Blowout Cards Forums
trick treat

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #876
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
I have a lot of really good OFers. But, the Dale Murphy in the ticket store is great. Only use him against righties, but he torches em. Also is a good defender, and good speed
I was gonna grab him, but they are dropping a 99 in the ticket store this week and I wanna make sure I have enough tickets. I have 10k, but you never know with MLB lol

I miss last year when they told you whether the opponent had a RHP or LHP starting. That way you could set a lineup and not have to worry about subbing guys out right away
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #877
TFD50

Won a few more in a row, approaching WS...we'll see how is goes
TFD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #878
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFD50 View Post
Won a few more in a row, approaching WS...we'll see how is goes
get it man. that seaver is gonna be nice. if you are gonna sell it hold it for a few days first. I have to make sure I am on right when rewards drop so I can snag it cheap. I got kiner for like 40k and sold it for around 75k last week

I have been playing straight BR lately. Got to 8 wins twice. 8-0 once. each run the 6 game reward was 82 didi (goes for about 9k) and the 9 game reward was around 2k lol

really want to make a good push and get to 12 wins. haven't done that before
Old 09-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #879
halfkif

Gonna start the grind for mauer. Any tips for conquest?
halfkif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #880
mhuhn23

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfkif View Post
Gonna start the grind for mauer. Any tips for conquest?
Did you do the conquest I missions before the new ones came out for Mauer? If not you have a long grind ahead of you to get those ones done first but those will get you some nice cards along the way (Granderson, Jackson, etc.)

If you've done those ones and are starting for Mauer let us know and I'll give you a good rundown for how I did it.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #881
halfkif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Did you do the conquest I missions before the new ones came out for Mauer? If not you have a long grind ahead of you to get those ones done first but those will get you some nice cards along the way (Granderson, Jackson, etc.)

If you've done those ones and are starting for Mauer let us know and I'll give you a good rundown for how I did it.
I just started. So far I've only conquered 2 teams, so yea it's going to be long. I don't mind because i want the rewards as well. What do the missions for conquest II require you to do?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #882
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
I just started. So far I've only conquered 2 teams, so yea it's going to be long. I don't mind because i want the rewards as well. What do the missions for conquest II require you to do?
You have to conquer all 30 teams again. Then you'll unlock a will clark Steven wright and Carlos beltran then do stat missions with them

Took me about 4 days
Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #883
rednecksims

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Definitely fell off playing since destiny 2 cane out. Probably pick it back up next weekend.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #884
mhuhn23

Quote:
Your first round of missions are going to be collecting all team strongholds. During the course of your game other teams will be taking over other teams strongholds. But as far as the missions go, the Yankees stronghold will always be there's for the mission. So even if Boston has control of it, it still counts towards your missions as it being the Yankees.

Conquest in a lot of ways is like the board game of Risk. The best way to complete it quickly and efficiently are like this (there are videos on YouTube as well.):

Start by filling as many territories as possible. Don't worry about attacking other teams to begin. Your focus is controlling as many territories as possible which gives you more reinforcements (fans) during that round.

Skip the steal fans part of every turn. It is pointless and you would be playing pointless games.

Most people recommend moving westward to start. Although in my games sometimes I have to start with Minnesota because as you are pushing west sometimes I've noticed they work the same way which ends up taking your territories away while you're trying to gain them moving toward Seattle.

Going right at Colorado is also a decent strategy.

Once you get enough territories to really start getting a good amount of reinforcements just continue where you left off on the previous turn as far as attacking goes. Generally I keep one attacking territory and stack all my reinforcements to it while leaving 1 'fan' to every other territory I own.

Myself I call it my attack 'train' if you will. You can max it out at 99 fans and I just keep the train rolling through attacking other teams territories until I can't anymore.

I never play a game higher than Rookie or veteran. The first game or 2 on All Star sometimes just to get things moving. You have to remember that you want to get this done as quickly as possible so don't waste time getting into extra inning games with the CPU. Crush them on Rookie and move on.

It's hard to explain and probably difficult to follow my explanation. Check out the YouTube videos. Never play a game unless it's to take over a stronghold.

The first round of 'grinding' missions that you have to complete to unlock the Mauer missions are:

10 Home Runs with All Star Series Players
10 Doubles with Hardward Series players
50 Hits with Breakouts Series players
8 Wins with Breakout Series Starting Pitchers
275 Plate Appearances with AL Central players
60 Strikeouts with Left Handed Starting pitchers

Its a pain in the ass. But it is worth it.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #885
halfkif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Your first round of missions are going to be collecting all team strongholds. During the course of your game other teams will be taking over other teams strongholds. But as far as the missions go, the Yankees stronghold will always be there's for the mission. So even if Boston has control of it, it still counts towards your missions as it being the Yankees.

