Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #201
Sharard

Ya, that is over priced and and be surprised it sold. If was like Spider-Man or Wolverine type character, I see maybe 275-300. But guess we will see.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #202
DarthRogahn

set looks a lot better than I thought it did (I was wrong)
Looks good!
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:07 PM   #203
Carrbeaz

People gotta pay attention.. Tier 4 just got scooped up for only $99
Old 10-31-2018, 05:33 PM   #204
Carrbeaz

Customer just had a crazy box. Beautiful Wolverine Sketch, Tier 4 /99 Captain Marvel, and Purple Captain Marvel
Old 10-31-2018, 06:13 PM   #205
TimBuckTwo

Only one guy on ebay has somewhat reasonable prices for now
TimBuckTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #206
Sharard

well the phoenix went more than I thought at almost 400 according to watchcount...I think about 50 -75 left on the table with the /99

Will be interesting to see what the level 4 what if numbered to /50 will go for initially. Silver autos seem all over the place.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:35 PM   #207
merwase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Id say that was good deal but not massively underpriced for Loki. Equivalent of a Doom or Mephisto high number...they were not selling for big numbers.
merwase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #208
marvelfan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
That's a completely reasonable price for that card, in my opinion.

Most of the Tier 4 cards from 2016 MM have dropped to around $100 a card, especially the less desirable characters.

The seller probably left a little money on the table since it's release day, but anyone paying $150+ for the Tier 4 cards from this set doesn't make sense to me. I really don't think it will be as widely collected as 2016 MM.
marvelfan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #209
marvelfan2019

After seeing more cards pop up on eBay, I still don't like this set.

The artwork is just too dark for me and not a great representation of characters from the comics.

I'm sure some people will like the fact that the artwork doesn't really depict the characters as well all know them, but I just can't get into it.

Also, I don't like the fact that UD followed the 2016 MM set nearly identically with the format and inserts. I don't know, I just can't get excited about it like I was with 2016 MM.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but oh well. I will probably go for a base set so I have it, but other than that I don't think I'll collect much from this set.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #210
marvelfan2019

I will say though that the sketch quality so far seems better than 2016 MM.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:36 PM   #211
BHotz

I agree sketch quality slightly better than 2016MM which wasn't that bad itself (compared to other recent releases). With that said, it's still early and haven't seen many big artists yet.

Quote:
Also, I don't like the fact that UD followed the 2016 MM set nearly identically with the format and inserts. I don't know, I just can't get excited about it like I was with 2016 MM.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but oh well. I will probably go for a base set so I have it, but other than that I don't think I'll collect much from this set.
I'm with ya, but personally I don't do much other than sketch collect these days. However there seems to be excitement around here so all the power to those digging this.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:10 PM   #212
Chriskros86

Some of the cards came out better than I thought, especially the red foil gallery. I’m not a big fan of the art myself, but some of the depictions are growing on me. I picked up a couple autograph cards while deciding whether or not to hit up epacks when available, definitely a lot of hype around this set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chriskros86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #213
finfangfan

Like mentioned above a lot of the cards are dark. It’s like the set was rushed and the artist just decided the quickest way to complete the set on time was to thrust a bunch of the image behind shadow. MM Jusko was delayed for a long time, but as a result we got A+++++ images on EVERY base card. Here we get a ton of less detailed images that are often obscured by shadow. Like this Beta Ray Bill....

finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:34 PM   #214
DynaEtch

^^^Niiiice Phoenix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfan2019 View Post
After seeing more cards pop up on eBay, I still don't like this set.

The artwork is just too dark for me and not a great representation of characters from the comics.

I'm sure some people will like the fact that the artwork doesn't really depict the characters as well all know them, but I just can't get into it.

With you on the insert thing, I dont get it at all. In terms of the art, the darker tone has grown on me.....something different compared to a lot of the other recent marvel releases. Everyone is different of course.

I usually try to put together sets/insert sets, and it'll be interesting to see where these prices end up compared to 2016 MM. Like for example orange parallels of typical characters from 2016 ended up like 25-40 a piece..so when I see orange from this set listed at 10, it seems like a steal, but clearly this set should end up cheaper than 2016 with the respective types, just due to the Jusko factor and sheer hype of 2016. The tier 4s for this 2018 should be interesting to follow....I feel it's too hard to gauge expected value of these cards at this point.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:44 PM   #215
Sharard

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Like mentioned above a lot of the cards are dark. It’s like the set was rushed and the artist just decided the quickest way to complete the set on time was to thrust a bunch of the image behind shadow. MM Jusko was delayed for a long time, but as a result we got A+++++ images on EVERY base card. Here we get a ton of less detailed images that are often obscured by shadow. Like this Beta Ray Bill....

Couldn’t disagree more. More I see, more of a fan I am of Simone..respect that it’s not your cup of tea, but awfully disrespectful to tell someone they rushed when your not an selling artist yourself. Love to see your resume of work that qualifies you on what went into making of the set .

Again, totally respect that the style is not for some people.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:00 PM   #216
Chriskros86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaEtch View Post
^^^Niiiice Phoenix!

With you on the insert thing, I dont get it at all. In terms of the art, the darker tone has grown on me.....something different compared to a lot of the other recent marvel releases. Everyone is different of course.

I usually try to put together sets/insert sets, and it'll be interesting to see where these prices end up compared to 2016 MM. Like for example orange parallels of typical characters from 2016 ended up like 25-40 a piece..so when I see orange from this set listed at 10, it seems like a steal, but clearly this set should end up cheaper than 2016 with the respective types, just due to the Jusko factor and sheer hype of 2016. The tier 4s for this 2018 should be interesting to follow....I feel it's too hard to gauge expected value of these cards at this point.

Thanks man! We have to play the waiting game to gauge prices, I’m sure they will average out once there are a handful of sales. I think the demand will be more based on the characters than the short print as was the case with mm16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chriskros86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:29 AM   #217
merwase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Couldn’t disagree more. More I see, more of a fan I am of Simone..respect that it’s not your cup of tea, but awfully disrespectful to tell someone they rushed when your not an selling artist yourself. Love to see your resume of work that qualifies you on what went into making of the set .

Again, totally respect that the style is not for some people.
Agree with you the more I have seen of this set, the more I am a fan of his work. This release appears overall more polished than 2016mm. The gold signatures look far better using his actual signature in gold. Just looks very elegant. The gold border gallery just look stunning. To be honest, I was very pessimistic of this set after seeing the preview art but after seeing all the various cards on Ebay, I have to give UD props for a solid follow up release. 2016mm is hard to follow up but I feel they nailed it.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:19 AM   #218
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post

I personally think Beta Ray is one of the better one’s. The original painting also sold fairly quickly. I know myself and a few others love the shadow vs light contrast with the one Magneto.
Mephisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #219
DrGhostbuster

Is there really only one single original art redemption in the physical release?

If I remember correctly, the sell sheet was plural, as in more than one.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #220
TimBuckTwo

I believe there are Preliminary sketch redemptions for all characters but only one Original full blow art piece (ICEMAN).
TimBuckTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #221
insanepjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBuckTwo View Post
I believe there are Preliminary sketch redemptions for all characters but only one Original full blow art piece (ICEMAN).
Is this confirmed somewhere? I pulled a redemption and was digging for info.
insanepjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #222
DrGhostbuster

We all know Sell Sheets are not the shinning examples of truth, but if both Iceman and Iron Man are available, I wonder if Iceman is for the Physical release and Iron Man is for the e pack release.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #223
Fspook00

So here is the list. I think it’s four sketches and one full painting.

https://gogts.net/2018-marvel-master...rds-checklist/

@sketchcardhive | Instagram
Sketch Card Hive | YouTube

Last edited by Fspook00; 11-01-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Fspook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #224
nowuseeme

Pretty tough to follow up Jusko.

edit: that is all i am going to say.

Last edited by nowuseeme; 11-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.
nowuseeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #225
merwase

It is tough but doesnt mean it cannot be followed up in it's own right. This is a different art direction but can still be appreciated for its quality.
Personally I feel nobody has come close to topping the 1996 Boris and Julie release. We coming to 22 yrs now. That's all I'll say on that
To put it into historic perspective, this does not feel like the disappointing 1993mm follow up to Joe's 1992mm.
More like 1995mm follow up to The Hidebrandts amazing 1994mm release - different art style and a more polished product.

Last edited by merwase; 11-01-2018 at 03:23 PM.