Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #20
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants72 View Post
Having watched a number of McAdoo's press conferences, he came off as a man with zero-leadership ability, a lack of personal accountability, and generally clueless.

He never had control of the team. Coughlin was a renowned disciplinarian, and a lot of guys in the league didn't want to play for him, but I never recall him having to suspend top players for mysterious reasons. The guy had no control of his team, which I believe can also be seen in their play over the latter half of the season.

Then the whole Eli debacle demonstrated McAdoo/Reese had a lack of respect for veterans and team/history, made no football sense, alienated fans further, and made no football sense (desperate attempt to save job).

I don't think you fire a coach for a bad season, but a bad season can tell you a lot about who your coach is. McAdoo is an incompetent coward. In good faith, I am trying to think of another coach in recent memory for any tea, I would say that about...and I am drawing a blank. Kiffin maybe? But I recall him having some level of competence.

Ownership had no choice. I'd be stunned if McAdoo ever sniffs a coordinator position again.
Well put. Itís funny to read this because it almost describes Pagano quite accurately.