2018 bk pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Topps Now

Notices

Topps Now Post your Topps Now Hobby Talk

Old 06-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #4551
ketchupman36

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
I can see how it happens, especially if you have all the cards from 16 and 17, so sounds like just a mistake. Not replying thatís bad or correcting itÖthatís real bad. There are a few flippers from the early days that changed their names to ToppsNow, so that is the correct spelling no underscore or dashes? Fairly sure most of those sellers do post or at least follow here, so Iíd think you should get corrective action.
Yeah I can understand that it can be an easy mistake to made. However, at least acknowledge the mistake. The eBay name has no underscores, dashes or any punctuation. Just straight "toppsnow". I made sure to double check since I know there are multiple variations on that username who sell Topps Now cards
Old 06-24-2018, 07:47 PM   #4552
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Is the Barreto a new low at 137?

Vinny
Yes that is the current in set SP
http://toppsnowtoday.com/
joejoemay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #4553
joejoemay

Quote:
At $37.75 not a bad buy right now. sportsgy39 has 5 up.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #4554
HadWayTooMuch

Quote:
My poor 12 Iannettas...
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #4555
Rhys Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
My poor 12 Iannettas...
Yeah, last months flavor.
Rhys Phillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #4556
HadWayTooMuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Phillies View Post
Yeah, last months flavor.
It's funny, not a single Iannetta sold when the price got jacked up. Not even a Best Offer at $30 or something like that.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #4557
gguffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
It's funny, not a single Iannetta sold when the price got jacked up. Not even a Best Offer at $30 or something like that.
Thanks, that's interesting. I'm still trying to figure out who will want these short prints long term that didn't buy them when they were offered from Topps. I hope there is some market for them.
gguffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #4558
mlbfan10

The 2.that sold was mistake by me. I thought he wants 15 per, was 30 per and cancelled. Definitely apologized for it.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #4559
HadWayTooMuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguffey View Post
Thanks, that's interesting. I'm still trying to figure out who will want these short prints long term that didn't buy them when they were offered from Topps. I hope there is some market for them.
Some people are short-print collectors. I actually prefer the SPs than the overprinted stars.

Long term value? Who knows. But I prefer an Iannetta with a 140 PR to a Trout with a 1000 PR. Time will tell...
Old 06-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #4560
TASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbfan10 View Post
The 2.that sold was mistake by me. I thought he wants 15 per, was 30 per and cancelled. Definitely apologized for it.
I was amazed that someone had spent $30.00 on those, this explains it seller should be happy to get $15.00, LOL
Old 06-25-2018, 12:53 PM   #4561
joejoemay

When it comes to SP's it's seem to be a waiting game to get the right buyer and be the last man standing with the card available for sale. The best ones are not the SP's but the stars who print low...also some of those high PRs are great as well, when folks run out of them. I've got some 2K PR cards that sell in the $20 range.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #4562
mlbfan10

Quote:
When it comes to SP's it's seem to be a waiting game to get the right buyer and be the last man standing with the card available for sale. The best ones are not the SP's but the stars who print low...also some of those high PRs are great as well, when folks run out of them. I've got some 2K PR cards that sell in the $20 range.
This 100% the seller argued the value will go up while I agree it's over time but more the right buyer. Some 17 sps are dirt cheap.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #4563
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I was amazed that someone had spent $30.00 on those, this explains it seller should be happy to get $15.00, LOL
I think your wrong here...$15 is still cheap for that card. It's still too new so flippers / speculators willing to sell for a quick profit still have them available. Once those are gone I think $30 will be seem cheap. Especially if the D'Backs go to the WS.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #4564
TASS

Quote:
I think your wrong here...$15 is still cheap for that card. It's still too new so flippers / speculators willing to sell for a quick profit still have them available. Once those are gone I think $30 will be seem cheap. Especially if the D'Backs go to the WS.
I don't see anyone paying $30.00 now and in a month the only folks looking for this card will be set builders who did not previously buy it, and they won't pay that.

Even if the D'backs or A's (I was referring to the Barreto card) were to go to the WS why would anyone be looking for this card?

Last edited by TASS; 06-25-2018 at 02:32 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #4565
TASS

Nice photo used for todays Sale card.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #4566
tribefan26

Joe joe -

I see for 6/22 they printed 5 cards and all had PRs below 200. Has that ever happened on a 5 card day?
tribefan26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #4567
alwaysworking

not as qualified as joe to answer.

OTH, the answer is no. although I noticed weekends with no pattern, so not everyweekend, seems lower amounts of cards print when they're not stars. LP runs happen more often.

I missed getting any of the

Manny Machado - 06/22/2018 TOPPS NOW® Card 357 - Print Run: 173
Franklin Barreto - 06/22/2018 TOPPS NOW® Card 354 - Print Run: 137

I'd like to trade a low print of the same players from 2017 TN for example.
alwaysworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #4568
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan26 View Post
Joe joe -

I see for 6/22 they printed 5 cards and all had PRs below 200. Has that ever happened on a 5 card day?
alwaysworking is correct...no that was a banner day for SP's, we saw a weekend day in 2017 with 3 very low ones but that is as close as we have gotten.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #4569
RaysUp

Buying the Bauers card but Longria?
RaysUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #4570
HadWayTooMuch

So there were 170 Machados and 53 of them were sold by the 5 or 6 pre-sellers. So barely over 100 were sold to the general public. The question is, does anyone care?

This is one of the top players in the game. Will people come from outside Topps Now and get involved?
Old 06-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #4571
Ferg1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguffey View Post
I'm still trying to figure out who will want these short prints long term that didn't buy them when they were offered from Topps. I hope there is some market for them.
Long term there isn't a true market for these. You might get lucky and find a random buyer you can sell one to. As more time passes these super SPd cards get forgotten about.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #4572
robert67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
Long term there isn't a true market for these. You might get lucky and find a random buyer you can sell one to. As more time passes these super SPd cards get forgotten about.
I think this can be said for the majority of modern cards with no autographs.

I see Topps Now is a break even type product with a few opportunities to flip an SP for some extra bucks for the time being. It may not be this way forever, but who knows.

I do think the long term market may surprise us all as more collectors discover the product and are fed up with regular issues from Topps. This is the reason I started collecting TN this year.

I just know how much I enjoy the cards and the photos.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:52 PM   #4573
joejoemay

Just going to let the doom and gloom Now bashers have at it on these boards...kind of sick of it actually. Some have been taking down the product since day one, others since the relics came out (because they didn't get the Hosmer) still more because they didn't get the Bryzzo and mostly because they really have nothing good to say about anything they themselves can't make a buck on...so there you go have at it. I'm done debating with haters on here.

I mean seriously I HATE 81 Topps, couldn't stand it in 81 and can't stand it now...I mean 80 was beautiful but 81 sucks. Do I go to the F'n 1981 Message board and bash 81 Topps for no other reason that I don't like it? No I don't give it a GD second thought (Unless of course I am looking for an analogy) but I certainly don't go to a message board where people like to talk about their hobby and do nothing but bash a product you don't like or even buy.

Last edited by joejoemay; 06-25-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #4574
mlbfan10

PR's are up!
Old 06-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #4575
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbfan10 View Post
PR's are up!

The A's card was lower then I thought...but you know, it's worthless anyway.