Hot List

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-20-2022, 12:21 AM   #126
PrinceVegeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutFan2020 View Post
Okay the Dominic Monaghan auto for $1500 listing has me roflmao right now.....

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Some pretty lulz prices going on right now
PrinceVegeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:44 AM   #127
daviswr7

First case favs

Truong sketch, Hickman Sketch, Balrog plate..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 01:00 AM   #128
Archangel1775

Some awesome sketches being shown off so far and rightfully so.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:32 AM   #129
newhobbygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylork View Post
Does anyone know when the boxes go on sale on crypto’s website and what they usually charge? Hoping to snag a few…have opened quite a bit of every other LOTR and hobbit product, but just want a few of this one.
I finally saw on Cryptozoic's facebook they said, "We generally do not sell trading card sets directly. You can buy them through various retailers. We have listed a few on the product page to help get fans started!"

I was looking earlier today hoping they would at least release some online direct to consumer, ideally priced collector friendly. I guess not, lame.

This seems like one those sets it pays to be store owner. I doubt folks breaking cases paid $400-500 a box... I wonder if anyone wants to help enlighten us common collectors what LCS costs were

BO seems to be close to cheapest online... $477 a box with FALLB coupon if you buy a case.

Anyone else noticing a few autos are streaky?? Couple the Evangeline Lilly autos on ebay have bunch small lines across auto, similar lines in some the Dominic Monaghan autos.

A lot these cards look real nice though. Anyone lucky enough to open product please keep sharing!
newhobbygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:34 AM   #130
newhobbygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
First case favs

That was all from first case??? You are not helping with my FOMO!!

Congrats!!! One best cases I've seen.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:30 AM   #131
Cujobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhobbygeek View Post

Direct cost was $274 plus if people have to pay tax depending.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #132
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhobbygeek View Post

Yes. Some more incoming over the next few days. But that was Case #1 from last night. Couple of awesome PC Cards in there. I was pumped.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #133
Mellon

When do they put the binders on sale for these sets, and how much do they usually cost?
Old 10-20-2022, 12:35 PM   #134
kakarot12

Chris over at cardsinfinity just opened 4 boxes for someone and pulled 4 nice sketches, and autos of Ian McKellen and Viggio Morgenstein all from the same case. My case comes tomorrow, I hope it’s at least half as nice as that one.

Last edited by kakarot12; 10-20-2022 at 01:04 PM.
kakarot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #135
newhobbygeek

Yeah those are some sick sketches!!! I believe they are Saruman the White.

I told myself I'd sleep on it and prices were higher this morning on BO... I'll do one! Order is in.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:36 PM   #136
Cujobyte

Grats btw Davis, awesome first case!!!
Old 10-20-2022, 02:35 PM   #137
kingofsnake

Quote:
First case favs

Seemed like a very solid case. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:47 PM   #138
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Grats btw Davis, awesome first case!!!
Thx cujo. have you got yours in yet? I've got a second case in front of me, and 3 more that are still in transit I guess from one of my other distributors. GL with your pulls!
Old 10-20-2022, 03:43 PM   #139
Cujobyte

Quote:
Thx cujo. have you got yours in yet? I've got a second case in front of me, and 3 more that are still in transit I guess from one of my other distributors. GL with your pulls!
Thanks, I may do one case, but been extremely busy and will probably just list on ebay and/or put in the closet lol. Thanks tho! Good luck!
Old 10-20-2022, 04:13 PM   #140
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Thanks, I may do one case, but been extremely busy and will probably just list on ebay and/or put in the closet lol. Thanks tho! Good luck!
Quit putting that stuff in the closet! Let it breath…😂. Open some of that older stuff👍👍👍👍
Old 10-20-2022, 06:34 PM   #141
PrinceVegeta

Its like no one actually want to sell cards this set. Insane prices and very little is selling.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:43 PM   #142
Brobocop

It’s the typical wax prices not correlating with single prices. It’s why I have bought next to no wax since 2020.

Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:51 PM   #143
Mellon

But careful, if you state that you aren’t willing to overpay someone is going to assume you’re being cheap and try to rip off blowout members….

I’ve got no problem waiting for prices to settle to appropriate levels. I’m not asking to buy an Ian auto for $100, but I’m absolutely not paying $130 for a Gothmog auto. Give it a few more weeks and the prices should hopefully be where they are reasonably priced. If not, oh well. With time they will come down after collecting dust for those still holding on to insane prices.

