retail mania

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-21-2022, 10:34 AM   #151
bealay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacmeyer View Post
Those sellers must think no one was around for the umpteen products Topps made. Are there really any nonsport collectors without a single LOTR auto?
Raises hand...
I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.
bealay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:23 PM   #152
Cujobyte

Some crazy sales hit today, plates seem to be averaging $200 per plate. A Dual Mckellen & McCoy sold for $2300, and a dual Otto/Hill sold for $1300. I can't even figure out what this $200 sale is, is it 2x parallel silver cards?? if so and these did sell for $200 that's insane.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23474502651...Bk9SR6rQncr_YA
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #153
kakarot12

[QUOTE=Cujobyte;18499905]Some crazy sales hit today, plates seem to be averaging $200 per plate. A Dual Mckellen & McCoy sold for $2300, and a dual Otto/Hill sold for $1300. I can't even figure out what this $200 sale is, is it 2x parallel silver cards?? if so and these did sell for $200 that's insane.

I thought the same thing when I saw that. I was like, what does this title even mean? And of course there’s no description to explain the listing.
kakarot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:27 PM   #154
Cujobyte

[QUOTE=kakarot12;18499909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Some crazy sales hit today, plates seem to be averaging $200 per plate. A Dual Mckellen & McCoy sold for $2300, and a dual Otto/Hill sold for $1300. I can't even figure out what this $200 sale is, is it 2x parallel silver cards?? if so and these did sell for $200 that's insane.

I thought the same thing when I saw that. I was like, what does this title even mean? And of course there’s no description to explain the listing.
I think it's 2x silver parallels & a 15x card star pwr set?? lol I dunno but I thought it had sold as ebay is listing it as sold, but not sure if the seller took it down. Weird tho!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:41 PM   #155
Mellon

Looks like it was a custom listing for a buyer.

Nice to see some decent sales for the rarer items. Those were always going to be high, especially the sketchagraphs and the multisigners.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:05 AM   #156
newhobbygeek

Anyone with cases know if the top of case box is re-taped sealed? I just got my case today from BO and didn't arrive until after they closed. Curious if this is normal or if I should be concerned? Email sent to them but doubt I hear back until Monday.
newhobbygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 06:48 AM   #157
sketchopolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I can't even figure out what this $200 sale is, is it 2x parallel silver cards?? if so and these did sell for $200 that's insane.
2 card lot - 1 parallel base /25, 1 str pwr /45
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:01 AM   #158
DontToewsMeBro

Crazy

Complete and absolute insanity

The regular collector just can't keep up anymore
DontToewsMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #159
Pacmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhobbygeek View Post
Anyone with cases know if the top of case box is re-taped sealed? I just got my case today from BO and didn't arrive until after they closed. Curious if this is normal or if I should be concerned? Email sent to them but doubt I hear back until Monday.
was it shipped double boxed?
Pacmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:35 AM   #160
newhobbygeek

Quote:
was it shipped double boxed?
Order came in another box from UPS. No signs of any issues.

This is image of my case. I was just able to pull back tape over tape. Everything seems fine. 6 hobby boxes inside. Wish I recorded opening.

I think this might be normal, hence I'm asking... check out cardsinfinity break video?

Watch from like 0:15-0:30 when he grabs a case and spins it around. Doesn't top seem like its taped more than bottom? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLq4pjHp_UU
Old 10-22-2022, 09:41 AM   #161
oldgoldy97

Do you think it’s searched or something?

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #162
kakarot12

Just finished my case.

Ian McKellen auto /65
Billy Boyd auto /110
Craig Parker auto /175
Jed Brophy auto /200
Peter Hambleton auto /200
Liv Tyler auto /105

7 film cels, 6 regular str pwr, 2 green star pwr /85, 1 silver str pwr /45, 6 red base, 2 green base and 1 silver base.

1/1 film cel printing plate

Here's a pic of my 6 sketches. 4 are by Eriscan Turk and 2 are Rugved Bhuskute. Really like the Saruman....beautifully done. Can anyone help my with the 2 pencil skecthes....not sure what characters they are?

Click image for larger version

Name:	czx lotr.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	529602
kakarot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #163
oldgoldy97

I’d say Bilbo and Pippin?

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #164
newhobbygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Do you think it’s searched or something?
It would a be lie to say the thought didn't cross mind yesterday, but I bought a case from BO vs. ebay because I trust BO. I do not think there is any malice here. I'll be buying from BO again in future.

I'm curious. This is most expensive per box product I've ever bought and just to pull back tape, to find tape under it was already cut.. and case box is open.. isn't... 'super premium'.

My hope is education. If I learn others have similar case experience, then in future I'll probably just buy single boxes. No reason to pay premium on sealed case if might not be sealed.

About to head to LCS get some supplies and I think after these boxes will breathe the free air.

Last edited by newhobbygeek; 10-22-2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-22-2022, 10:25 AM   #165
newhobbygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot12 View Post
Just finished my case.

