Blowout Cards Forums
2018 summer sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:49 PM   #901
tolrobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
Some pretty extreme spoilers there dude^^^^^^^^
i was gonna say the same, super whack.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #902
ark8085

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
i was gonna say the same, super whack.
He did you a favor. The movie is an hour + waste of your life.
ark8085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:06 PM   #903
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark8085 View Post
He did you a favor. The movie is an hour + waste of your life.
I’ve seen a lot of bad horror movies, are we talking like paranormal activity boring? (The first one)
Old 12-31-2017, 10:09 PM   #904
TheVolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
I’ve seen a lot of bad horror movies, are we talking like paranormal activity boring? (The first one)
No, this is an hour and fifteen minutes you won't totally hate yourself for wasting.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 PM   #905
ark8085

Quote:
Paranormal activity was 10 times better..
Old 01-01-2018, 05:47 AM   #906
daxwills

Quote:
Paranormal activity was 10 times better..
That’s a scary thought.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #907
Bostonsports1

Train to Busan - Solid zombie type movie. It is Korean so will be subtitles but I thought it was well done.

Babadook - Really good in my opinion. Australian movie that is acted pretty well. Similar to some other horror movies but I thought it did better than many.

Both are on Netflix as well.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #908
calculusdork

Man, Creep was amazing. You guys are whack.
==============================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:06 PM   #909
EMD34

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Man, Creep was amazing. You guys are whack.
Thank you! I'm not alone.

Quote:

I also really liked Paranormal Activity (only the first one).
Old 01-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #910
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
I also really liked Paranormal Activity (only the first one).
I went in expecting Blair witch style slow build up lots of atmosphere innovation. That’s what it was being Said about it, it was supposed to be scary. Instead I got a very slow burn movie that kept putting me to sleep. Seeing it again I do get why the series has fans, but they’re just not my thing.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #911
ark8085

Has Ghost house on Netflix been mentioned? Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good.
The movie is based in Thailand and I never knew that in Thailand alot of people actually believe in ghosts and put a ghost house in their front yard to keep ghosts happy. Def worth a watch.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #912
hreed2

Quote:
Has Ghost house on Netflix been mentioned? Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good.
The movie is based in Thailand and I never knew that in Thailand alot of people actually believe in ghosts and put a ghost house in their front yard to keep ghosts happy. Def worth a watch.
I watched it the other day and it wasn't bad. I'll watch anything with Scout Taylor-Compton in it.

Recently I've watched Don't Knock Twice, Convergence and the Invitation. Invitation was awful IMO, Convergence wasn't bad, a bit different twist on things so worth watching but don't rush out to see it and Don't Knock Twice was just ok but had a great ending.

There's a doc on Netflix called Haunters: Art of the Scare that isn't exactly on topic but was pretty interesting. You get to see some footage of the infamous McKamey Manor and get some insight behind the guy who does it. Basically it's a doc about haunted houses in general and where they came from and how they've evolved into what we have today.
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #913
YanksBillsFan

Before I Wake has finally been released on Netflix. After what Flanagan has done with Hush, Gerald's Game, Ouija: Origin of Evil and Oculus, I'm all in on whatever he provides.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #914
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreed2 View Post
I watched it the other day and it wasn't bad. I'll watch anything with Scout Taylor-Compton in it.
I thought she did a good job in the Halloween films. She’s nice at conventions. Any other horror recommendations she’s done?
Old 01-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #915
hreed2

Quote:
I thought she did a good job in the Halloween films. She’s nice at conventions. Any other horror recommendations she’s done?
I mainly know her from cons and the Halloween movies but her and Danielle Harris I'm big fans of. I could probably name a bunch of Harris movies that are great though lol.

Side note, I didn't realize that there was a new movies for Leatherface, Victor Crowley and Jeepers Creepers that came out recently!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #916
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreed2 View Post
I mainly know her from cons and the Halloween movies but her and Danielle Harris I'm big fans of. I could probably name a bunch of Harris movies that are great though lol.