Last edited by Mellon; 10-20-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:48 PM   #144
EW Cards

Quote:
I hope that’s not Southern Hobby. Found out today I’m not getting my order at all from them because Cryptozoic shorted them of nearly everything. They apparently only got a few cases in the Nashville warehouse, but the rest of us are out of luck.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:39 PM   #145
Pacmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVegeta View Post
Its like no one actually want to sell cards this set. Insane prices and very little is selling.
Those sellers must think no one was around for the umpteen products Topps made. Are there really any nonsport collectors without a single LOTR auto?
Pacmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:42 PM   #146
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW Cards View Post
I hope that’s not Southern Hobby. Found out today I’m not getting my order at all from them because Cryptozoic shorted them of nearly everything. They apparently only got a few cases in the Nashville warehouse, but the rest of us are out of luck.
Yup just read on the thread about this on FB. This is a bombshell to a lot of pre orders my own included. Haven’t heard from my rep today but it would explain the delay. Very disappointing.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:06 PM   #147
Mellon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacmeyer View Post
Those sellers must think no one was around for the umpteen products Topps made. Are there really any nonsport collectors without a single LOTR auto?
I wouldn’t say the old Topps stuff has bad value, but it’s not like they have shot up over time. I just grabbed a Christopher Lee for just over $200 and considering he passed away over 7 years ago and this card is nearly 20 years old, I would have expected it to have more value (not that I’m complaining about getting it at this price). Definitely should put into perspective that some of the CZX asking prices are just insane/the LOTR market isn’t nearly as big as SW and Marvel.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:16 PM   #148
PrinceVegeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
But careful, if you state that you aren’t willing to overpay someone is going to assume you’re being cheap and try to rip off blowout members….

I’ve got no problem waiting for prices to settle to appropriate levels. I’m not asking to buy an Ian auto for $100, but I’m absolutely not paying $130 for a Gothmog auto. Give it a few more weeks and the prices should hopefully be where they are reasonably priced. If not, oh well. With time they will come down after collecting dust for those still holding on to insane prices.
Id pay 600-700 for a Ian... He signed 400+ cards that is a lot of autos. Maybe $50 for a Gothmog.

Honestly may just forget this set exist since wont be getting any product with southern getting screwed.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:23 PM   #149
Mellon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVegeta View Post
Id pay 600-700 for a Ian... He signed 400+ cards that is a lot of autos. Maybe $50 for a Gothmog.

Honestly may just forget this set exist since wont be getting any product with southern getting screwed.
That’s exactly what I was thinking for pricing as well for Ian. He has the most autos in the set and we are seeing him come out a lot.

I’m an auto collector primarily but I’m not rushing into any of these right now. Why spend $120 now for Merry or Pippin when soon enough I can get both of them for that price or close to it? I’m sorry people are taking a bath when they are opening cases, but that’s their choice. Not my or any other buyers job to help them recoup their cost when most of us know the actual values of LOTR stuff once early release hype dies down.

And considering that boxes have started to drop about $100 per box, the prices people will be listing to recoup will start to come down. So anyone with current insane prices is going to be left sitting on stuff even longer once the realistic prices get listed.

Last edited by Mellon; 10-20-2022 at 10:27 PM.
Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 01:52 AM   #150
newhobbygeek

Quote:
That’s exactly what I was thinking for pricing as well for Ian. He has the most autos in the set and we are seeing him come out a lot.

I’m an auto collector primarily but I’m not rushing into any of these right now. Why spend $120 now for Merry or Pippin when soon enough I can get both of them for that price or close to it? I’m sorry people are taking a bath when they are opening cases, but that’s their choice. Not my or any other buyers job to help them recoup their cost when most of us know the actual values of LOTR stuff once early release hype dies down.

And considering that boxes have started to drop about $100 per box, the prices people will be listing to recoup will start to come down. So anyone with current insane prices is going to be left sitting on stuff even longer once the realistic prices get listed.
Ian autos fall almost one out of every two cases assuming 1000 total cases. I could see his base autos fall under $500. I'm not seeing a base auto on checklist that should be over 500 once enough product is opened. Duals/triples/quad/sketch auto variants might be different story and wouldn't be shocked to see some sketches sell over 500. However, I don't know why I try to guess values, I'm always wrong 😂. I've been wrong last two years guessing nonsport single cards or sealed prices.

I agree most cases are probably a bath at todays pricing. Redemptions and smudge/streaky autos are possible. Collation of sketches to me is odd, but it could be exciting if you hit a character you prefer.

Quote:
So for you guys that are busting, what are you chasing specifically? Sketches, autos, master set, etc.?
I've committed myself to some sealed product. I'll be chasing an awesome moment. Financially this is a bad decision 😂. My fingers are crossed for clean and bold autos and few sharp sketches. If I had to pick between awesome sketch or auto hit... I'd probably lean sketch. I'll post break thread whenever product arrives.