Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Imac7065
Banned

Default What would you do in this situation...?

I am asking for advice here.. please do not turn this into a troll fest.

I recently worked out a deal with a member on here (about 10 days ago).. to make a long story short I tried to buy a large lot.. they wanted to "sleep on it" sold a large chunk of the deal to another member within the next couple of days, then sold the remaining items to me.

Skip ahead a few days and they e-mail me saying they accidentially shipped the first lot (sold to another member) to me. After asking me to ship that lot once it arrived to the proper person, I told the seller I had no issue doing so once my lot arrived (which I expected to be roughly the same day or within a day or so).

I received the mistake lot this past monday, informed the seller, and said as soon as I get my lot they will go out to the proper person...

skip ahead to thursday and I get a message from the seller saying "I will ship yours tomorrow, when I send u the dc, can u ship the other package out."

I ask why my lot has not been shipped, and get back ... "hey, i told my mom to ship today so hopefully theyre in the postal service now, when i send tracking, can u please send the other lot?"

So where I stand is a lot (originally meant to be sold to me I thought).. is sold to someone else.. accidently shipped to me... and the lot that I paid for was not shipped for over a week after payment.

What would you do in this situation?

Ship the mistake lot to the third person?
Wait out the shipment of your lot to make sure there are no other issues?
Return the mistake lot to the seller?
Return both lots to the seller, file a claim, and get my money back?

Oh.. a few things I didn't mention... the seller packaged their lot very poorly and may have damaged the lot (I did not want to tamper with their packaging to find out for sure)... and the third party in this mess informed me they have been waiting "23 days" for their package. I was offered the lot sold to them only 2 weeks ago.... meaning the seller may have been trying to sell the lot twice.

Last edited by Imac7065; 02-23-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
WilsonValdez

I would lie to his face....repeatedly.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
jason122883

Why hold the other guys lot? He paid for it, and it accidentally got shipped to you. He shouldn't have to suffer because the first guy made a mistake. As long as the guy that shipped you the lot was paying to ship that lot to the guy that bought it, why wouldn't you just ship it to him? Why must he be punished until you get your lot?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
Why hold the other guys lot? He paid for it, and it accidentally got shipped to you. He shouldn't have to suffer because the first guy made a mistake. As long as the guy that shipped you the lot was paying to ship that lot to the guy that bought it, why wouldn't you just ship it to him? Why must he be punished until you get your lot?
Has nothing to do with him.. the seller insinuated to me the lots were shipped at the same time or close to one another. All he said to me was "you should receive his lot first"... A week later he still had not shipped my lot to me. I thought I would have this mistake lot for no more than a few hours or 1 day. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited by Imac7065; 02-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
jason122883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
Has nothing to do with him.. the seller insinuated to me the lots were shipped at the same time or close to one another. All he said to me was "you should receive his lot first"... A week later he still had not shipped my lot to me. I thought I was have this mistake lot for no more than a few hours or 1 day. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place.
I understand you want your lot. I do not blame you. All I am saying is the guy that bought the lot you have, does deserve to have his lot. The right thing in this situation is at least make sure that guy gets his lot
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
obadger

Sounds like another real mess. Good Luck with this one.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
I understand you want your lot. I do not blame you. All I am saying is the guy that bought the lot you have, does deserve to have his lot. The right thing in this situation is at least make sure that guy gets his lot
I did not post this until that person told me he purchased these items 23 days ago.. which would mean he attempted to sell me cards that were already sold. Would you still ship knowing this?

I am leaning towards shipping the lot back to the seller and giving him his own problem back.. would that be wrong? I also do not want to be blamed for any damage his poor shipping caused.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Andrew Jones

How can anyone give an informed opinion on this when, based on your history, you are likely not being honest about the situation and the PMs you sent?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
How can anyone give an informed opinion on this when, based on your history, you are likely not being honest about the situation and the PMs you sent?
second troll within the first 10 minutes... the first line of my OP was asking you people not do this.. PLEASE DO NOT TROLL MY THREADS... I will not reply to you again.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Andrew Jones

Quote:
second troll within the first 10 minutes... the first line of my OP was asking you people not do this.. PLEASE DO NOT TROLL MY THREADS... I will not reply to you again.
Please see my signature. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
jason122883

Quote:
I did not post this until that person told me he purchased these items 23 days ago.. which would mean he attempted to sell me cards that were already sold. Would you still ship knowing this?

I am leaning towards shipping the lot back to the seller and giving him his own problem back.. would that be wrong? I also do not want to be blamed for any damage his poor shipping caused.
If you know the buyer for the original lot, PM him and work out a plan with him. I would get with him on any damage to any cards already, and work out a plan to get that person their lot. If you send it back to the seller, then the guy who bought the lot is going to be in your situation. As you can tell, by being in that situation it sucks. I would personally do the right thing and try to get the other guy his lot.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
If you know the buyer for the original lot, PM him and work out a plan with him. I would get with him on any damage to any cards already, and work out a plan to get that person their lot. If you send it back to the seller, then the guy who bought the lot is going to be in your situation. As you can tell, by being in that situation it sucks. I would personally do the right thing and try to get the other guy his lot.
I contacted that person and got back "you are attempting to committ a fraud against me by not shipping my items to me"... He said some other not so polite things as well... it seems he is taking out his frustrations on me which I found to be uncalled for.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
No 1

I would ship back to seller, let him deal with his OWN mistake, also so you don't get blamed for any damages due to his packaging.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
Craig

I'm not sure who would be the better party to ship to, but holding onto something that isn't yours is going to make you look bad and will result in the "trollfest" that you're rooting against.