Side note, I didn't realize that there was a new movies for Leatherface, Victor Crowley and Jeepers Creepers that came out recently!
Leather face bad, victor Crowley was decent, didn’t see keepers creepers. I also like Danielle Harris. Met her at cons too and she’s fun to talk to. I think I’ve seen most of her horror work including her last film which only went to like 20 theatres in the entire country but luckily one was near me so I went. Not a lot of people there but I like supporting the horror community. Even if it’s some trivial way like seeking out a theatrical release of a small Danielle Harris movie.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:41 PM   #917
hreed2

Quote:
Leather face bad, victor Crowley was decent, didn’t see keepers creepers. I also like Danielle Harris. Met her at cons too and she’s fun to talk to. I think I’ve seen most of her horror work including her last film which only went to like 20 theatres in the entire country but luckily one was near me so I went. Not a lot of people there but I like supporting the horror community. Even if it’s some trivial way like seeking out a theatrical release of a small Danielle Harris movie.
Yeah I'll watch almost any horror movie because there's usually at least SOME kind of redeeming quality in them even if they're awful overall. I met Danielle at a con a few years ago and she was extremely nice and yeah I like most of her movies too. Do you remember what the name of that movie was called by any chance? I wonder if I've seen or even heard of it. I'll probably still watch all 3 of those sooner or later (I like the Hatchet franchise) even if I don't expect much. I can't think of any franchise movie that had a straight to DVD sequel worth watching (unless you count Mirrors 2 which I actually really liked) but I watch em anyways, what can you do lol
Old 01-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #918
daxwills

Inoperable, it’s not bad. If you like Danielle Harris you’ll like it. It was low budget (hence being released in so few theatres).

Leatherface is causing them to reboot the franchise, again. If you’re trying to keep a cohesive timeline to the series in your head the film might actually kill you.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #919
hreed2

Quote:
Inoperable, it’s not bad. If you like Danielle Harris you’ll like it. It was low budget (hence being released in so few theatres).

Leatherface is causing them to reboot the franchise, again. If you’re trying to keep a cohesive timeline to the series in your head the film might actually kill you.
Haven't heard of Inoperable but I'll be on the look out for it! Low budget doesn't bother me as long as it's a good story or well done.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #920
Hess687

Just got out of Insidious: The Last Key. I may be biased because Insidious is one of my favorite horror movie franchises of all time, but I thought it fell right in line with the rest of the series. Great movie, and got what I expected out of it when going into it.

I hope they keep churning these out for years to come as I have enjoyed each one, plus it seems like opening week box office numbers will be good as well.
Hess687 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #921
CC71

Quote:

i watched that, or i should say i wasted and hour and a half of my time watching that piece of crap. i thought the fat kid was going to be leatherface. annoying characters. texas chainsaw massacre is probably the only horror franchise that every single sequel or prequel sucked.
CC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:51 AM   #922
Copeskey45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess687 View Post
Just got out of Insidious: The Last Key. I may be biased because Insidious is one of my favorite horror movie franchises of all time, but I thought it fell right in line with the rest of the series. Great movie, and got what I expected out of it when going into it.

I hope they keep churning these out for years to come as I have enjoyed each one, plus it seems like opening week box office numbers will be good as well.
My wife and I saw it last night. I think the story line is the best one so far.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #923
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
i watched that, or i should say i wasted and hour and a half of my time watching that piece of crap. i thought the fat kid was going to be leatherface. annoying characters. texas chainsaw massacre is probably the only horror franchise that every single sequel or prequel sucked.
Eh, part 2 with Dennis Hopper was pretty funny, and I loved the Breakfast Club-inspired poster for that one, too.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #924
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Eh, part 2 with Dennis Hopper was pretty funny, and I loved the Breakfast Club-inspired poster for that one, too.
2 wasn’t bad it just doesn’t fit in at all with the rest of the series tonally. I like 3, it’s getting a deluxe blu Ray release finally, uncut.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #925
EMD34

If you like found footage, Hell House LLC was a nice surprise. (It's available free on Amazon prime)