Blowout Cards Forums
Wave TUE

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #276
kencope
Banned

bigaust001 - Thanks and well wishes to you as well. The only comment of yours I take exception with is you said I don't have good reviews. As I've stated before, I have almost 3000 eBay transactions with 99.8% positive, over 1500 transactions on SCF with 100% positive, and all positive transactions on here as well. If people have issues with sheet cutting, I have no problem with that. It's their prerogative. But, I'm overwhelmingly well regarded in this industry despite some of the misguided comments in this thread. I've also explained that I've done nothing intentionally deceiving or malicious, but people turn a blind eye to that and choose to make up their own reality.

As you've stated, it makes no difference to me, other than the fact that I regret that anyone that I previously had a good relationship with may think less of me because of this ordeal. I sleep well at night and continue to buy/sell/trade constantly and enjoy the hobby. Thanks for all of your input!
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #277
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
bigaust001 - Thanks and well wishes to you as well. The only comment of yours I take exception with is you said I don't have good reviews. As I've stated before, I have almost 3000 eBay transactions with 99.8% positive, over 1500 transactions on SCF with 100% positive, and all positive transactions on here as well. If people have issues with sheet cutting, I have no problem with that. It's their prerogative. But, I'm overwhelmingly well regarded in this industry despite some of the misguided comments in this thread. I've also explained that I've done nothing intentionally deceiving or malicious, but people turn a blind eye to that and choose to make up their own reality.

As you've stated, it makes no difference to me, other than the fact that I regret that anyone that I previously had a good relationship with may think less of me because of this ordeal. I sleep well at night and continue to buy/sell/trade constantly and enjoy the hobby. Thanks for all of your input!
Then maybe you should edit the part of the auction where you state it is cut in the same exact process and to same exact specifications as Fleer.

They aren't. So that is a deception and malicious.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #278
bigaust001

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Then maybe you should edit the part of the auction where you state it is cut in the same exact process and to same exact specifications as Fleer.

They aren't. So that is a deception and malicious.
The sale is over, and if the seller did not inquire about the process or research the issue or seller enough to know that there was a chance of alteration or deviation from the original pack pulled card and assumed that the card from an accused sheet cutter was pack pulled, shame on them for not doing their research on the seller or the items history. I am not defending kencope for being shady, I am shaming them for their lack of inquiry into the resources they have available to trace the history of the card and its seller. If you live life by only what is given and do not ask questions, you will miss many an opportunity.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #279
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaust001 View Post
The sale is over, and if the seller did not inquire about the process or research the issue or seller enough to know that there was a chance of alteration or deviation from the original pack pulled card and assumed that the card from an accused sheet cutter was pack pulled, shame on them for not doing their research on the seller or the items history. I am not defending kencope for being shady, I am shaming them for their lack of inquiry into the resources they have available to trace the history of the card and its seller. If you live life by only what is given and do not ask questions, you will miss many an opportunity.
He still has a pippen listed in which he is deceiving and lying in the auction description.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #280
bigaust001

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
He still has a pippen listed in which he is deceiving and lying in the auction description.
He has the disclaimer in plain view. I honestly don't think you guys would be satisfied if he was tarred and feathered. If he doesn't meet your seller quota, don't buy from him, plain and simple. There is nothing deceiving about the listing to anyone with reading comprehension.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #281
hairyangryfella

Quote:
Are you saying that every potential buyer of every card on ebay should contact the seller and how where the card came from?
Most people wouldn't have a clue about this cutting unless they knew about Ken from this forum.

Why are you pushing the responsibility onto them? If you're selling an item there should be no doubt, no hidden info that buyers should have to find out for themselves.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #282
forgiven1

The ones backing this guy would do the same thing!..Thats all!..SMH!..
Old 11-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #283
oldgoldy97

Quote:
He has the disclaimer in plain view. I honestly don't think you guys would be satisfied if he was tarred and feathered. If he doesn't meet your seller quota, don't buy from him, plain and simple. There is nothing deceiving about the listing to anyone with reading comprehension.
Question: is that the trimmed Wagner in your avatar?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #284
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Great question!

Makes me wonder what he thinks about the trimmed Wagner PSA 8. I'm guessing he's ok with it, since he doesn't see what Ken did as wrong.
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #285
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Can you please read the post before commenting again.

I am talking about his claim that they are cut in with the "same process and specifications" that fleer did with the originals.

That is a 100% not correct thus he is deceiving and lying in his listing.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #286
bigaust001

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Are you saying that every potential buyer of every card on ebay should contact the seller and how where the card came from?
Most people wouldn't have a clue about this cutting unless they knew about Ken from this forum.

Why are you pushing the responsibility onto them? If you're selling an item there should be no doubt, no hidden info that buyers should have to find out for themselves.
I am not saying that, yet you are concerned about the origin of this card, no? But with a card of this stature, and an investment of that amount, would you not do a small amount of research to back your purchase? Please do not twist my words.

Last edited by bigaust001; 11-10-2013 at 04:08 PM.
bigaust001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #287
bigaust001

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
The ones backing this guy would do the same thing!..Thats all!..SMH!..
Again... I'm not backing this guy, as I feel it is wrong that he uses this hobby as a source of income. I have stated this countless times. I feel that attribute of his personality would seperate me from ever making a purchase from him, nothing personal, just the simple fact that I do not support his lifestyle. I am the one against profiting from this hobby I enjoy, and I get blasphemized because of it? I have a right to my opinions only after I form them with reasoning, as do you.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #288
37Jetson

I really hope that this Cut Sheet Fiasco results in the loss of your Ebay business. There are far too many scammers and liars in the hobby. Now that you are selling these cards your previous seller performance means NOTHING but the fact that you sold out in the attempt to make an easy dollar.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #289
bigaust001

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Great question!

Makes me wonder what he thinks about the trimmed Wagner PSA 8. I'm guessing he's ok with it, since he doesn't see what Ken did as wrong.
Honestly, I don't. How does that affect my morality, that someone failed to do their part and realize that the card had been trimmed? How does it affect my life that someone's opinion on a cards condition contorted the value into astronomical values? How does it affect my values that nothing has been done about it, that the company guilty still grades thousand of cards a day and gets paid by collector's that have failed to lose their trust in their opinion?

It doesn't.

Because that card, nor grading, which I am against, will ever. Be it cost, or lack of opportunity, take into account that their is more to enjoy about this hobby than the almighty dollar. I am more worried about the people involved with the scandals than the scandals themselves.

All I can do is pray.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #290
hairyangryfella

Quote:
I am not saying that, yet you are concerned about the origin of this card, no? But with a card of this stature, and an investment of that amount, would you not do a small amount of research to back your purchase? Please do not twist my words.
I wasn't twisting words, I was trying to read what you were saying, and that was how I interpreted it. In most cases you shouldn't have to do research - what is listed is what you are getting. Unless the patch is questionable of course.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #291
kencope
Banned

If I were doing something illegal or against eBay policy, your hopes might have a chance. Alas, they don't.

If I "sold out" it would mean I did something not in accordance with my principles. I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with cutting an uncut sheet, so that doesn't apply.

I assure you nothing was easy about the process, but I surely did it to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I really hope that this Cut Sheet Fiasco results in the loss of your Ebay business. There are far too many scammers and liars in the hobby. Now that you are selling these cards your previous seller performance means NOTHING but the fact that you sold out in the attempt to make an easy dollar.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #292
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
I am more worried about the people involved with the scandals than the scandals themselves.

All I can do is pray.
Oh yeah, sure........ So you'll back this guy so much that you'll go to those lengths!? smh there's more behind your motives then you're telling.

Then you make a mockery of people's religion? Smh.... Class act! You're the MAN!!! I almost believed you before with all the "God bless" smh
Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #293
kencope
Banned

What planet do you live on?

Everyone that doesn't agree with you is in some big conspiracy with me?

Then you have the gall to degrade him because he uses the term "god bless"? He's practicing religion, not making a mockery of it.

It's obvious to everyone on this board that you're delusional, but this post really takes things to new heights.

SMH indeed.

Quote:
Oh yeah, sure........ So you'll back this guy so much that you'll go to those lengths!? smh there's more behind your motives then you're telling.

Then you make a mockery of people's religion? Smh.... Class act! You're the MAN!!! I almost believed you before with all the "God bless" smh
Old 11-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #294
bigaust001

Quote:

Again, I do not "back" this guy. I have posted three times in this thread about how I am against his practice. If you are not able to comprehend what is spelled out infront of you, I do not know how else to inform you.

And how am I mocking anyone's religion by standing by my own...? I don't understand your reference. Any person with a sense of morality would take to this thread looking at both sides and evaluating their opinions before forming their own. I am not for either side, nor against it. I was just sharing some insight that everyone was over looking. And as far as being a class act... Don't believe for one second that anyone on this forum is better than anyone else. Take the cards away, and you have people.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #295
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
What planet do you live on?

Everyone that doesn't agree with you is in some big conspiracy with me?

Then you have the gall to degrade him because he uses the term "god bless"? He's practicing religion, not making a mockery of it.

It's obvious to everyone on this board that you're delusional, but this post really takes things to new heights.

SMH indeed.
Yeah, he was making a mockery of it, saying that he will pray.... smh

Oh yeah, I'm VERY delusional and "everybody" knows it you wish! Haha... I'm so delusional that I caught you in you're scheme! Remember? Other thread? When you tried to brush it off with a simple "yes" answer, thinking that "everybody" was dumb, and couldn't see right through you. Well, I being so delusional, I saw right through you, and know EVERYBODY knows!!!

Ken Cope, and his backers, are the MEN!!!! :turkey:
Old 11-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #296
jj2

Quote:

A bit over the top.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #297
bigaust001

Quote:

Oh yeah, I'm VERY delusional and "everybody" knows it you wish! Haha... I'm so delusional that I caught you in you're scheme! Remember? Other thread? When you tried to brush it off with a simple "yes" answer, thinking that "everybody" was dumb, and couldn't see right through you. Well, I being so delusional, I saw right through you, and know EVERYBODY knows!!!

I ask that in your line of mockeries you exclude my religion. You can make a fool of yourself but you will not make a fool of my God and have me stand by.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #298
kencope
Banned

You "caught" me when I (a) told everyone I would be doing this before I did it or (b) answered honestly and frankly when asked? Which part should be given as credit to you which you seem to derive your self-worth from?

You have no boundaries, and breaking other people down doesn't equate to building you up. My only hope, and I don't mean this tongue-in-cheek, is that you mature and self-reflect at some point so that you can truly contribute to making the world a better place rather than claiming to in the manner that you currently claim.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #299
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
I ask that in your line of mockeries you exclude my religion. You can make a fool of yourself but you will not make a fool of my God and have me stand by.
Smh....... You just won't quit the act, huh.

Well, for your information, religion is not even allowed on thus forum. And number two, you can stop with your mockery. Thanks
Old 11-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #300
jj2

Quote:
Smh....... You just won't quit the act, huh.

Well, for your information, religion is not even allowed on thus forum. And number two, you can stop with your mockery. Thanks
Sorry Gio, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree (in the wrong forest) on this one.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote