Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 04-02-2016, 12:49 AM   #76
desertdogg

I just saw the movie. I enjoyed very much. it did not wow me. but for all the stuff that was crammed in the movie. it was a bit much. but I guess you have to lay the ground work for the other movies upcoming.

so iam good with that. love wonder woman. best line of the movie. when sup looks at batman and sez is she with you and bats say I thought she was with you. priceless.

really looking forward to the jla film with darkside. ;]
desertdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:50 AM   #77
mma138

it was ok , cant say I liked it enough to watch it a second time so its a fail for me .......
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:52 AM   #78
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

I liked the film and can't wait to see the extended cut that will be out later this year.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:34 PM   #79
siro123

I give the movie out of 5. Good not Great Rating.

The BAD:
1. Lex is not the Joker and never has been this was a fail for me.
2. Since When was Gotham and Metropolis across the harbor from each other ?
The Good
1. Ben Afleck as Batman
2. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
siro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #80
Cyber Warrior

Some interesting Easter eggs.

Huge Spoiler if you haven't seen the movie..
https://youtu.be/C0WXgZdwC4c
Old 04-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #81
jdandns

Some good stuff, but major pacing issues. I liked all the leads, but totally understand why so many aren't too keen on Eisenberg's Luthor. He was pretty well over the top. And what age is he supposed to be? 20? 30? 40? Very hard to say.

I guess Hans Zimmer is the go-to guy for DC movie musical scores, and he is terrific, yet still not the best choice if they are trying to, in any way, make a version of Batman that distances itself from the Nolan trilogy. All the beats in the score were exactly the same as in "Dark Knight Rises". I'd go with someone else for the next movie, especially if Snyder is out of the director's chair, as he very well may be after the critical drubbing this one is understandably getting, despite its flashes of brilliance.

The "Lois in Jeopardy" plot-line has literally been worn out in the movies (never mind the comics) for over 35 years, and yet they keep using it, over and over and over again. At this point, it's as lame as the villain telling a tied-up James Bond the master-plan before leaving the room so 007 can again conveniently escape, ruin the plan, and kill the villain. It's beyond parody.

I liked the callback to "Crisis on Infinite Earths" used here as the Flash was trying to tell Batman that Lois was the key. However, the only way they could think of to introduce the rest of the Justice League was to have first Batman, and then Wonder Woman click on folders while sitting at a desktop computer? Wow. And why Cyborg, a Teen Titan, for this? Is Green Lantern still considered ruined from the Reynold movie?

Finally, Batman's masterplan of getting rid of what he rightly sees as someone whose unchecked power could kill us all (even if Superman doesn't intend to) is undone because he and this possible world-destroyer's mother share the same name? Double-wow. And in that moment, he's demanding to know how Superman knew the name Martha moment after Clark had just called him Bruce? If he knew Batman's secret identity, it would've been pretty easy to find out his mother's name and even his motivation for being Batman.
You'd think the world's greatest detective would know that.

I think this script was the result of a lot of people sitting in a room telling each other every idea was just awesome, and besides, who cares about a decent script with stuff exploding every two minutes anyway.

No one likes (and roots for these movies to do well) more than I do, but this just feels like a wasted opportunity. I'd have totally jettisoned all of the Doomsday stuff and not mentioned the Justice League at all. Even so, it DID make a lot of money. Hopefully, the next one will be better.
jdandns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #82
KingMob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
I guess Hans Zimmer is the go-to guy for DC movie musical scores, and he is terrific, yet still not the best choice if they are trying to, in any way, make a version of Batman that distances itself from the Nolan trilogy. All the beats in the score were exactly the same as in "Dark Knight Rises". I'd go with someone else for the next movie, especially if Snyder is out of the director's chair, as he very well may be after the critical drubbing this one is understandably getting, despite its flashes of brilliance.
Well, I think he just retied from doing superhero films after BvS, so there is that.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #83
MisterNatural

Just saw it. I expected it to be bad, but it was really, really bad IMHO.
I'm a Jesse Eisenberg fan and I appreciate his effort here, but it felt more Joker than Luthor to me.

Batfleck could've been something if they actually gave him more to do than just being the brooding Superman hater. And speaking of Supes, Henry Cavill was the same dull character as his first movie. He certainly looks the part, but that's about it. I'll be fair and not totally blame him for a lackluster script, though.

I liked Wonder Woman. It could've used more of her.

Zack Snyder is doing his best Christopher Nolan impression here, but can't muster the skill nor heart of Nolan's direction.
MisterNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #84
Spider-Fan

I liked Wonder Woman and the Batman fight scene to save Martha Kent. Besides that, I was overall disappointed. Me and a friend who saw it separately spent about 30 minutes discussing all the bad aspects at lunch today. Not about to rehash that all here. Afleck was better than expected, but the story was just terrible and full of inconsistencies, and the dream sequences were borderline intolerable to me.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #85
kaboom

I broke down and took my 6 year old this weekend. I knew going to a 2 1/2 hour long movie with him might be difficult. He sat through the whole thing.

My impression:

Very dark movie. The trailers did a good job of making Superman look like bad guy, however, and I was relieved, Lex Luthor was playing Batman off of Superman with a big set up to make him look bad.

It was a lot of setup, with only the last 45 minutes being really action packed.

Not much of the other Justice League in it, which was sad, i would have loved to see more Cyborg and Flash.
kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:09 AM   #86
terrymcginnis

anybody collecting the 4 comics coming in cereal? i got one tonight, $2.50 for a box at target. comes bagged and in solid shape too.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #87
21Pittsburgh58

I really enjoyed it!

