I am guessing $149 for /99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíd think the /99 would be <$100

smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #4602
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
I 100% Agree and to top it off, given the unique distribution (you have to buy individual cards on a certain day), the open market really never gets a chance to provide the real value of the cards. For example, with pack-pulled cards there is usually always someone willing to auction and set a true market price- not the case with these due to their higher price and nonrandom aspect. Additionally, there is a large amount of collusion between the large sellers (you can tell who by just looking at auctions) which more or less sets the market. For example, look for Gary Sanchez's first card 2016 #341 - it rarely gets more than $20 when auctioned, yet the lowest being offered at BIN is ~$87 (and is from a seller who is assumed to be part of the colluders)

Despite this, I do love Topps Now and have a Yankees Master Set that I am still putting together. HOWEVER, I realize that the aftermarket value of these is low (if I want to sell within 90 days) and consider all my purchases for this set as the "cost of collecting." Also, if I miss a card and can't get for less than $10, I don't, I have a feeling in a few years that I will be able to get from a loose box at a show.

Also, I am not saying that all cards don't have legitimate vale, just saying it isn't necessarily a "free market."
No one is colluding with me...buggers under cut me all day long. The guys who auction the cards donít get the full value because the cards are not in demand every day of the week. Some popular cards do well at auction but most donít...the Sanchez you mentioned is a prime example. Judgeís cards from 16 do well, but mostly auctions just create great deals for buyers. Itís due to the
nature of of cards. Most people get them when sold from Topps if they want them (especially the under bought cards, we have been discussing)Öso there are no real buyers of those except the post PR speculators. Unlike pack pulled SP photo variations and such that are very hard to find.
I have a more optimistic take on Now cards and especially the Less the 200 Printed cards then you and think they will be actively sought out (as many are today) and while you might find a few in a common box itís not going to be eTopps as you seem to be predicting. These cards are in hand, in collections and only pop up when someone is willing to sell them once they have gone MIA. I did take a little offense to the collusion zinger...the prices (BIN), seem to work them selves down to the bottom on most cards. Itís when there are few sellers one or two that the sellers seem to migrate to the same price. Price collusion is against the law...I do not Colluded with other sellers to set the market.
http://toppsnowtoday.com/
joejoemay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #4603
joejoemay

Basically you accuse sellers of collusion when all I do is look up a card number sort to see the lowest and then put mine lower if I am willing to sell at that price...collusion would be me calling Jake and the others and saying let’s all raise our prices on card x...this doesn’t happen mostly because someone will always want to be the lowest and get the most sales but I suppose it could happen to a single card with two sellers. I rarely sell any cards at auction, unless I am just trying to dump them, even pack pulled cards. You mostly just lose money that way.
You kind of sound like the guy who wanted my Diamondbacks low print run cards for $10 each...if so I wish you luck finding them and the best thing I would suggest is just watch the auctions, almost every week someone thinks they will get great money at auction for a Now low Printed scrub card. You could get lucky.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #4604
espyonage

What a deal on the /99!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #4605
mlbexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by espyonage View Post
What a deal on the /99!!

Had a $40 off coupon, so got the /99 for $60. Feel pretty good about that for a Now rookie auto.
mlbexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #4606
ToppsNowFan

Quote:
What a deal on the /99!!

Agree. Bought a few.
ToppsNowFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #4607
smanzari

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
No one is colluding with me...buggers under cut me all day long. The guys who auction the cards donít get the full value because the cards are not in demand every day of the week. Some popular cards do well at auction but most donít...the Sanchez you mentioned is a prime example. Judgeís cards from 16 do well, but mostly auctions just create great deals for buyers. Itís due to the
nature of of cards. Most people get them when sold from Topps if they want them (especially the under bought cards, we have been discussing)Öso there are no real buyers of those except the post PR speculators. Unlike pack pulled SP photo variations and such that are very hard to find.
I have a more optimistic take on Now cards and especially the Less the 200 Printed cards then you and think they will be actively sought out (as many are today) and while you might find a few in a common box itís not going to be eTopps as you seem to be predicting. These cards are in hand, in collections and only pop up when someone is willing to sell them once they have gone MIA. I did take a little offense to the collusion zinger...the prices (BIN), seem to work them selves down to the bottom on most cards. Itís when there are few sellers one or two that the sellers seem to migrate to the same price. Price collusion is against the law...I do not Colluded with other sellers to set the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
Basically you accuse sellers of collusion when all I do is look up a card number sort to see the lowest and then put mine lower if I am willing to sell at that price...collusion would be me calling Jake and the others and saying letís all raise our prices on card x...this doesnít happen mostly because someone will always want to be the lowest and get the most sales but I suppose it could happen to a single card with two sellers. I rarely sell any cards at auction, unless I am just trying to dump them, even pack pulled cards. You mostly just lose money that way.
You kind of sound like the guy who wanted my Diamondbacks low print run cards for $10 each...if so I wish you luck finding them and the best thing I would suggest is just watch the auctions, almost every week someone thinks they will get great money at auction for a Now low Printed scrub card. You could get lucky.
I am not accusing you specifically- the only market for these is pretty much eBay so it can be hard to avoid listing at similar prices as a competent seller. Its just not an item that does not have a large distribution channel so can be hard to price (and to collect as a "regular" collector.

Like I said, I still love the product and my previous post was not intended to have any jabs (I could have used a better word than "collusion" though)

smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #4608
mlbfan10

Got my /99, what an awesome card and as a braves fan could not be happier
Old 06-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #4609
RaceDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbexpert View Post
Had a $40 off coupon, so got the /99 for $60. Feel pretty good about that for a Now rookie auto.
Mine won't work for some reason
RaceDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #4610
TASS

Quote:
What a deal on the /99!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsNowFan View Post
Agree. Bought a few.
Great price and photo's used for the card, I love the dual sided auto's and have to agree Topps got this one right all around!

Grabbed a #99

Last edited by TASS; 06-26-2018 at 03:11 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #4611
Ephland

/99 already gone. Damn.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #4612
RaceDog

Now it's too late
Thanks Topps!
RaceDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #4613
TwinsJake

I do admit to back channeling with the Chinese though. I did that.
TwinsJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #4614
Ferg1945

Is this the new thing.. walk off autographs? Or is this just because he is a Rookie?

The game was tied 4-4 thru 7.. I could understand if they were down 4-3 in the 11th and he hit a 2-run HR to win... but just a HR after 3 innings of tied baseball..in June...
Ferg1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #4615
mlbfan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
Is this the new thing.. walk off autographs? Or is this just because he is a Rookie?

The game was tied 4-4 thru 7.. I could understand if they were down 4-3 in the 11th and he hit a 2-run HR to win... but just a HR after 3 innings of tied baseball..in June...
What do you expect? What do you want? I don't see anything wrong with the all star ballot leading 2nd baseman getting an auto and being a Rookie and hitting a walk off. Great moment for Topps Now

Not an attack just curious
Old 06-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #4616
Ephland

Quote:

Why do you hate fun?
Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #4617
Platman

Decided I'm not super excited about OA personally, but the card is cool so I did a /49 and a /99 to save $ for the ASG.

I did do the topcashback clickthru (was suggested in the forum recently) before ordering them today to test if it works on a big purchase. I will say I ordered the daily TN cards yesterday and the site already shows a credit of $1, so it seems like it works.

Not sure of the catch yet, but 3% cash back works for me!

Last edited by Platman; 06-26-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Platman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #4618
Ferg1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbfan10 View Post
What do you expect? What do you want? I don't see anything wrong with the all star ballot leading 2nd baseman getting an auto and being a Rookie and hitting a walk off. Great moment for Topps Now

Not an attack just curious
It's just a random game in June...he hit a HR in a tied game.. doesn't scream autograph to me. Is it just because he is a Rookie?
Ferg1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #4619
mlbfan10

Quote:
It's just a random game in June...he hit a HR in a tied game.. doesn't scream autograph to me. Is it just because he is a Rookie?
It could be imo that he is exceeding RC expectations and Topps took advantage of it being his first walk off and being a RC probably pushed that decision more. Either way I'm happy with the card but I also see where you are coming from.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #4620
alwaysworking

print totals up.
alwaysworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #4621
SoftMuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsJake View Post
How about a Randal Grichuk card tomorrow? Hit a HR and robbed a HR.
Pretty surprised no card for him today.
SoftMuscle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #4622
Monty

So, team set collectors, is this a card you would feel that you need to add to your team's collection or not? I'm asking for a friend who may need a little help in his print run prediction for this card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	366 Edwin Jackson - 2018 TOPPS NOW 6.25.18 back.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	421585  
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #4623
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
I am not accusing you specifically- the only market for these is pretty much eBay so it can be hard to avoid listing at similar prices as a competent seller. Its just not an item that does not have a large distribution channel so can be hard to price (and to collect as a "regular" collector.

Like I said, I still love the product and my previous post was not intended to have any jabs (I could have used a better word than "collusion" though)
No worries, you make a great point though because you really canít get them anywhere so when I see a hole (card has went MIA on eBay), I am notorious for listing it at an outrageous price (since I do own them all), and the others who follow me who have the card for sale list it high as well. Not as high but still high enough to make collecting them difficult and expensive. Itís unintentional and not nefarious but basically the same thing...
Old 06-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #4624
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
Why do you hate fun?
Okay now this made me laugh...a lot...thank you so very much!
Old 06-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #4625
joejoemay

Quote:
Yup, just wanted an autograph of this moment for a hot star...Why not? I am not a Braves fan so I took a pass on this card (yup I did) I have his /10 from RTOD and I am happy having just one. It is a fun auto, fun for fans and money for Topps...with PRs declining maybe we see more autographs. Speaking of that, that Sale card is looking much better today then yesterday!