Blowout Cards Forums
Trending

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 05-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
Cyber Warrior

Default Captain America Civil War Discussion & Reviews

Just got back.. nothing but greatness. Story was great, usually I dont enjoy the multi hero movies because everything feels a little crammed but they did a great job with this movie.. good amount of action and a solid story/script.

Holland as Spidey was awesome.. I like the idea of him being younger, reminded me of the animated cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man. Black Panther was also great, cant wait for some standalone films. Actually great performances from all the actors.

Wont add any spoilers so I'll leave it at that.. go see it
Old 05-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
KingMob

Black Panther was my favorite in this one. I'm glad they finally nailed Spooderman on film as well.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
SlackerBoy9

Loved the movie . Much like everyone else I thought Black Panther was well represented and Tom Holland and the writers really got spidey ( was a bit weird with a hot aunt may in it whom I have a feeling stark will end up flirting with in spidey solo movie ). I thought Falcon and Bucky had some of the funnier moments of the movie and in general with how busy it was everyone got there spotlight moment of awesome although Hawkeye ended up being a bit of a punching bag .
SlackerBoy9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
Cyber Warrior

Yeah, from the amount of press Renner did I thought he would have a major roll in this. Agree though everyone had there moment to shine and nothing felt rushed. So now that Chris Evans contract is up I wonder if he will re-sign? ..being the rumors of Bucky taking over never happened.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
pjray55

Guys how would this be for young kids? I have a 6 and 3 year old and thinking 3 year old might not be ready
pjray55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #6
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55 View Post
Guys how would this be for young kids? I have a 6 and 3 year old and thinking 3 year old might not be ready
Same here. I have a 3 1/2 year old. I think I'll take him since he's seen all the Marvel flicks (except Deadpool) and he knows all the characters lol.
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors

Last edited by Rip67vdub; 05-06-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Rip67vdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #7
Cyber Warrior

It's not too violent or anything that would be scary from what I can remember so it should be okay. Beginning is a little slow with building up the storyline so that could be somewhat boring to them but I think overall kids would enjoy it. It's a battle royale of the two teams and nothing more.

I think I'm actually headed back tomorrow to see it again with my brother n law who hasn't watched it yet.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #8
SlackerBoy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55 View Post
Might be too much sensory overload for a 3 year old but nothing too scary or over the top violent but definitely shows the heroes very hurt and more . But I think it's a case by case basis on what you are comfortable with but if they have watched winter soldier and age of ultron it's about the same as far as tone except better jokes
Old 05-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #9
Cyber Warrior

I would not take a 3yr old to any movie but that's just me.. I think my daughter was 4, almost turning 5 before I took her to her first..but every kid is different. It was mainly because of what Slacker mentioned.. too much sensory overload. And it's always been Disney animated movies..but again she's a girl..but I do imagine sometimes taking her to one of these super hero flicks one day she's pretty up to date with all the character's. I let her watch the Suicide Squad trailer cause she's a Harley fan
Old 05-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #10
nino_013

Absolutely loved it. Definitely in my top 2 MCU movies.
Have to see it again to see if I like it better than Winter Soldier..

(Only concern about taking my 6 year old to the movie is probably the running time..)

Some thoughts:

- This movie probably had the best actions sequences ive seen on film. Absolutely spectacular.
-Introduction of the new characters was very well done. Even with the amount of characters in this movie, it didn't feel overstuffed at all.
-Absolutely loved the new Spidey and the way he was brought in. Although.. it would've felt just as natural to introduce Miles Morales.

Biggest gripe for me was the movie lacked a payoff. They should've at least killed a character off
(maybe Cheadle or Renner coz they both looked old AF in this movie) to really highlight the consequences of their actions
nino_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #11
SlackerBoy9

I have to agree with Nino on the fight choreography . I don't want to kick a dead horse but my gripe with bvs was during the big fight the digital effects and cg fight stuff slowed the action and was unintentionally taking me out of the moment while in this everything is fluid and kinetic much like the Asian cinema movies like the raid redemption
Old 05-07-2016, 12:30 AM   #12
desertdogg

I just saw the movie. I like it. it did not wow me or anything. clearly black panther and spidy-boy I mean spiderman were the real stars of this movie. both were well done.