Eisenberg reminded me more of what the Riddler would be like. Still, he did play an excellent part IMO

The Lois/Superman love thing sucks big 'ole ball$. You're going to essentially stop the Doomsday battle in the middle so that Superman can say 'good bye' to Lois. Gag me with a credit card and put in on layaway! That was truly the only part of the movie that made me roll my eyes.

Dead Zod becomes Doomsday you say? Didn't see that coming.

After all of that, it was really good. Very excited about the Justice League now!!!
Russ Westbrook homer! Trout, Lindor, Acuna, Robles, Happ
21Pittsburgh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #88
rw0926

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymcginnis View Post
anybody collecting the 4 comics coming in cereal? i got one tonight, $2.50 for a box at target. comes bagged and in solid shape too.
any pictures? Is it only certain boxes? I seen boxes at the Walmart overy here marked "Collector's Edition". I had no idea there were comics inside.
rw0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:58 PM   #89
terrymcginnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw0926 View Post
any pictures? Is it only certain boxes? I seen boxes at the Walmart overy here marked "Collector's Edition". I had no idea there were comics inside.
it's pretty discrete: not the actual movie flavors, but these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trix...sDCuWJLahtM%3A
Old 04-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #90
rw0926

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymcginnis View Post
it's pretty discrete: not the actual movie flavors, but these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=trix...sDCuWJLahtM%3A
OK thank you
Old 04-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #91
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Pittsburgh58 View Post
I really enjoyed it!

Eisenberg reminded me more of what the Riddler would be like. Still, he did play an excellent part IMO

The Lois/Superman love thing sucks big 'ole ball$. You're going to essentially stop the Doomsday battle in the middle so that Superman can say 'good bye' to Lois. Gag me with a credit card and put in on layaway! That was truly the only part of the movie that made me roll my eyes.

Dead Zod becomes Doomsday you say? Didn't see that coming.

After all of that, it was really good. Very excited about the Justice League now!!!
Really? I called that based on the trailer.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:01 AM   #92
rittdk01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
It's more fun to see the movie without watching the trailers That said, I watched a couple hours of trailers between batman v superman, the new xmen and suicide squad
Old 04-26-2016, 04:51 AM   #93
Pot Roast

This movie mad me excited for Ben Aflecks batman movie and Suicide Squad, but not much else. It shocked me how this batman is how I picture batman to be. Both physically and mentally. I will say I enjoyed Wonder Woman but who wouldn't? I loved the Robin Suit easter egg, and the future cameo. Doomsday I thought was underpowered and felt off. Lois/Superman was cringe worthy, I just didn't feel any chemistry between the two. A question I have, if Batman made a suit out of kryptonite how was superman not feeling the debuff? It wasn't until Batman used the spear before Superman went down like a NBA player taking a charge. I mean superman literally touched the suit and didn't think anything of it.

I will watch the 4 hour director's cut, as I feel a big part of the criticism is because of the flow of the movie, it just didn't feel organic at times.

Makes me wonder if SS is before or after the events of SVB, because of Robins suit we may see Batman do unspeakable things to Joker, Like let him fall off a train and not save him.
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:26 PM   #94
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittdk01 View Post
It's more fun to see the movie without watching the trailers That said, I watched a couple hours of trailers between batman v superman, the new xmen and suicide squad
Yeah I would agree, but avoiding trailers is like trying not to hear who won the Superbowl =P
Old 04-26-2016, 10:54 PM   #95
Pot Roast

Quote:
Yeah I would agree, but avoiding trailers is like trying not to hear who won the Superbowl =P
Nah you just gotta have strong willpower I haven't watched a full Civil War trailer yet.
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #96
21Pittsburgh58

Quote:
I don't watch trailers unless I'm at the movie theater. This was the 1st movie I'd seen in 6 months - lol
Old 04-27-2016, 11:26 AM   #97
21Pittsburgh58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Roast View Post
Nah you just gotta have strong willpower I haven't watched a full Civil War trailer yet.
+1
Old 05-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #98
rw0926

I finally saw this and for me it was a mixed bag. I have a very different taste in movies so I never listen to reviews and what others say about a movie. I want to see it for myself and see what I think about it. Before this movie was out I knew it was going to have a rough time. It was right between Deadpool and Civil War which including Spiderman I knew it was going to be highly anticipated. So I knew BvsS would have a huge weight on it's shoulders.
I like the movie alot but only the second half where things really got going. The first half was completely a lull for me and if I was in the theater I would probably have been even more bored. There wasn't anything specific that was slow it was just the whole pace of the movie. The thing that really bugs me about DC movies as well is DC's movies are all over the place. I couldn't help thinking about Return of Superman when I saw Lex and Lois. Is it Return of Superman with the Superson? Anyway I couldn't stand Lex he didn't fit the role for me. After they shaved his head he much more fit the look for me. They should have started off with him bald in the same place but that is only my personal opinion. The whole General Zod becomes Doomsday was stupid to me. I did like the intro of WW, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #99
bennyb86

Newbie here but figured I would post my 2 cents. I personally loved it (seen it 4 times already in theaters and yes I'm that crazy people crapping and giggling like a little school girl when WW comes on in costume)

Overall, I don't get the hate that people have towards it, it does it point and gets it across. Yes, some of the Superman scenes seem drawn out but overall it is a good movie. The only two things that really bothered me as a fan is Gotham and Metropolis being so close to each other (and seeming to get closer as the movie goes on... grr... ) and I know it was a dream sequence but Batman doesn't use guns... just sayin...

Other than that i've gotten chills down my spine during the Justice League intros during the email from Bruce to Diana and when WW comes on the screen. I have a feeling Suicide Squad and WW will more than turn critics back on the DC bandwagon
bennyb86 is offline   Reply With Quote