Blowout Cards Forums
prizim banner

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #976
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFD50 View Post
Decided to test my luck with the Bases Loaded packs...97 Kenley! 6 wins away from the Murray then time to start Ranked Seasons
That's awesome!!

Gonna jump into ranked seasons again probably tomorrow. Have a buy order in for 94 Ryan Howard. Had him in my last BR run and absolutely raked. He is deadly vs righties and not bad vs lefties either

Also bought back Ralph Kiner. His defense is a liability but my hitting stats with him are great (.350, 34 hr 75 rbi)
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #977
g8rzfan

Playing in my first event. Bit the bullet and got ps+

I suck
NEED: 2010/11 SP AUTHENTIC Steve Alford Letter Autos A,O,R
g8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #978
TFD50

Have been taking it slow. Finished the 40 event wins today. Has anyone tried that Seaver from last season much? I’ve read mixed reviews
TFD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #979
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFD50 View Post
Have been taking it slow. Finished the 40 event wins today. Has anyone tried that Seaver from last season much? I’ve read mixed reviews
Used him yesterday for the first time. He was pretty good. Hung a breaker to Correa and he jacked it but that's the only bad pitch
Old 09-29-2017, 02:39 PM   #980
mhuhn23

Did any of ya’ll watch the twitch stream? Future Stars set 2 today. The Berrios looks nasty.

Also another 99 Griffey as a 12-0 BR Flawless reward will be the first Griffey to hit the marketplace. Looks a little lesser than the hardware 99 but pretty close.

Really excited for the postseason event. The PS Spahn coming looks sick as well. Same with the 99 Verlander which as a Tigers fan is a must have for me.

A lot of people bitch about this game but the content has been absurd, stupid, any other adjective that the kids use these days for awesome. As soon as I feel like I’m ready to slow down they suck me right back in. On the bright side it keeps me from digging into my wallet to buy other games.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #981
HOFcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
Did any of ya’ll watch the twitch stream? Future Stars set 2 today. The Berrios looks nasty.

Also another 99 Griffey as a 12-0 BR Flawless reward will be the first Griffey to hit the marketplace. Looks a little lesser than the hardware 99 but pretty close.

Really excited for the postseason event. The PS Spahn coming looks sick as well. Same with the 99 Verlander which as a Tigers fan is a must have for me.

A lot of people bitch about this game but the content has been absurd, stupid, any other adjective that the kids use these days for awesome. As soon as I feel like I’m ready to slow down they suck me right back in. On the bright side it keeps me from digging into my wallet to buy other games.
Yeah I am excited about some of the new cards coming out. They just need to release some PS cards to make the 99 Reggie obtainable.

Also, they need to make some of the big big cards obtainable. It's getting to the point in the year where a lot of people are ditching this game for Madden and 2k. Make those 99 BR cards after 9 games or something like that. Make it so you don't have to have 2 million stubs to get 99 harper, bagwell, griffey, and yount.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #982
mhuhn23

I’ve been in need of some new life into my squad and for once had 2 buy orders filled rather quickly without being undercut. Live series Harper at 308k and Sale at 152k. The Reggie from conquest hasn’t been getting it done in Ranked seasons for me and I’m sick of not having a strong arm in RF defensively.

As for Sale I got rocked using the new PS 99 Hershiser so I rage sold him after his 2nd rough outing in a row and put in the order for Sale. I’m also close to being able to buy the Beltran from ticket counter so my squad is looking alright.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #983
g8rzfan

Anyone still grinding?
Old 12-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #984
Josh611

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rzfan View Post
Anyone still grinding?
Haven’t played in a long time. Been playing madden Ultimate team.

Probably won’t play the show again until the new one comes out.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #985
mainerunr

Been playing CoD...and simming a Franchise. I'm up to 2030 and have won 3 of the last 4 World Series.

I think I have 15-18 of the Top 50 prospects at any given time and almost no players over the age of 30 (except Benintendi who I signed long term until he is 39, at 35 he is down to a 74 and on the bench, I keep hoping he will retire so I can free up the 33 mil he is being paid).

My son got to 2048 before he accidentally deleted the file. He had won 7 or 8 World Series with the Angels (I'm using the Braves).
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:34 AM   #986
g8rzfan

I'm still grinding away. I'm not that great but going for a few programs. Going after the Springer program. Only on the Russell portion and keep getting stumped OK where to put him to get RBI's. The only one I've gotten with him so far had been because he got a solo Homer.

Had enough stats a few other places for program packs and such that I didn't even know existed. Major facepalm on my part.

Only need 7 more minor league stadiums and the Hoffman portion to complete the Harper program. I just don't play online enough to get diamonds or put enough real money into the game to buy good players.

I have next year pre-ordered so ill play smarter next year.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #987
g8rzfan

Anyone else get the alpha invite?

Been playing it in my free time. Tons of diamonds so it's pretty fun to grind away. Probably the only time I'll ever pull Mike Trout ��
Old 12-25-2017, 12:59 AM   #988
jason122883

Quote:
Anyone else get the alpha invite?

Been playing it in my free time. Tons of diamonds so it's pretty fun to grind away. Probably the only time I'll ever pull Mike Trout ��
I got the invite. Never downloaded it
Old 12-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #989
storm

Quote:
Anyone still grinding?
After logging 85 online games of madden, I started up a new rtts.In my 10th season, just signed a 2 year with the Tigers .
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:46 PM   #990
g8rzfan

The Alpha wasn't too bad. You could pretty much get infinite diamonds and stubs but the overall point was to test the servers. I had fun playing it. Obviously I'm geeked out for the release now.

If I remember correctly you get a bonus for being in the alpha.