quote:
Bumping this up, as I've had another item sell this way and the buyer hasn't paid in over a day.

If they don't pay in 4 days, does anyone know whether they will get an unpaid item strike? And would I be able to leave feedback on them?
You can close the claim and give them a strike. However leaving them feedback is risky. You cannot neg a buyer and if you leave a positive with a negative comment and the buyer reports you. You could get slapped by ebay
Old 01-01-2024, 05:03 PM   #13
zolt1313

Quote:
You can close the claim and give them a strike. However leaving them feedback is risky. You cannot neg a buyer and if you leave a positive with a negative comment and the buyer reports you. You could get slapped by ebay
Thanks! That is good to know. I also didn't know it was against terms to leave a negative comment on positive feedback. I've done that before with no issue, but I probably won't in the future.
Old 01-01-2024, 06:45 PM   #14
DynaEtch

Quote:

A day is early in the 4-day window. Yea as said above just cancel after the 4 days for reason: unpaid, not worth leaving feedback, and probably will want to add the buyers username to your block list.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:55 PM   #15
zolt1313

For what it is worth, I don't think the previous post was correct. The buyer did not pay in two days, and after the two day period it no longer says I accepted their offer or made a sale.

I realized I had "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now" turned OFF. I changed that to be on and hopefully this doesn't happen again.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:57 PM   #16
shrevecity

I had this happen just now on an item I never sent offers out on. Apparently ebay is sending out 6% off offers on items.this buyer countered I accepted but item still shows listed and other offers open.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:34 AM   #17
BoKnowsCards

Late last night, I accepted two offers from the same buyer. I went to send a combined invoice with a shipping discount, but the items did not show up as Sold items. I figured Ebay wasn't working and it was late at night, so I went to bed thinking it would correct itself by the morning. I woke up, and they weren't showing up as Sold items and were actually still in my active listings. My buyer beat me to the punch and messaged me if the combined invoice with a shipping discount was coming.

I called Ebay and this is what the customer service person told me - right now on a trial basis, Ebay is experimenting with offers where if the buyer or seller accepts an offer, it still shows up as an active listing until the items are PAID for. If the items are not paid, then the listings stay active. When the buyer pays, then the listings are automatically removed. As of right now, if there are multiple offers accepted for the same buyer you are not able to send a combined invoice - it is a glitch and Ebay is working to solve it.

Also, this experiment is only with a small amount of buyers right now but Ebay intends to roll this out to everyone by the end of the year. The buyer I was dealing with had 6 feedbacks. This might be a good thing for sellers, you can take multiple offers on the same thing and whoever pays first gets it. The only thing I would say is Ebay should be communicating this to sellers and buyers, I can see some buyers getting upset thinking they have an item won and then another buyer swoops in (but hey, pay quick and that won't be a problem) - and sellers like me confused why accepted offers don't show up under Sold and are still in active listings. And maybe Ebay did communicate this in their lengthy terms updates.... but I never knew about this until I had to deal with it today. I had another offer I accepted this morning, it immediately went to Sold despite payment pending - so like the Ebay rep said, they are only doing this with a small number of buyers right now as an experiment.

Last edited by BoKnowsCards; 01-23-2024 at 11:57 AM.
BoKnowsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 03:38 PM   #18
Chaotic30

Thanks for posting this, sold a card this morning this way and couldn't figure out why it wasn't moving to the sold area.
Chaotic30 is offline   Reply With Quote