Personally, I'd send it back to the seller and avoid being involved any more than you have to.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 1 View Post
I would ship back to seller, let him deal with his OWN mistake, also so you don't get blamed for any damages due to his packaging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I'm not sure who would be the better party to ship to, but holding onto something that isn't yours is going to make you look bad and will result in the "trollfest" that you're rooting against.

Personally, I'd send it back to the seller and avoid being involved any more than you have to.
I agree with both of these.. but I state again I had no idea I would have these items this long. I thought this would be resolved long ago.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #16
jason122883

Quote:
I agree with both of these.. but I state again I had no idea I would have these items this long. I thought this would be resolved long ago.
No offense, but why start a thread if you already know what you wanna do?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
WilsonValdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
It is a very valid question/concern, all trolling aside. You've shown multiple times that you will lie/distort a situation to favorably paint yourself to be in the right. And when confronted with the evidence, you continue to shamelessly lie in everyone's faces.

So Mr. Jones' question remains...
Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
It is a very valid question/concern, all trolling aside. You've shown multiple times that you will lie/distort a situation to favorably paint yourself to be in the right. And when confronted with the evidence, you continue to shamelessly lie in everyone's faces.

So Mr. Jones' question remains...
Both you idiots (better word than trolls?).. need to stop. You apparently don't know what a "lie" even is... and one instance has somehow grown into "multiple times".... I'm sure if I accused you of something from 7-8 months ago you would know exactly what I was talking about as well...

PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY....ABOUT THIS THREAD!!!

Last edited by Imac7065; 02-23-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
No offense, but why start a thread if you already know what you wanna do?
I didn't until I wrote the thread to be honest. The third party is still trying to convince me not to ship it back to the seller.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
jason122883

Quote:
I didn't until I wrote the thread to be honest. The third party is still trying to convince me not to ship it back to the seller.
Fair enough. I would personally ship to the guy who bought the lot, get with him on any damage first. But, it is up to you regardless. Just my opinion of course.

Good luck either way
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
Fair enough. I would personally ship to the guy who bought the lot, get with him on any damage first. But, it is up to you regardless. Just my opinion of course.

Good luck either way
So you suggest opening the package fully and inspecting the lot? I don't even know if its the proper lot or where to even ship it at this point lol.. cluster F
Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #22
jason122883

Quote:
So you suggest opening the package fully and inspecting the lot? I don't even know if its the proper lot or where to even ship it at this point lol.. cluster F
I was mistaken. I thought you already had. I would get with the original buyer and ask him what he suggests. I just know if I were the buyer I'd want my lot. He may have a lot of money tied up in it
Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #23
ajscards101

Quote:
I am asking for advice here.. please do not turn this into a troll fest.

I recently worked out a deal with a member on here (about 10 days ago).. to make a long story short I tried to buy a large lot.. they wanted to "sleep on it" sold a large chunk of the deal to another member within the next couple of days, then finally sold me the rest.

Skip ahead a few days and they e-mail me saying they accidentially shipped the first lot (sold to another member) to me. After asking me to ship that lot once it arrived to the proper person, I told the seller I had no issue doing so once my lot arrived (which I expected to be roughly the same day or within a day or so).

I received the mistake lot this past monday, informed the seller, and said as soon as I get my lot they will go out to the proper person...

skip ahead to thursday and I get a message from the seller saying "I will ship yours tomorrow, when I send u the dc, can u ship the other package out."

I ask why my lot has not been shipped, and get back ... "hey, i told my mom to ship today so hopefully theyre in the postal service now, when i send tracking, can u please send the other lot?"

So where I stand is a lot (originally meant to be sold to me I thought).. is sold to someone else.. accidently shipped to me... and the lot that I paid for was not shipped for over a week after payment.

What would you do in this situation?

Ship the mistake lot to the third person?
Wait out the shipment of your lot to make sure there are no other issues?
Return the mistake lot to the seller?
Return both lots to the seller, file a claim, and get my money back?

Oh.. a few things I didn't mention... the seller packaged their lot very poorly and may have damaged the lot (I did not want to tamper with their packaging to find out for sure)... and the third party in this mess informed me they have been waiting "23 days" for their package. I was offered the lot sold to them only 2 weeks ago.... meaning the seller may have been trying to sell the lot twice.
This is basically asking for it
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
Imac7065
Banned

Quote:
I was mistaken. I thought you already had. I would get with the original buyer and ask him what he suggests. I just know if I were the buyer I'd want my lot. He may have a lot of money tied up in it
I asked him for a checklist of his lot.. still waiting on that. Only thing I know of now is a few items included in the package (they were loose)... and that it was packaged very poorly.

Last edited by Imac7065; 02-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #25
Dacubs

If the original seller is/was offering to reimburse you to ship to the other person (your op does not state whether he was going to reimburse you or not)...but if he was, why would you hold the package hostage until yours was received?? why wouldn't you just ship it out?
Closed Thread