Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
Vashalu

Default eBay Buyer issues.. for the Sellers here

I don't really sell too many things on eBay but occasionally I'll clean out some fringe pieces of my collection when I'm aiming to acquire something new. I've noticed a strange trend among the comic listings and was wondering if anyone here has encountered it.

In several "Buy it Now" listings, I've had multiple instances were a user agrees to purchase the item (thus ending the listing). But then waits several days to complete the payment portion.

Not that I have a problem if a buyer needs a few days to move some funds around. But in these instances I get no heads up and will only get a payment after I send an invoice and multiple messages. With a response similar to "oh yeah.. here you go". Am I the only one who actually pays for an item immediately when I agree to "buy it now"?

As I said, this has only been with comic listings.. never anything else. All users in good standing I should add. Have any of you encountered this lately? Perhaps could even provide some tips to us small-time sellers to avoid this?

Thanks!
Vashalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
rokstarr99

Going through that as we speak. If no Payment received by the 3rd day submit an unpaid item claim. Tends to be a good motivator. Not much you can do until the 3rd day. You can even set it all up in the unpaid buyer assistant so it's automatic.
rokstarr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #3
Grza

Yeah I'm not sure the purpose of that but it's happened to me too. I assume they have same/similar items they are trying to take off the market?

I require payment within 48hrs unless otherwise discussed. If I haven't heard from buyer I contact them that following morning. No respond by end of 3rd day I submit a claim/case to eBay. Fortunately doesn't happen a lot to me but has.
Grza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
CMS1

I have the unpaid buyer assistant setup. When it kicks in the either pay or tell me "the don't want the item anymore", but at least I can move on and get it relisted without having to waste more time.
CMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #5
Vashalu

After the 3rd day.. yeah that sounds very reasonable. Thanks for the tip! I'll start adding that to any and all listings.

Very odd that you would even have to do that nowadays. My first guess was in-line with your thinking Grza. But I didn't see anything in their profile or listings to support this. Plus in the end they ended up paying for it!

-sigh- eBay.
Vashalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
pjray55

Went through the same thing this week and now I am clicking that butting on the listing that requires anyone using buy it now to pay immediately. If they don't then the auction doesn't end
pjray55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
Branesergen

I have this in my listings:

Payment is expected within 4 days, if payment or communication is not received then an unpaid item dispute will be automatically opened and winner will be blocked.

Haven't really had too many problems. Most people pay within a day or 2 but I really dont pay attention until I get the notification than an unpaid case was opened. I have mine set up automatically as well after 4 days, you can do it as soon as 2, if it doesn't allow you then you need to change the setting that allows buyers x days to purchase from you for combined shipping. I have mine set at 3 days I believe which means I have to give 4 days. I dont even communicate with the buyers. My listing states whats expected, if they dont contact me it gets opened. Dont have time to chase people down lol
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
DigsUT

I have dealt with this recently on sports cards. I shoot an invoice after 24-48 hours, then let the auto non-payer assist do the rest.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #9
SlackerBoy9

I've only had this happen when I've accepted best offer where they took their sweet time to pay . Constant problem I've had has been getting harassed by people who's offers I've declined and getting some really horrible messages
SlackerBoy9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #10
Spider-Fan

All of my BIN listings are set up with "immediate payment required"
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #11
siro123

All my Bins are also setup Immediate payment required.
This solves that problem.
siro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #12
Comix Guy

Had problems with this myself lately. I have my account setup to automatically start claim after 4 days of non-payment.
Comix Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #13
Mysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by siro123 View Post
I 3rd this statement!
Old 02-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #14
Comix Guy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by siro123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
I 3rd this statement!
That's great for a true BIN, but it does not work if you accept a Best Offer.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #15
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comix Guy View Post
That's great for a true BIN, but it does not work if you accept a Best Offer.
Well he didn't say they ended by best offer. I give some space for auctions, but on best offers they get a case opened at the earliest possible moment. Anybody I open a case against goes immediately into my blocked bidder list.

I'm also the ahole who puts people that constantly send me low ball offers on my block list.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:16 PM   #16
SlackerBoy9

Quote:
Well he didn't say they ended by best offer. I give some space for auctions, but on best offers they get a case opened at the earliest possible moment. Anybody I open a case against goes immediately into my blocked bidder list.

