Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > The National Sports Collectors Convention

Notices

The National Sports Collectors Convention This is a seasonal forum that will run from about April through August each year.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:35 PM   #1
johnmenard1
Banned

Default What Item Should I Get Signed?

I wanted to get somebtimg more uncommon signed and as of now I have this picked out for either Julius Erving or Oscar Robertson

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272450205641

It is a NBA championship trophy replica and I wanted the same for Deion Sanders but obviously a Super Bowl trophy but couldn't find one for a decent price that would get here in time.

I was wondering if you know of anything like these type of things that would be better or cheaper to do that is still different than a ball or jersey

Also if anyone knows a way to get a cheaper replica championship trophy please let me know and it would be greatly appreciated.

~Thank you for the help
Old 07-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
DFWGrapher

Sweet Jesus that's a great idea. Definitely out of my price range, but I hope you're able to find one. If I had the money to put into it and a good way to display it, I'd love to get every Pittsburgh Penguins award winner on a mini version of their trophy.

I tend to stick primarily to photos for signings like these-- I have an 11x14 ready to go for every VIP signer, and have a couple cards I need to do for sets as well (88 Santiago DK, Charles White on a Heisman custom index card and a dual card of him and Billy Sims from 2018 Elite Draft Picks, 82 DK Barker, Petrocelli and Helms on 1972 Topps, Randy Jones on a Topps All-Time Fan Favorites; the friend that's traveling with me is doing the Fleer Metal baseball sets)-- hence why I need a bunch of extra tickets on guys.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
johnmenard1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWGrapher View Post
Sweet Jesus that's a great idea. Definitely out of my price range, but I hope you're able to find one. If I had the money to put into it and a good way to display it, I'd love to get every Pittsburgh Penguins award winner on a mini version of their trophy.

I tend to stick primarily to photos for signings like these-- I have an 11x14 ready to go for every VIP signer, and have a couple cards I need to do for sets as well (88 Santiago DK, Charles White on a Heisman custom index card and a dual card of him and Billy Sims from 2018 Elite Draft Picks, 82 DK Barker, Petrocelli and Helms on 1972 Topps, Randy Jones on a Topps All-Time Fan Favorites; the friend that's traveling with me is doing the Fleer Metal baseball sets)-- hence why I need a bunch of extra tickets on guys.

Thank you, I am trying to sell cards on here to pay for it before the national so I don't have to dip into my national funds. I've always wanted to get pictures of the VIP guys signed but I usually don't and I like the idea you're doing with the cards.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #4
johnmenard1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWGrapher View Post

I am most likely going to get the second biggest one because that's the biggest one they have available and other places it cost $300+