Luka

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #251
MFaulkCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onepocketj View Post
Hopefully word will spread to all of those other people though. The National should definitely be interesting.
It won’t matter enough to be honest. So many people collect and don’t really use message boards or go to big shows

Using any sense SSI will just skip the national and go into obscurity. It will likely hurt the bottom line some but the police can never keep up with the criminal. An emphasis will be placed on non serial low pop cards for a while

It’s the same narrative for every con artist... adapt and change when you get caught
MFaulkCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:17 PM   #252
Deadshot

I'm not quite sure if I'm reading the Curry response correctly. If there is a question about the Worthpoint photos, we could check back with the person I believe to be the original seller, 34-twins-34.

He uses near identical descriptions to the Worthpoint Curry (the only difference is the shipping rate has changed since 2017):

Quote:

Hi and thanks for looking! NM-MT

Ships securely for $2.95 within 2 business days of auctions end.

I Combine shipping as well. Only .50 extra per card won!

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
Compare that to this:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...eph-1885467112
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #253
superdan49
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
I'm not quite sure if I'm reading the Curry response correctly. If there is a question about the Worthpoint photos, we could check back with the person I believe to be the original seller, 34-twins-34.

He uses near identical descriptions to the Worthpoint Curry (the only difference is the shipping rate has changed since 2017):

Compare that to this:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...eph-1885467112

Good find. The seller could also verify who the buyer was.
superdan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:59 PM   #254
2010GBPackers

Serious question. I do believe the Curry Superdan has shown is trimmed and is the same as the Worthpoint Curry, but why does the first photo have a different PSA serial number than the second? I don't think that's the trimmed Curry. Did he sell 2 of them?

The link does take you to the auction for the trimmed Curry, but the Curry in the first photo is a different Curry.

Did I say Curry enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdan49 View Post
2010GBPackers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #255
KhalDrogo

He did sell two copies. The auction link is the 143/300 copy.

Last edited by KhalDrogo; 03-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.
KhalDrogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:16 PM   #256
superdan49
BODA

It appears both were sold for $150 on the same day.

Here is the Worthpoint link for the 251/300:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...nus-1877549902
Old 03-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #257
superdan49
BODA

I screencapped the wrong eBay auction, but the link is correct.

The trimmed card is PSA cert #28182021, serial numbered 143/300. The two detailed images contain the correct photos. Below are the links to the images of the trimmed card, before and after grading:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ENQAA...fr/s-l1600.jpg
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...2dc2e885f8.jpg

The other card, PSA cert #27968843 with serial #251/300, by all appearances is clean.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #258
corndog
BODA

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010GBPackers View Post
Serious question. I do believe the Curry Superdan has shown is trimmed and is the same as the Worthpoint Curry, but why does the first photo have a different PSA serial number than the second? I don't think that's the trimmed Curry. Did he sell 2 of them?

The link does take you to the auction for the trimmed Curry, but the Curry in the first photo is a different Curry.

Did I say Curry enough?
Here are both cards sold with auction images side by side:

143/300 (proven trimmed)

251/300
Old 03-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #259
pejc300

Blowout really is going to let this happen, aren't they. I never thought I'd see this day. Money over integrity. Need a little more time to process this, I'm still in disbelief.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #260
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Blowout really is going to let this happen, aren't they. I never thought I'd see this day. Money over integrity. Need a little more time to process this, I'm still in disbelief.
It does seem that way.

I do believe the mods and admins do a decent job for the most part.

At times they have to make decisions that are not popular. I get it. I understand it.

But I must say I am very dissapointed in this decision.

I cant say for sure how or why they came to this decision. Only they know that and if they were going to share that reason they already would have.

There is so much ironclad proof about the activities of SSI I am not sure what prompted this decision.

To the mods and admins of this site, I will just say this. And if it gets me banned then so be it.

This is in very poor taste and an absolute insult to your honest members of this forum.

The fact that you would let a person like SSI remain a member of your forum is very concering and not a good sign of the direction of your site.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-10-2019 at 09:17 PM. Reason: I responded below
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #261
KhalDrogo

I did report a post today from SSI. So we’ll see what kind of response we get.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #262
pejc300

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
It does seem that way.