I'm also the ahole who puts people that constantly send me low ball offers on my block list.
I try to be patient with the low ball offers but when they start fighting with me I go straight to block . There is a user whom every time I listed a batman book would always send offers $60 - $70 less than I posted even after I set auto decline.
SlackerBoy9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #17
Spider-Fan

I get plenty of low ball offers. I just cast them out of my mind. Offers breed BIN sales, so from that perspective I don't mind at all. But when it's the same user sending dozens of lowball offers, less than 50% asking price, sometimes less than 20% asking price, eventually I just don't want to be bothered. Especially when they start sending lowball Offers One items that don't have best offer enabled.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #18
Stat Monsters

Quote:
This is a SMART option.

If you as a buyer have taken the time to shop and feel you want it now, you can prioritize paying in the same transaction in one fell swoop.

If you can't afford it or need to raise funds, then don't buy it and hope it's there for you when you're ready.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #19
Mysterio

I just went back and looked at some of my auctions, and NONE of them have the "immediate payment required" box checked. I can't believe that every time someone has purchased something from me, they've paid right away. That's pretty crazy and I'm pretty lucky in that regard.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #20
Comix Guy

Quote:

Quote:
I get plenty of low ball offers. I just cast them out of my mind. Offers breed BIN sales, so from that perspective I don't mind at all. But when it's the same user sending dozens of lowball offers, less than 50% asking price, sometimes less than 20% asking price, eventually I just don't want to be bothered. Especially when they start sending lowball Offers One items that don't have best offer enabled.
Why do you allow low ballers? I always set to auto decline, usually this starts at about 50% my asking price.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #21
Cactuspies

Quote:

Quote:
Why do you allow low ballers? I always set to auto decline, usually this starts at about 50% my asking price.
why do you block anyone you open a case against? if they don't end up paying I understand but really after 2-4 days you are going to block them? What if they are trying to buy multiple items from you for combined shipping and they are over multiple days of the listings ending? I had one opened against me because the seller didn't have their paypal account set up correctly and couldn't take payments? What if there was an issue like that? You are losing a lot of potential sales by blocking people who don't pay as soon as you'd like. Set up immediate pay for your BINs and set up the cases to open and close on their own. Buyers don't need you and ebay to be bugging them 4 times a day to pay.

This is one practice I don't agree with.

Yeah, and just set up auto declines. I don't always do it but on higher priced items I know will bring in lowballs I do it.
Patriots 5 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: 62 members on ignore
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #22
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Because when an item has one or two offers pending, somebody else who is interested is more likely to BIN. The series buyers don't know they are lowballs. It's the same reason I NEVER accept an offer within the first 24 hours, even if it's an offer I fully plan on accepting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
why do you block anyone you open a case against? if they don't end up paying I understand but really after 2-4 days you are going to block them? What if they are trying to buy multiple items from you for combined shipping and they are over multiple days of the listings ending? I had one opened against me because the seller didn't have their paypal account set up correctly and couldn't take payments? What if there was an issue like that? You are losing a lot of potential sales by blocking people who don't pay as soon as you'd like. Set up immediate pay for your BINs and set up the cases to open and close on their own. Buyers don't need you and ebay to be bugging them 4 times a day to pay.

This is one practice I don't agree with.

Yeah, and just set up auto declines. I don't always do it but on higher priced items I know will bring in lowballs I do it.
You don't have to agree. I shouldnt have to open a case against a buyer to get them to pay. I don't have any interest in dealing with PIA buyers a second time. Period. Paragraph.

And when I set up auction listings, I always set them up to end on the same day. Sunday. Always Sunday. So that is a moot point. And if you read what I wrote, then you know I said items sold by Best Offer, not by auction.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #23
Comix Guy

Haha, odd strategy.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #24
Mysterio

I do love the auto-decline feature on BIN. I hadn't been paying attention to some of my listings so I went in and saw some silly offers for books I have. I'm good offering a 10, maybe 20% discount on some books but a 70% discount?! Ha ha ha. Move along...