and just when you think this guy had died stan lee shows up and just kills. I think it going be interesting what this movie does box office wise compare to batman vs sups.
desertdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #13
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdogg View Post
.... I think it going be interesting what this movie does box office wise compare to batman vs sups.
Quote:
Captain America: Civil War is likely to accrue a domestic figure of $220 million. This is almost $100 million more than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s opening weekend, which totalled at $166 million.
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #14
Locoduck

Good movie, not as good as Winter Soldier but once again Marvel has no clue how to project a good villain. I thought Baron Zemo's story was weak, and dull. Every Marvel villain (other than Loki) has been a major disappointment.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
Cyber Warrior

RDJ will be happy box wise if this does better then Cap America 2. If it hits over I think 714 million was the number, he gets some huge bonus..according to his interview on Howard Stern. He's already being payed 40 million to do Civil War
Old 05-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #16
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locoduck View Post
Good movie, not as good as Winter Soldier but once again Marvel has no clue how to project a good villain. I thought Baron Zemo's story was weak, and dull. Every Marvel villain (other than Loki) has been a major disappointment.
I disagree to an extent. I don't look as Zemo as the true Villain of this film. Zemo was a normal guy who had influence/power and used it to accomplish his single mission completely. What he wanted to achieve, he did. He didn't want world domination or weapons of mass destruction, he wanted to split up the Avengers, the team that killed his entire family, and by the end of the movie, to some extent, he did that. I think Zemo will be back eventually in a much more villainous role. The only real villains in this movie were the heroes on whatever side you didn't agree with.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 05-07-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #17
80s Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Wont add any spoilers so I'll leave it at that.. go see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
..being the rumors of Bucky taking over never happened.

I'm guessing that Sam is taking over like in the comics!
80s Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #18
Spider-Fan

I enjoyed the movie, but not as much as Winter Soldier or GOTG. Personal preferences... no real issues with the film. Giant Man was great. I wish they had kept a few more surprises. Spidey and Black Panther were done very well.

Going in I was expecting to be on Cap's side. I left thinking he was kinda being a dick.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #19
rice71

I liked spiderman and Ant Man they were funny in the movie. Kinda funny with Disney owning both Marvel and Star Wars putting a Star Wars reference in. The Fed ex guy gave the best name for Tony Starks.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #20
Tones

Just got back from it, great movie. Comfortable mix of action, suspense and comedy. Loved the little quirky jokes.

Can you move your seat up?

I died
FT/FS Album: https://ibb.co/album/mSEtwF
Tones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:00 PM   #21
Cyber Warrior

Round two, enjoyed it more the second time around.. I can watch that airport scene over and over and over.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #22
CMS1

I enjoyed the movie a lot. After seeing the movie I can't wait to see what they do with spiderman and black panther.
CMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #23
nino_013

Been saying this since Cap 2, but even more so now after this movie... The Winter Soldier needs his own movie
nino_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #24
siro123

Spoiler Comment Incoming !
The only issue i had with the movie was Tony Parents driving on a 2 lane road in the woods at night and somehow a camera filmed the murder with perfect quality and the camera angles moved around the car. I assume this happened in the 1980's as the footage was on a vhs tape.
Who the hell was on that dark road at night filming winter soldier panning and zooming the camera to film the murder of tonys parents in the 1980's ?
siro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #25
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by siro123 View Post
Spoiler Comment Incoming !
The only issue i had with the movie was Tony Parents driving on a 2 lane road in the woods at night and somehow a camera filmed the murder with perfect quality and the camera angles moved around the car. I assume this happened in the 1980's as the footage was on a vhs tape.
Who the hell was on that dark road at night filming winter soldier panning and zooming the camera to film the murder of tonys parents in the 1980's ?
I was thinking the same..after rewatching it, you'll notice the security camera footage (I think it's a security camera on a gate) shows the footage grainy like it should, the parts where it clears up to better quality and is moving around I think is more of a visual of what's happening and not the actual tape footage..which is why it goes back and forth from a stationed camera with grainy quality to a moving camera with enhanced quality. At least that's what I make of it..still not sure why there was a camera filming though, maybe a security camera? or satellite footage? Or some drone following the Winter Soldiers mission?