Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
wfrw07

Default Question re: RNH Rookie Auto

So I pulled a RNH Ice Breakers Auto from a 2011-12 Pinnacle Box, which I was pretty excited about, seeing as I just kind of started back into collecting in the past year and hadn't had any sort of decent hit since then.

I scouted around the net and have an idea of what the card is worth, but my question as a novice collector is should I be looking to sell now, or is there value in holding onto it and selling down the road?

I'm relatively unfamiliar with how the market (and specifically the hockey market) works these days.

Thanks in advance for the help.
wfrw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
RBKSNIPZ

Hopkins cards aren't selling that well the last couple months, his cards seemed to have decrease in value as he didn't have a great year and is ow missing the rest of the season due to a shoulder injury. If I were you I would hold on to it until either you get what you want for it or next year when he's back and hopefully gets hot. Or you could even hold on to it for a couple years and when/if the oilers are a cup contending team sell then. What ever you do I wish you luck and I hope I helped out a little
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
TASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrw07 View Post
So I pulled a RNH Ice Breakers Auto from a 2011-12 Pinnacle Box, which I was pretty excited about, seeing as I just kind of started back into collecting in the past year and hadn't had any sort of decent hit since then.

I scouted around the net and have an idea of what the card is worth, but my question as a novice collector is should I be looking to sell now, or is there value in holding onto it and selling down the road?

I'm relatively unfamiliar with how the market (and specifically the hockey market) works these days.

Thanks in advance for the help.
The fact he had a 'down' year, and just recently was placed on IR for yet another shoulder operation now is not the time to move any RNH cards IMO.

Hold on to it for next season when he returns healthy and the Oilers have a better season in general.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
wfrw07

Ha, didn't even think about the injury part, even though he was on my fantasy team.

Thanks for the advice to the both of you. I might end up just keeping it anyway because I really dig the "RNH" signature.

LGR.
wfrw07 is offline   Reply With Quote