Ian McKellen auto /65
Billy Boyd auto /110
Craig Parker auto /175
Jed Brophy auto /200
Peter Hambleton auto /200
Liv Tyler auto /105

7 film cels, 6 regular str pwr, 2 green star pwr /85, 1 silver str pwr /45, 6 red base, 2 green base and 1 silver base.

1/1 film cel printing plate

Here's a pic of my 6 sketches. 4 are by Eriscan Turk and 2 are Rugved Bhuskute. Really like the Saruman....beautifully done. Can anyone help my with the 2 pencil skecthes....not sure what characters they are?

Attachment 529602
Awesome case!! Yeah those top two sketches are great pair! Who do you serve... Saruman!

I would go with Young Bilbo from Hobbit on bottom two
Old 10-22-2022, 11:32 AM   #166
ztaylork

The checklist is updated with redemption information and all dual, triple, quad autograph information. The RO1 is an interesting one…and the Orlando Bloom one has the possibility of an autographed sketch of Bloom.
ztaylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:19 PM   #167
AngusMacGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylork View Post
The checklist is updated with redemption information and all dual, triple, quad autograph information. The RO1 is an interesting one…and the Orlando Bloom one has the possibility of an autographed sketch of Bloom.
R-OB Orlando Bloom Single Autograph Card or Orlando Bloom Autograph-Sketch Card
R-01 Orlando Bloom, Sarah McLeod, or Bruce Hopkins Autograph Card
R-02 Random Dual Autograph Card that includes Orlando Bloom
R-03 Triple Autograph Card (VOJ)
R-04 Quadruple Autograph Card (VOJI)

Viggo, Orlando, John, and Ian are VOJI.

That quad is...a pretty good card I guess.
AngusMacGyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:44 PM   #168
newhobbygeek

Cool they provided updates so quickly!
Old 10-22-2022, 01:31 PM   #169
daviswr7

I wonder what the print runs are on those triples and quads.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 01:46 PM   #170
newhobbygeek

Quote:
I heard back from Blowout. They said this is how cases came directly from Cryptozoic. I wasn't first to reach out to them about this. Funny though I was already into Box 1 when saw this reply... I couldn't wait anymore
Old 10-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #171
Pacmeyer

Quote:
Order came in another box from UPS. No signs of any issues.

This is image of my case. I was just able to pull back tape over tape. Everything seems fine. 6 hobby boxes inside. Wish I recorded opening.

I think this might be normal, hence I'm asking... check out cardsinfinity break video?

Watch from like 0:15-0:30 when he grabs a case and spins it around. Doesn't top seem like its taped more than bottom? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLq4pjHp_UU
If you were receiving this case weeks or months after release then it may not have come directly from Cryptozoic to distributor to you. In that event there might be cause for concern (sourced from third party) but there's no problem like that here. Was the second layer of tape identical to the one underneath? Someone at Cryptozoic probably opened the case after sealing to check the contents.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #172
newhobbygeek

Quote:
If you were receiving this case weeks or months after release then it may not have come directly from Cryptozoic to distributor to you. In that event there might be cause for concern (sourced from third party) but there's no problem like that here. Was the second layer of tape identical to the one underneath? Someone at Cryptozoic probably opened the case after sealing to check the contents.
I had similar thought. Yeah it was just clear packing tape. See my comment just above yours. BO said this is how they received them from Cryptozoic. I appreciate your feedback on this. It helps collectors and myself understand experience and possible concerns.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #173
Pacmeyer

Quote:
I had similar thought. Yeah it was just clear packing tape. See my comment just above yours. BO said this is how they received them from Cryptozoic. I appreciate your feedback on this. It helps collectors and myself understand experience and possible concerns.
Buying wax by release day or soon after might not be the most cost effective if prices go down but lets you avoid ending up with boxes that could have come from anywhere. Here's a post from the baseball forum where the person describes getting tampered boxes from a big 3 seller (not BO).

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...&postcount=101
Old 10-22-2022, 06:49 PM   #174
newhobbygeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
I wonder what the print runs are on those triples and quads.
Great question. I haven't seen any yet. 10-25 maybe each or do folks think less?
Old 10-22-2022, 11:21 PM   #175
blizzard

Quote:
Those sellers must think no one was around for the umpteen products Topps made. Are there really any nonsport collectors without a single LOTR auto?
I did notice Topps LOTR autos have gone way up, but no one is buying those either, though a quick eBay search showed someone bought two Ian McKellen Gandalf autos BGS 9 for 2500 each.

Quote:
Duals/triples/quad/sketch auto variants might be different story and wouldn't be shocked to see some sketches sell over 500.
Problem with some of these sketch cards is they simply don't look like the character, at all. I wouldn't pay premium prices for those, I'd probably pay less than a normal autograph.

Last edited by blizzard; 10-22-2022 at 11:33 PM.
blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote