Blowout Cards Forums
Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #251
murrke03
Banned

Why is this proven liar still allowed on here. Shame we have people in the hobby like this.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #252
forgiven1

Kencope sure is making a name for himself!......
Old 11-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #253
nissandriver77
Banned

Sorry Ken another Lie in regards to the poll you stated 30% - 50% accepted it .

Again you are WRONG.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...cut-sheet.html

Out of 86 voters , 19 votes combined of your mates voted 22.62% with your Freud ( probably Desperado's looking for the next buck ) and the rest of the forum 66 votes 77.38% think you are a criminal .

You work the math on what your doing .

And you dirty your name for so little pffttt .

These small time crims i tell you no brains, if your going to do something do it big ,Personally my name means more to me than a few thousand stinking dollars LOL, small timer .

Last edited by nissandriver77; 11-09-2013 at 10:15 PM.
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #254
kencope
Banned

Thanks for clarifying that. The statistics had moved since I last looked.

Of course, you make your own interpretations as to what people think.

Crime? You can debate ethics all you want, but calling it a crime is absolutely absurd. But, I'd expect nothing less from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
Sorry Ken another Lie in regards to the poll you stated 30% - 50% accepted it .

Again you are WRONG.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...cut-sheet.html

Out of 86 voters , 19 of your mates voted 22.62% with your Freud ( probably Desperado's looking for the next buck ) and the rest of the forum 77.38% think you are a criminal .

You work the math on what your doing .

And you dirty your name for so little pffttt .

These small time crims i tell you no brains, if your going to do something do it big ,Personally my name means more to me than a few thousand stinking dollars LOL, small timer .
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #255
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. The statistics had moved since I last looked.

Of course, you make your own interpretations as to what people think.

Crime? You can debate ethics all you want, but calling it a crime is absolutely absurd. But, I'd expect nothing less from you.
Yes a Petty & Shameful crime by looking to gain funds via deception In Australia that is a Federal Offence , as stated by yourself you never had a disclaimer on ebay till you got caught out , and even your microscopic disclaimer you have now is less to be desired .

Power to you Ken , if you need donations forward your paypal I am sure people can send you donations since clearly you are so desperate for money .

And no need for interpretations Ken the consensus from 66 people against to 19 people with you shows what they think nothing to do with me .

Last edited by nissandriver77; 11-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #256
kencope
Banned

Over 1,300 posts, 6 transactions. You keep talking, I'll keep actually being a part of the hobby. Take care.

Quote:
Yes a Petty & Shameful crime by looking to gain funds via deception In Australia that is a Federal Offence , as stated by yourself you never had a disclaimer on ebay till you got caught out , and even your microscopic disclaimer you have now is less to be desired .

Power to you Ken , if you need donations forward your paypal I am sure people can send you donations since clearly you are so desperate for money .

And no need for interpretations Ken the consensus from 66 people against to 19 people with you shows what they think nothing to do with me .
Old 11-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #257
murrke03
Banned

Lies lies and more lies.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #258
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Over 1,300 posts, 6 transactions. You keep talking, I'll keep actually being a part of the hobby. Take care.
Is that all you have , I would rather have just that which clearly I do not as I have 1000 transactions , than be a scammer/liar/desperate/egomaniac like yourself .

You still have not answered why you had to relist so many times your precious fake Jambalaya 's after they sold on ebay ?

Care to explain/lie ?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #259
nissandriver77
Banned

And see another thing is how do we all know this is real ?

Michael Jordan 1997 98 Skybox E x 2001 Jambalaya RARE Insert 1 720 BGS 9 w 10 | eBay

You have no disclaimer on it but we have to take your word that it is not one of your sheet cut Specials?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #260
kencope
Banned

Non paying buyers. Hard concept for you?
Quote:
Is that all you have , I would rather have just that which clearly I do not as I have 1000 transactions , than be a scammer/liar/desperate/egomaniac like yourself .

You still have not answered why you had to relist so many times your precious fake Jambalaya 's after they sold on ebay ?

Care to explain/lie ?
Already stated numerous times that I'm happy to provide proof of how it was acquired and the condition under which I'll do so.

Quote:
And see another thing is how do we all know this is real ?

Michael Jordan 1997 98 Skybox E x 2001 Jambalaya RARE Insert 1 720 BGS 9 w 10 | eBay

You have no disclaimer on it but we have to take your word that it is not one of your sheet cut Specials?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #261
murrke03
Banned

Quote:

Already stated numerous times that I'm happy to provide proof of how it was acquired and the condition under which I'll do so.
Yeah we know. Your conditions are quite childish and your refusal to be transparent is just another shady action.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #262
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:

Wow you have a lot of non paying buyers
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #263
kencope
Banned

Yeah, it's just par for the course on eBay lately. Have an open case for a $1,000 Lebron SPA and a $2500 Lillard flawless right now and got messages from both of them in the last day that they're not paying. Cost of doing business these days.

Also just remembered that in the first round of auctions I had opted into eBay's new global shipping program and it was trying to automatically charge all overseas buyers $45 each per card no matter if they bought one card or 6. So, people were getting charged over $300 in s/h and there was no way to modify the invoice.

Quote:

Last edited by kencope; 11-09-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #264
murrke03
Banned

So about that 'same' process and specificstions of cutting the card like fleer.

Did you change that lie in your auctions yet?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #265
Xiarmadillo

Quote:

It's all part of the 'Sports Asset Management'

Get uncut sheets (and who knows, potentially forgeries), cut them up. Pump up the prices of these on Ebay who doesnt care about fake sales, and then offload.
Xiarmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #266
brentus777

The owners of original pack pulled version would be pissed, not only has their card gone from 1:720 to god knows what, they have a rare 90s card that WAS highly desirable... now... i wouldnt pay $50 for one...

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/brentus777/library/For%20Sale%20or%20Trade?sort=6&page=1
brentus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #267
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentus777 View Post
The owners of original pack pulled version would be pissed, not only has their card gone from 1:720 to god knows what, they have a rare 90s card that WAS highly desirable... now... i wouldnt pay $50 for one...
He doesn't care mate as long as he makes bank it's all good for him, who cares about the rest that's not his problem.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #268
dhendrix1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Actually no it doesn't.

You claim same process and same specifications. Please explain what that entails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
So about that 'same' process and specificstions of cutting the card like fleer.

Did you change that lie in your auctions yet?
I doubt they sit under a table lamp with scissors too..
dhendrix1303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #269
37Jetson

If you are looking for sympathy I can believe that there will be none available for you on these boards. Give SCF a try.

Quote:
Yeah, it's just par for the course on eBay lately. Have an open case for a $1,000 Lebron SPA and a $2500 Lillard flawless right now and got messages from both of them in the last day that they're not paying. Cost of doing business these days.

Also just remembered that in the first round of auctions I had opted into eBay's new global shipping program and it was trying to automatically charge all overseas buyers $45 each per card no matter if they bought one card or 6. So, people were getting charged over $300 in s/h and there was no way to modify the invoice.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #270
kencope
Banned

What about my comment made you think I was looking for sympathy? Just answering a question that was raised. I think the sentence "Cost of doing business these days" would be clear to anyone that no sympathy was being asked for.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #271
bigaust001

Personally, I don't see the problem with this. As I've watched this thread develop, and I'm not taking sides, but my opinions haven't changed.

Fleer printed this card, no? And they had intentions of putting into production at some time, correct? Albeit that their vision was supposedly for replacements, why would you hold these sheets for such a long period after the expiration period of the agreement to replace damaged product (~1 year?)? This, coupled with the fact that the Fleer framed EVERY sheet sold at their auction, as well as only releasing ONE OF EVERY PRODUCT POST 1993 (Fleer / Skybox) leads me to believe that these were not used for replacements, but rather as wall decor. With their only being one released, collectors with a Jambalaya should not use their excuse that it ruins the integrity of the card due to inflated print run, because I believe their is only one extra copy released through the auction.

Also, how do you saturate a print run of a card with an unstated production number? I understand the moralistic values of it, but also take into account the percentage of change in the stated print run. I will continue searching but up until this point, these are the only odds I can find:

24 packs per box, 2 cards per pack
Inserts:
15 Star Date 2001 (1:12 packs)
15 Jam-Balaya (1:720 packs)
20 Gravity Denied (1:24 packs)
Autographics (1:60 packs)

With the Essential Credentials Now being serial numbered and not having odds presented leads me to believe that the print runs for these cards must be near to astronomical anyway, with this set of 15 cards having a subject 1/720 packs and a numbered set of 80 subjects with a total print run of 3280 (cards were serial numbered to their set number) leads me to believe that there were greater than 10,000 Jambalaya cards in total produced. That would mean that the Essential Credentials Now would fall every 2.5 boxes, and I have no idea and would LOVE if someone could clarify as it would make me statistically accurate.

This being said, that leaves room for around 670ish Jordan Jambalayas. It is common courtesy to print a few extra sheets for the purpose of best selection, so even with a large number of extra sheets (~20), puts our number of possible Jordans to 690 (670 pack inserted, 20 sheets). That comes out to a maximum of 2.8% being sheet cut with a sheet count of 20 implemented. That does not account for sheets that were destroyed, or left uncut, or even sheets not even printed to begin with. So, there's somewhere between a 0-2.8% chance that the Jambalaya that you collectors hold so dear is sheet cut.

But guess what?

IT STILL CAME OFF OF FLEER's PRESSES.

Beckett ran an article in an early 2000's issue that stated a fact that opened my eyes entirely. For every Jordan rookie card that has been graded authentic or received a scale grade, there are 8 fakes. EIGHT. So no matter how many Jambalayas you have, you have a 100% chance that the card was produced by Fleer, whether it was packed out or not. If it really irks you that bad that the card may be sheet cut, simply don't buy it, quit worshiping the idols that separate your collection from Joe Schmoes, and stick to hoping that one out of those twenty Jordan RCs you bought are real. Irregardless, a sheet cut card is an authentic card, it is your decision to take it in to your collection.

Thanks for your time guys! God Bless!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #272
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaust001 View Post
Personally, I don't see the problem with this. As I've watched this thread develop, and I'm not taking sides, but my opinions haven't changed.

Fleer printed this card, no? And they had intentions of putting into production at some time, correct? Albeit that their vision was supposedly for replacements, why would you hold these sheets for such a long period after the expiration period of the agreement to replace damaged product (~1 year?)? This, coupled with the fact that the Fleer framed EVERY sheet sold at their auction, as well as only releasing ONE OF EVERY PRODUCT POST 1993 (Fleer / Skybox) leads me to believe that these were not used for replacements, but rather as wall decor. With their only being one released, collectors with a Jambalaya should not use their excuse that it ruins the integrity of the card due to inflated print run, because I believe their is only one extra copy released through the auction.

Also, how do you saturate a print run of a card with an unstated production number? I understand the moralistic values of it, but also take into account the percentage of change in the stated print run. I will continue searching but up until this point, these are the only odds I can find:

24 packs per box, 2 cards per pack
Inserts:
15 Star Date 2001 (1:12 packs)
15 Jam-Balaya (1:720 packs)
20 Gravity Denied (1:24 packs)
Autographics (1:60 packs)

With the Essential Credentials Now being serial numbered and not having odds presented leads me to believe that the print runs for these cards must be near to astronomical anyway, with this set of 15 cards having a subject 1/720 packs and a numbered set of 80 subjects with a total print run of 3280 (cards were serial numbered to their set number) leads me to believe that there were greater than 10,000 Jambalaya cards in total produced. That would mean that the Essential Credentials Now would fall every 2.5 boxes, and I have no idea and would LOVE if someone could clarify as it would make me statistically accurate.

This being said, that leaves room for around 670ish Jordan Jambalayas. It is common courtesy to print a few extra sheets for the purpose of best selection, so even with a large number of extra sheets (~20), puts our number of possible Jordans to 690 (670 pack inserted, 20 sheets). That comes out to a maximum of 2.8% being sheet cut with a sheet count of 20 implemented. That does not account for sheets that were destroyed, or left uncut, or even sheets not even printed to begin with. So, there's somewhere between a 0-2.8% chance that the Jambalaya that you collectors hold so dear is sheet cut.

But guess what?

IT STILL CAME OFF OF FLEER's PRESSES.

Beckett ran an article in an early 2000's issue that stated a fact that opened my eyes entirely. For every Jordan rookie card that has been graded authentic or received a scale grade, there are 8 fakes. EIGHT. So no matter how many Jambalayas you have, you have a 100% chance that the card was produced by Fleer, whether it was packed out or not. If it really irks you that bad that the card may be sheet cut, simply don't buy it, quit worshiping the idols that separate your collection from Joe Schmoes, and stick to hoping that one out of those twenty Jordan RCs you bought are real. Irregardless, a sheet cut card is an authentic card, it is your decision to take it in to your collection.

Thanks for your time guys! God Bless!
Yes, YOU DON'T CARE, but 80% of the people DO CARE. But based on the poll, you are in a heavy minority.

The fact of the matter is, where it came from wasn't initially disclosed because OP thought he would pull more bank if he didn't tell people where it was from. Then, "out of the goodness of his heart" he discloses where it came from and then says it "sold for a premium" (which I doubt) over a pack pulled version.

People care. You might not, but a majority does. It is dishonest to not disclose that information for the 80% or higher that wants to know that information.

Put it this way, a pack pulled version has 100% of the market interested in that card. A sheet cut version has only 20% of the market interested. That is a HUGE difference. Being dishonest, like OP initially was, gave him 80% more market availability of people willing to bid.

Also, the fact that OP buries the details of the sheet cut card in the small text, where he calls out the pack-pulled cards in the larger text shows you exactly what he is about.

God forbid that when you make a sale you think about the customer rather than your own beliefs.

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 11-10-2013 at 10:31 AM.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #273
jjjackson32977

I don't think anyone is debating the cards are real August....the issue is how Kendope went about selling them and whatnot
jjjackson32977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #274
GC1980

Didn't this thread happen a month or so ago? Talk about déjà vu!
GC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #275
bigaust001

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Yes, YOU DON'T CARE, but 80% of the people DO CARE. But based on the poll, you are in a heavy minority.

The fact of the matter is, where it came from wasn't initially disclosed because OP thought he would pull more bank if he didn't tell people where it was from. Then, "out of the goodness of his heart" he discloses where it came from and then says it "sold for a premium" (which I doubt) over a pack pulled version.

People care. You might not, but a majority does. It is dishonest to not disclose that information for the 80% or higher that wants to know that information.

Put it this way, a pack pulled version has 100% of the market interested in that card. A sheet cut version has only 20% of the market interested. That is a HUGE difference. Being dishonest, like OP initially was, gave him 80% more market availability of people willing to bid.

Also, the fact that OP buries the details of the sheet cut card in the small text, where he calls out the pack-pulled cards in the larger text shows you exactly what he is about.

God forbid that when you make a sale you think about the customer rather than your own beliefs.
I haven't followed the morality of the issue as much as I have watched people go at this gentleman's throat for "polluting the market". I agree, looking back, that the way this sale was condoned was very shady, but has he not came forward about his actions? He has clearly stated that he is not in the hobby to collect like you and I, but to make some green. Should that not be a red flag not to deal with him? Also, as for the small print in the auction... if you are getting ready to drop that kind of cash on a collectible, would you not read the auction thoroughly and see the fine print? Everything is not out in the open.

But let's be honest, how can you tell, without in hand examination, that the card is not factory cut? Even in hand in some situations, you can't. That's that. How do you know unless you pulled it yourself? You don't. As far as kencope can lay his head down and sleep at night, knowing in his heart that he has done nothing to scathe his morals, what does it matter to him? He's already said he's done it for the money. He obviously does not care about the hobby-extremists that have turned cardboard into a lifestyle, as he profits from them. If you have $3000 to spend on a card, just for the simple fact to say that you own it, more power to you. But unless you have any personal attachment to the card, where does that get you? It looks cool, okay. But anyone outside of the hobby thinks you are nuts for doing it. Call me old fashioned, or it may be to blame that I don't have that amount of cash laying around, but the true thrill of card collecting for me is when I buy/pull something that makes a connection with a moment in sports or my life.

That being said, if I was going to make such a large purchase of such an iconic card, and it was a priority to know that it was pack pulled, I would only do so from a trusted person that I had either dealt with personally prior to or had heard good reviews of, neither of which kencope meets. Nothing against him, but I prefer for my peers to have common goals, and I consider entrepreneurs in this hobby foolish and demeaning, as there is so much more to it than money.

To close, God bless you and your future endeavors Ken. If you were in such a situation to commit such an "unthinkable crime" as these boards shout, God be with you man. I just don't see the difference between a kencope cut card and a Fleer cut card.