At times they have to make decisions that are not popular. I get it. I understand it.

I cant say for sure how or why they came to this decision. Only they know that and if they were going to share that reason they already would have.

There is so much ironclad proof about the activities of SSI I am not sure what prompted this decision.

To the mods and admins of this site, I will just say this. And if it gets me banned then so be it.

This is in very poor taste and an absolute insult to your honest members of this forum.

The fact that you would let a person like SSI remain a member of your forum is very concering and not a good sign of the direction of your site.

I second this and will also accept the bank hammer for saying so. I love the community here, but can't stand by for this garbage.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #263
TheFrenzy

Quote:
It does seem that way.

Any chance they might be allowing him to stay as a way of giving him enough rope to hang himself? In other words, because the member in question is only continuing to go on record incriminating themselves, let him stick around and produce a body of evidence that can be referred back to later?

Hot Glenzy Summer starts now!
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #264
superdan49
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Any chance they might be allowing him to stay as a way of giving him enough rope to hang himself? In other words, because the member in question is only continuing to go on record incriminating themselves, let him stick around and produce a body of evidence that can be referred back to later?

Whether the mods intended this or not, this is precisely what has occurred. SSI's canned customer service responses with their undercurrents of hostility and arrogance only serve to make him look worse to anyone who reads these threads.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #265
I only pull for

Quote:
Whether the mods intended this or not, this is precisely what has occurred. SSI's canned customer service responses with their undercurrents of hostility and arrogance only serve to make him look worse to anyone who reads these threads.
His own words ruined his BS libel claim, too. He claimed these accusations on these threads made business boom, and thanked everyone. So much for his business being harmed.
I only pull for is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:21 PM   #266
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorSports View Post
If you purchased something from us and you honestly think there is an issue with it please contact us directly I will take care of you if you still own the card and we can verify the sale and the issue. We obviously can't get that fixed on this message board.

We sell about 25K-30K graded pieces a year so we can't keep up with every card.

Thank you and take care.

I appreciate the answer, but I find it highly interesting you would respond to a $43 dollar sale which is a blip on your radar, when clearly there are issues you have not addressed. First and foremost: trimming high value cards and selling them to unsuspecting buyers.

We are all waiting for you to give us an HONEST RESPONSE to the evidence presented, yet you continue to deflect.

IF YOU ARE TRULY INNOCENT: present us with evidence to prove it.

We are waiting.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #267
corndog
BODA

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Just for a refresher I went back and read most of the posts by member SSIGuy (that got banned in the other thread) including many posts that were made prior to the trimming scandal. Same writing style, grammar usage, references to "we" and inner knowledge of Beckett.

Banned member SSIGuy and current member SuperiorSports are one and the same. I have no doubt whatsoever.

The lack of updating is festering the situation...
Old 03-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #268
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
I hope you are right. If you are not then that pretty much shows what Blowout thinks of the rest of us by allowing SSI to remain a member.

All of this non sense is making the hobby very non enjoyable for me.

Hopefully this situation resolves itself.

I would like to ask one simple question if SSI is reading this.

SSI,
Did you trim cards or not?

If your answer is yes then I appreciate your honesty

If your answer is no, can you please tell us how you came into possession of all these trimmed cards?

Thats all I would like to know. I dont think that is asking to much.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #269
imbluestreak23

BGS and PSA are log jammed because both of them are sleeping with the enemy

Shame on them, actually middle finger to the sky to them.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TylerShort
imbluestreak23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #270
KhalDrogo

Quote:
I hope you are right. If you are not then that pretty much shows what Blowout thinks of the rest of us by allowing SSI to remain a member.

SSI,

If your answer is no, can you please tell us how you came into possession of all these trimmed cards?

He’s already explained that. He acquired them and he’s dealing with it internally. You just have to trust him.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #271
superdan49
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
He’s already explained that. He acquired them and he’s dealing with it internally. You just have to trust him.