Conquest in a lot of ways is like the board game of Risk. The best way to complete it quickly and efficiently are like this (there are videos on YouTube as well.):

Start by filling as many territories as possible. Don't worry about attacking other teams to begin. Your focus is controlling as many territories as possible which gives you more reinforcements (fans) during that round.

Skip the steal fans part of every turn. It is pointless and you would be playing pointless games.

Most people recommend moving westward to start. Although in my games sometimes I have to start with Minnesota because as you are pushing west sometimes I've noticed they work the same way which ends up taking your territories away while you're trying to gain them moving toward Seattle.

Going right at Colorado is also a decent strategy.

Once you get enough territories to really start getting a good amount of reinforcements just continue where you left off on the previous turn as far as attacking goes. Generally I keep one attacking territory and stack all my reinforcements to it while leaving 1 'fan' to every other territory I own.

Myself I call it my attack 'train' if you will. You can max it out at 99 fans and I just keep the train rolling through attacking other teams territories until I can't anymore.

I never play a game higher than Rookie or veteran. The first game or 2 on All Star sometimes just to get things moving. You have to remember that you want to get this done as quickly as possible so don't waste time getting into extra inning games with the CPU. Crush them on Rookie and move on.

It's hard to explain and probably difficult to follow my explanation. Check out the YouTube videos. Never play a game unless it's to take over a stronghold.

The first round of 'grinding' missions that you have to complete to unlock the Mauer missions are:

10 Home Runs with All Star Series Players
10 Doubles with Hardward Series players
50 Hits with Breakouts Series players
8 Wins with Breakout Series Starting Pitchers
275 Plate Appearances with AL Central players
60 Strikeouts with Left Handed Starting pitchers

Its a pain in the ass. But it is worth it.
Thank you for the tips. Didn't know the steal a fan phase was useless so i guess I'll stop doing those. Rn the my train is goin westward and down along the west coast. It's definitely going to be a grind but these short games give me easy holds and saves so i guess i cant complain.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #886
TFD50

There are some really good Conquest tutorials on YouTube also. cardinalbird5 has some solid stuff
Old 09-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #887
mainerunr

If you want to play on 'Rookie', you need to have 4x+1 the number of fans they have so once they get up to 25, you can no longer play on rookie...not sure what the cutoff for veteran is though.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #888
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
There are some really good Conquest tutorials on YouTube also. cardinalbird5 has some solid stuff
cardinalbirds vid is what I used. Made it extremely easy to finish
Old 09-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #889
TFD50

So I lost a few and was down to 770. Just put a squad of all gold Future Stars players and won 6 straight and am up to 860 haha. Trying to decide my best bet to go towards World Series....keep the Future Stars, go with a gold squad and lower my Mod rating, or go all in with everyone I have
Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #890
TFD50

99 in the ticket counter tomorrow. Looks like itll be a switch hitter. Hopefully Beltran!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #891
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
99 in the ticket counter tomorrow. Looks like itll be a switch hitter. Hopefully Beltran!
Where did you see this?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #892
TFD50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
Where did you see this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBTheShow/...nter_might_be/
Old 09-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #893
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Ahh very good to know. I'm hoping it's Beltran and not like alomar and j rollins like some are speculating
Old 09-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #894
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
I have a hard time seeing them putting Beltran in the ticket store. They can put him out on a Friday in a special 10k pack and sell tons and tons of them
Old 09-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #895
TFD50

Agree on Beltran, just hoping haha. Man I keep getting so close, back Up to 875. 20 more FS hits to go too
Old 09-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #896
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Agree on Beltran, just hoping haha. Man I keep getting so close, back Up to 875. 20 more FS hits to go too
Do you know if that diamond from the reward pack will be actionable? I really want to do that mission but I don't want to spend the time if I'm gonna get a non actionable Jose Ramirez lol
Old 09-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #897
TFD50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
Do you know if that diamond from the reward pack will be actionable? I really want to do that mission but I don't want to spend the time if I'm gonna get a non actionable Jose Ramirez lol
It's not auctionable, I've seen people pullback Trout, Altuve, and others so I'm going to cross my fingers for someone I don't have. What time does the current season end tomorrow? 11:59 PM Pacific?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #898
jason122883

I just don't know if that Beltran makes a lot of sense. I have enough tickets. I just couldn't see him starting in my OF
Old 09-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #899
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
I just don't know if that Beltran makes a lot of sense. I have enough tickets. I just couldn't see him starting in my OF
I can say that beltrans cards always seem overpowered for some reason. That 93 played better for me than any other outfielder I've used this year.

I have 10k tickets so I have some my career grinding to do but I will be picking him up. 15k tickets is insane though...
Old 09-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #900
TFD50

I have 40k. I think I'm buying Beltran and that Herrera. The updates look insane. 90-93 diamonds are about to tank