Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #3276
sthoemke

Can't buy anything on COMC...
Old 02-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #3277
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Can't buy anything on COMC...
Can't change the price of anything in my inventory, great time to go down yet again.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #3278
ih8ca

This is getting old
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #3279
RandysHobby

what an ass time to go down. so annoying. At least my Eagles won
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:23 PM   #3280
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysHobby View Post
what an ass time to go down. so annoying. At least my Eagles won
Congrats, I think I bought a card off you today.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #3281
sthoemke

COMC is working again
Old 02-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #3282
Deadshot

If you pay for a booklet to be sent in a toploader, what kind of toploader are you going to end up with?
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:10 AM   #3283
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
If you pay for a booklet to be sent in a toploader, what kind of toploader are you going to end up with?
Did they add an option for that? I remember being charged $1 s/h and couldn't add on a toploaders so assumed it would come in one and it didn't have a sleeve let alone a toploader when it arrived.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #3284
Deadshot

I haven't looked yet, I just assumed there was an option. I bought a booklet this week but I'd like for it to arrive in one piece.
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #3285
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
I haven't looked yet, I just assumed there was an option. I bought a booklet this week but I'd like for it to arrive in one piece.
Usually come in those two piece 25 count holders.
3124508 on COMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:12 PM   #3286
37Jetson

How have processing times been going for y'all? My last batch due in late December was 5 weeks early and in time for all of the Thanksgiving related sales.

I have two lots of 500 each due 2/13 and 2/16 with almost all vintage. I was spoiled by the last Lot. I am anxious to get these new lots listed as there are all,of the tough cards for 68-72 set builders plus much more.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:26 PM   #3287
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyosh View Post
I'm no longer getting email alerts for items added to my account or offers. Started 3-4 days ago. Anyone else? Ideas?
Today I got an offer made, an offer cancellation (same offer) and my daily summary sent to my Inbox at the same time...it was only a $3 card (this time) but I would have accepted the offer, had I seen it in time. I wonder what other offers I missed...
Old 02-06-2018, 11:17 PM   #3288
Swipe79

The e-mail has been hit or miss this week. I get notifications right away on a few things, but get others (like processing) 12+ hours later.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #3289
ga5150

I noticed last week that when I would visit the website, I would have multiple offers to respond to, but never received an email. Then, hours later (or even the next day), I would get a burst of emails with all at once indicating that offers were made. Even this morning, all of the emails for yesterdays offers were sitting in my inbox this morning, but I had responded to all offers yesterday afternoon.

It's almost like they were in daily digest mode when sending emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
Today I got an offer made, an offer cancellation (same offer) and my daily summary sent to my Inbox at the same time...it was only a $3 card (this time) but I would have accepted the offer, had I seen it in time. I wonder what other offers I missed...
ga5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #3290
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Strange, I'm not having any issues with emails. Though if I did, it wouldn't be the first time.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #3291
CCSportsCards

Just got hit with 2 (so far) incorrect paperwork charges.

I sent in three batches. They processed it in 5 batches. My numbers are definitely correct but they just split two of the batches in half and somehow that’s my fault... frustrating
CCSportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #3292
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSportsCards View Post

I sent in three batches. They processed it in 5 batches. My numbers are definitely correct but they just split two of the batches in half and somehow that’s my fault... frustrating
We should get credit when they make an error on a listing of ours. Right?
Old 02-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #3293
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
We should get credit when they make an error on a listing of ours. Right?
Nah, you just have to waste your time to get it fixed.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #3294
37Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSportsCards View Post

I pivot tabled my COMC Charges and was happy to find that I have never been charged the paperwork fee.

I did find some interesting trivia on what I have spent in almost 10 years on COMC:
  • Listing Fees $4,790
  • Shipment Costs (Postage) $3,809
  • Storage Fees $1,344
  • Promotions $230
  • Classified Ads $115
  • 2 Ports Purchased $453
Old 02-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #3295
dcaudle68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I pivot tabled my COMC Charges and was happy to find that I have never been charged the paperwork fee.

I did find some interesting trivia on what I have spent in almost 10 years on COMC:
  • Listing Fees $4,790
  • Storage Fees $1,344
  • Promotions $230
  • Classified Ads $115
  • 2 Ports Purchased $453
Those are numbers most of us don't want to know
dcaudle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #3296
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post

• Listing Fees $4,790
  • Storage Fees $1,344
  • Promotions $230
  • Classified Ads $115
  • 2 Ports Purchased $453

I don’t even want to think about my numbers.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #3297
13goyankees13

I submitted a card with my last batch that came straight from topps with the sticker still covering the top of the toploader. COMC decided to open it up and I assume charge me a toploader removal fee. Is this what they usually do? I saw they had a fee for "Cards processed in One-touch cases, semi-rigid card savers, or toploaders due to thickness or value" and assumed they would do it here considering there was a $15 difference between the uncirculated and raw prices.

Is there something I'm missing? Was I supposed to indicate I wanted it left as is? I was assuming they'd figure it out considering it was the only card in a toploader in the entire submission.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM   #3298
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
I submitted a card with my last batch that came straight from topps with the sticker still covering the top of the toploader. COMC decided to open it up and I assume charge me a toploader removal fee. Is this what they usually do? I saw they had a fee for "Cards processed in One-touch cases, semi-rigid card savers, or toploaders due to thickness or value" and assumed they would do it here considering there was a $15 difference between the uncirculated and raw prices.

Is there something I'm missing? Was I supposed to indicate I wanted it left as is? I was assuming they'd figure it out considering it was the only card in a toploader in the entire submission.
They list some as encased, which I also disagree with. I think its safe to assume that they have no actual policy with these cards, and each employee does as they wish.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #3299
base set

So I am preparing a new shipment to COMC and am wondering if any of you have come up with any kind of break point for sending in a toploader / not-sending in a toploader.

On my first shipment I sent only certain cards in a toploader - cards with a few diff. color borders.

But on the bulk of the cards, I did not, and I was hit with a 20% rejection rate. I know what cards not to send, and how to send and package. I have read plenty here on how a lot of those cards will be accepted if I send them back in, yadda,yadda,yadda. It almost feels like grading to me - diff. employees at COMC will accept diff. cards, and diff. employees there, and/or their secret scanning machinery, quite likely create this problem, in my opinion. It is not a big deal on cards basically worth 75¢ - miscellaneous inserts and parallels. I never send in cards with more than a few copies, know players that will sell / not-sell, etc.

Is the 5¢ charge / card worth it in terms of probably having a 100% acceptance rate?

I want to get rid of cards, not send them in, have them sent back, send them in again, etc., etc.
base set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #3300
base set

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3124508 on COMC View Post
They list some as encased, which I also disagree with. I think its safe to assume that they have no actual policy with these cards, and each employee does as they wish.
I see a lot of these listed as "Uncirculated" lately when the Topps seal has not been broken. Seems like a good idea and a good way to put an easy consistent label on such cards. Letting diff. employees do diff. things doesn't sound like a very good way to run a railroad.
base set is offline   Reply With Quote