Drogo is correct; Bill (or Nate, if Houdini's explanation is to be believed) did answer this question in the original thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
If/when we can ascertain the information in regards to what deal/purchase we got them from, we'll deal with those involved accordingly as that's our job, not yours. You don't have a direct financial interest here. We do however.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #272
rogermaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorSports View Post
Superdan, I found a few issues with your post here since they are obviously not the same card this in turn is starting to get a little suspicious on your end since again we do not know your intentions but the fact that whom ever reported this item to you might be anonymous is very strange.

1. Both graded card photos you provided of the fronts are different serial #d cards.
2. The second worth point photo of the raw card has the raw card damage cut off in your screen shot.
3. The final close up picture is not even the same card it is of the second graded card that you used the same picture of the front of only who knows what the back of that one looks like.
4. The actual first photo is showing the same exact damage on the right side of the card not the second one that you cropped and sent a closeup of a different picture of.
5. The raw card has the same exact damage on the front of the first photo it is there for everyone to see on this one.

I would hope that anyone else would be able to see these issues just like the Brees rookie issue that still has not been addressed.

I would also like to thank my good customer who frequents this board often for messaging me on this one so I can reply to it in a timely manner.

I know its getting tougher to find items just in our inventory I am sure if you looked other places you might have more luck with much better percentages and more accurate results.

Thanks to all and Happy Collecting !
This is reaching "If I Did It" levels of shamelessness.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #273
FBallHobbies

Quote:

SSI,

SSI is reading this. I have the strongest inclination they choose to answer what they feel like answering to, whether or not it answers the question in the first place.

SSI knowing they literally have BO in their back pocket makes this a lose/lose.

It is sickening to see. I am not gonna say that I am a valued member of the boards. I don't have the biggest pockets to buy $10,000 a week in cards. I don't have the knowledge like some members to post info about a card we may have never seen, but I do come to the boards to enjoy reading conversation/opinions, make deals and see what is going on in the card community as a whole.

I usually don't get involved with "politics" or let alone say as much as other valued members here, but damn, this is something that is an injustice to all the members who have busted their ass with this, let alone to all the members who have looked out to the whole card community.

I have built a handful of great relationships with members on the board and hopefully continue to do so. I have a lot of respect for members on this forum. I may have never talked with them, but there are a bunch of members with valued insight, who are good hearted and have the same interest in mind when looking out for the community.

If SSI wants to try and "sue" me, so be it. I know you are reading this thread. Is is a callout, not necessarily. It is more so me stating what I feel, because I do have the right.
"The less I know about other people’s affairs, the happier I am. I’m not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes." - Ron Swanson
FBallHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #274
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBallHobbies View Post
SSI is reading this. I have the strongest inclination they choose to answer what they feel like answering to, whether or not it answers the question in the first place.

SSI knowing they literally have BO in their back pocket makes this a lose/lose.

It is sickening to see. I am not gonna say that I am a valued member of the boards. I don't have the biggest pockets to buy $10,000 a week in cards. I don't have the knowledge like some members to post info about a card we may have never seen, but I do come to the boards to enjoy reading conversation/opinions, make deals and see what is going on in the card community as a whole.

I usually don't get involved with "politics" or let alone say as much as other valued members here, but damn, this is something that is an injustice to all the members who have busted their ass with this, let alone to all the members who have looked out to the whole card community.

I have built a handful of great relationships with members on the board and hopefully continue to do so. I have a lot of respect for members on this forum. I may have never talked with them, but there are a bunch of members with valued insight, who are good hearted and have the same interest in mind when looking out for the community.

If SSI wants to try and "sue" me, so be it. I know you are reading this thread. Is is a callout, not necessarily. It is more so me stating what I feel, because I do have the right.

Very well said.

I have faith with the evidence presented here, when all is said and done, blowout will do the right thing. There is a lot of integrity at stake.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #275
RYBOWSKI97

Quote:
you should be the admin on this site for buy sell trade/ feedback areas, etc. you have shed more light on all the shadiness in this hobby and backed it up with facts and have acted in a professional manner. i appreciate all that you do and its a good thing we have guys like u and mfaulkcollector on here. keep up the good work man, it is appreciated by many i am certain.