Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
HeadstrongRSS

Default Informative podcasts and radio shows?

Hey all, was just curious what everyone listens to for NFL podcasts and/or radio shows? Looking for ones that have a variety of subjects...not some trolling or First Take type of convo (always talking cowboys, social issues, Lebron/warriors and nothing else).

I dont really listen to any sports ones...but am looking for something to help pass ways at the office. I did a search before I posted this, but didn't see much.
HeadstrongRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
splitrockgamer

They don't exist. I would find one on your favorite team from a local radio station. You will not find a national one that is good because they have better ratings pandering to moron mouth breathers than the small amount of smart football fans.

I would suggest pardon my take if you are looking for sports humor though.
splitrockgamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #3
altaeria

After a team loses a big game, stream their local sportstalk station that week. It is usually entertaining.
altaeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
ronaldkosh

Mike Francesa has always been my favorite. Mostly New York sports but he will go "around the league" more than most local guys. You can stream for free at wfan.radio.net
ronaldkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:19 PM   #5
roberth404

Pardon My Take is pretty entertaining and funny. Good to listen to at work when you can pick up on the discussion at any time (ie, you don't have to be fully engaged at all times to understand what's going on).

If you're looking for a great sports card podcast try Sports Card Radio, including the R rated version.
roberth404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:33 PM   #6
blevins26

The Ticket in Dallas is really good. It's got a cult following there. It's a sports station but I'd say only 60% of it is sports and, of that, it's not all homerism, they do a lot of neutral sports talk on things like golf, tennis, or whatever is topical. I'm a Giants fan but I listen more now than I did when I lived there just because it's good talk radio.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 AM   #7
88horsepower

I listen to Ryen Rusillo and used to listen to Jorge Sedano quite a bit, but can’t seem to find him podcasting these days.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:17 AM   #8
Eckstein197

The ringer nfl show has some great content, Kevin Clark and Robert Mays do an excellent job.

Also I agree with the post above about Pardon My Take. It’s pretty funny and is certainly different and very fun
Old 06-12-2023, 10:55 PM   #9
49erRCCollector

I've been listening to the Sports Card Nonsense podcast. They are heavy on basketball from what I can tell but it's actually an OK listen overall about the hobby/market.

This week they were playing back their takes from 2021 ("Post-Covid Boom", etc) and the prices, versus now - it's really basketball heavy but good lord... some people must have really lost a ton of money. It's kind of shocking. Ja, Zion, wow. If you extrapolate that out to football? Yikes.
Will MASSIVELY overpay for: 2002 Fleer Authentix #180, 181 Derek Smith & Zack Bronson AND 2007 Upper Deck Target Exclusive Rookies Autographs #261 Joe Staley #'d to /5
49erRCCollector is offline   Reply With Quote