Blowout Cards Forums
Ben Simmons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > COINS & CURRENCY BUY/SELL/TRADE

Notices

COINS & CURRENCY BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your COINS, CURRENCY, & PRECIOUS METALS Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
stoutscards

Default Question about Buying Bitcoin

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I am giving it a chance. I am needing to purchase Bitcoin to pay for some things, but curious the best way to try and buy them. I have created a wallet and read about Coinbase, but would rather buy them using PayPal or something like that. Can someone point me in the right direction?
stoutscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
smanzari

You can't buy with Paypal from any site. You have to use a Bank Account (takes 5-14 days, depending) or Credit Card (fees suck). However, Coinbase does allow you to withdrawal via Paypal (which is why you see it on the site).

smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
pgisback

You can use paypal to purchase Bitcoin from Virwox. The fees are brutal, but it can be done. Limits are $400 a day though after couple initial deposits. And there's no need to send in drivers licence photos or other stuff that most wallets demand. Getting money in was the biggest pain. But for coinbase or virwox once you get established it becomes super easy.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
stoutscards

Thanks guys. I went with Coinbase. I was able to call my credit union and have them to lift the block for a day so I was able to buy some. I made my payment and it seemed to be pretty easy. Do you all use it much? I am not looking to get it for investment all that much, but does it fluctuate much? Like daily, like the stock market?
stoutscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
dherm360

there is a home in Wisconsin that you can only buy with bitcoin....that's odd to me
dherm360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
smanzari

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutscards View Post
Thanks guys. I went with Coinbase. I was able to call my credit union and have them to lift the block for a day so I was able to buy some. I made my payment and it seemed to be pretty easy. Do you all use it much? I am not looking to get it for investment all that much, but does it fluctuate much? Like daily, like the stock market?
Yes, I regularly trade BTC (and Alt Coins)- I usually do most of my buys from Gemini and use GDAX to trade BTC (EtherDelta for most other Alts; Poloniex for the others)

It fluctuates non-stop, but has recently garnered Wall Street Attention with the implementation of futures, so there are some assumptions that the "new highs could be the new lows" given its current atmosphere. I am one who sees Cryptocurrencies as a new asset class that is here to stay, but many others say the opposite.

smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutscards View Post
I wish I didn't take out so much couple months ago, thing has been exploding. But it's definitely volatile. As long as it just coasts with no issues I'm more than comfortable leaving money in. But long term scares the crap out of me. You get the Mt. Gox type hacks then the biggest concern is the government. They pretty much have left it alone at this point. But if they start going after to cryptocurrencies it could be a big problem for investors. They seem to be willing to let it go as a payment system, similar to paypal. But I doubt you'll see them allowing much growth in e-commerce when it comes to bitcoin.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
DaaaaBears

I'd say at this point there will definitely be more hacks/attacks on exchanges, it's almost inevitable - the funny thing is most people who own Bitcoin, don't even use it lol it's price is based on speculation and it seems like anytime a decent load is put on the system, it fails in letting you buy and sell - scary!

Lol it's prolly still less of a risk than buying cases of some of these expensive products

Last edited by DaaaaBears; 12-03-2017 at 05:01 PM.
DaaaaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:12 AM   #9
joshmets31

I'm sure your a happy fellow if your bitcoin purchase went through
joshmets31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
izucantc

Can we accept bitcoin as a form of payment on Blowout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
izucantc is offline   Reply With Quote