Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

FOOTBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post Your FOOTBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 05-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
kmunch811

Default My retail misfortune

Hello all, just wanted to share this with you all and see if it has happened to others.

I decided to go to one of the three targets by my house to look for some repacks after seeing what success people have had in other sports and having some luck myself.

I went to a target that has a card section that usually looks like world war 2, but figured since I was not looking for single packs I would be ok.

I get there and spot 5 packs of rookies and stars longevity. I go to the scanner, item not found. I go to guest services and they ring them up as 2013 score ($1.99) each.

When I get to my car and open them, the cards are all facing different directions and out of my 5 packs I got 0 inserts, 0 autos, and even 0 rookies!!!

Clearly someone was able to re-seal the pack ad return it, but how?

I am so angry right now, I think that this might push me away from retail packs forever!!

Thoughts?
kmunch811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
jared6180
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunch811 View Post
I think that this might push me away from retail packs forever!!
That is probably the best decision you could make with just a few exceptions...Contenders blasters and Chrome blasters.
jared6180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Clarka3

it happens.

seriously, that's all I can say.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
kmunch811

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared6180 View Post
That is probably the best decision you could make with just a few exceptions...Contenders blasters and Chrome blasters.
Is there any way for someone to mess with a blaster box (if its still shrink wrapped)
Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
jared6180
Banned

Quote:
Is there any way for someone to mess with a blaster box (if its still shrink wrapped)
It is still possible, but in my experience far less likely. Re-shrink wrapping requires paying, leaving the store, and returning the re-shrink wrapped box. Some will still do this, but it is more effort than many will put into it. I have seen and bought tampered packs, never bought a tampered blaster. Oh, and if the plastic around the blaster is loose, I wouldn't buy it.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
kmunch811

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared6180 View Post
It is still possible, but in my experience far less likely. Re-shrink wrapping requires paying, leaving the store, and returning the re-shrink wrapped box. Some will still do this, but it is more effort than many will put into it. I have seen and bought tampered packs, never bought a tampered blaster. Oh, and if the plastic around the blaster is loose, I wouldn't buy it.
Thanks for the advice.
Just got back into collecting a little under a year ago and this is the first time this has happened to me.

Just want to put myself in the best position to not get beat again
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
jared6180
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.
Just got back into collecting a little under a year ago and this is the first time this has happened to me.

Just want to put myself in the best position to not get beat again
You are going to hear this a thousand times so I might as well be the first. Stick with Hobby boxes! Yes they are more expensive than repacks and retail in general, but your LCS or Blowout have a vested interest in you pulling a big hit from their boxes. They want the exposure and free advertising you provide when you post "Got a Hobby Box of 2012 Strata and hit a Luck Shadow Box Rivet #/5", this kind of post causes not only you to remain more committed to buying from them, but also the fact that you hit one from them causes others to enter an order for a box or two or a case!

Stick with Hobby.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
klloyd007

Longevity isn't sold in singles at Target, they opened the box, took the auto/relic and left the rest. That is why they didn't ring up correct. Just because cards aren't in order doesn't mean they resealed either. You see it all the time in retail packs.
klloyd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
fungi2510

Quote:
Originally Posted by klloyd007 View Post
Longevity isn't sold in singles at Target, they opened the box, took the auto/relic and left the rest. That is why they didn't ring up correct. Just because cards aren't in order doesn't mean they resealed either. You see it all the time in retail packs.
This is your answer here. Gotta know what you are doing when venturing into retail. There are some great things to get from retail, but you have to be very smart and careful.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=dmkeil02
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
klloyd007

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
klloyd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
raw5060

Quote:
Originally Posted by klloyd007 View Post
^

+1

Those weren't meant to be sold individually