AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Notices

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Post your MMA Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
Mr Paparazzi

Default Topps Redemptions process

Hi everyone,

Pulled the biggest card out of the 2013 Topps UFC Bloodlines box run in a 2012 Champions Octograph Book Set 1/1 and have waited four years and still nothing. Picture of the card in promo sheets etc yet been getting the run around from Topps, have now finally had Topps come back and say based on ebay sales which there is none they will replace the card for $500 replacement value.

Anyone else had any bad dealings with them? Have asked for multiple 1/1 or 1/1's of those fighters as replacement but say they give whatever they can get.
Really pissed off and makes me want to stay away from Topps completely now

Thanks
Mr Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
socal805
Banned

I'm a football person, and therefore this side of the Hobby has been having issues w/high end replacements due to Topps losing the NFL rights to Panini. Luckily for you, Topps still has the rights to UFC and therefore should be able to get something of equal value. Good Luck!
socal805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
Mr Paparazzi

Thanks Socal long time no speak mate hope you been well!

Yeah the thing that surprises me is I've been waiting 4 years for this card and now they are trying to say the replacement value is $500 as per completed sales on ebay based on similar card. I can't find an even close similar card on ebay. Especially seeing this was the best card and on the promo sheet for this series. Crazy hey?

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...-trading-cards

The card I redeemed was the Octograph 1/1 book card with all 8 champions on it
Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
Crashingwaves

Topps is brutal for redemption replacements.... That card is not just a case hit... it is the release hit. One of the best cards in that release.

$500 is at the ultra low end... and I doubt they would have any applicable replacements. Likely send you 20 x $5.00 autos.

Just keep nagging them and ask to speak to a higher up. Blast them on social media too... facebook, twitter etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Paparazzi View Post
Thanks Socal long time no speak mate hope you been well!

Yeah the thing that surprises me is I've been waiting 4 years for this card and now they are trying to say the replacement value is $500 as per completed sales on ebay based on similar card. I can't find an even close similar card on ebay. Especially seeing this was the best card and on the promo sheet for this series. Crazy hey?

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...-trading-cards

The card I redeemed was the Octograph 1/1 book card with all 8 champions on it
Crashingwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
Mr Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashingwaves View Post
Topps is brutal for redemption replacements.... That card is not just a case hit... it is the release hit. One of the best cards in that release.

$500 is at the ultra low end... and I doubt they would have any applicable replacements. Likely send you 20 x $5.00 autos.

Just keep nagging them and ask to speak to a higher up. Blast them on social media too... facebook, twitter etc.

Thanks mate,

I already have stated that I felt it was low for what the card is and would be happy with the 8 fighters 1/1 autos then. But yeah agree they unlikely have a nice replacement so far dealing with a guy whos been decent to chat to.

Havent asked to speak with higher up yet he reckons he has spoken with management already though for me. I have blasted them once on IG and thir facebook live at Nationals got ignored both times.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #6
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

Quote:
Thanks mate,

I already have stated that I felt it was low for what the card is and would be happy with the 8 fighters 1/1 autos then. But yeah agree they unlikely have a nice replacement so far dealing with a guy whos been decent to chat to.

Havent asked to speak with higher up yet he reckons he has spoken with management already though for me. I have blasted them once on IG and thir facebook live at Nationals got ignored both times.
Have them send you some Kris Bryants that were backdoored. Or something like the Steve Young / Jerry Rice Definitive Dual patch autos that were never packed out. They have a flood of awesome stuff. THEY ARE TOPPS.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #7
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

I would be pretty clear in telling them you don't want to talk about "value". If they start ascribing $500 "value" to cards that have no set value... Then you also want a card that has no set value. Like an extremely rare 1/1, and you can call it ~$500 too.

So, say you don't want to talk about $500.00 value. You just want a fair replacement. Offer awesome cards, that would be as awesome as the card that they owe you. That's the simplicity of it all. I know you kinda did that already in saying you want all of the fighters 1/1s which to me is fair and makes sense. But if you come down from that demand and are okay with something else then this could work.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:59 AM   #8
Mr Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
I would be pretty clear in telling them you don't want to talk about "value". If they start ascribing $500 "value" to cards that have no set value... Then you also want a card that has no set value. Like an extremely rare 1/1, and you can call it ~$500 too.

So, say you don't want to talk about $500.00 value. You just want a fair replacement. Offer awesome cards, that would be as awesome as the card that they owe you. That's the simplicity of it all. I know you kinda did that already in saying you want all of the fighters 1/1s which to me is fair and makes sense. But if you come down from that demand and are okay with something else then this could work.
Thanks mate much appreciated, still waiting to get an email back to see what they have in stock and can offer? Yeah I think that is fair and like you said how can you put a value let alone a $500 value on an 8 champion UFC 1/1 booklet card, cant even find the next years release one which is a nanograph one to see that sold value.

Of course even after requesting someone from management no one has come forward to contact me, I doubt after this I one will buy a UFC product and might even steer clear of Topps, also considering contacting UFC to explain the situation to them too.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:14 PM   #9
Mr Paparazzi

Wait tot you hear what I got offered for the 2013 UFC Knockout 8 Fighter Octograph Booklet Auto 1/1 card.

Which they have given it a $500 value yet its the best card in that product run.

The cards they offered dont even have a $500 value on ebay sales

2017 UFC Chrome Miesha Tate Auto $10-15
2017 UFC Chrome Ronda Rousey Auto /20 last sold for $174.09
2017 UFC Chrome Conor McGregror Auto $110-140
2017 UFC Knokout Tier One Anderson Silva/Chuck Liddell dual auto/10 nothing on ebay or sold but similar sold for $100-125.

What a joke hey? 8 fighter 1/1 auto booklet for that above haha

Have asked to speak with National Customer Services Manager. Will also be contacting UFC themselves and telling them what is going on for collectors behind the scenes.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #10
jstasyk1121

Quote:
Wait tot you hear what I got offered for the 2013 UFC Knockout 8 Fighter Octograph Booklet Auto 1/1 card.

Which they have given it a $500 value yet its the best card in that product run.

The cards they offered dont even have a $500 value on ebay sales

2017 UFC Chrome Miesha Tate Auto $10-15
2017 UFC Chrome Ronda Rousey Auto /20 last sold for $174.09
2017 UFC Chrome Conor McGregror Auto $110-140
2017 UFC Knokout Tier One Anderson Silva/Chuck Liddell dual auto/10 nothing on ebay or sold but similar sold for $100-125.

What a joke hey? 8 fighter 1/1 auto booklet for that above haha

Have asked to speak with National Customer Services Manager. Will also be contacting UFC themselves and telling them what is going on for collectors behind the scenes.
i dont know if anything similar has sold but to be honest...the $500 was probably a generous price i bet...it has a couple good names on it in Jones/Anderson/GSP but also had many guys that dont sell for a good number...and its just a moment in time thing...like Ben Henderson was solid...but he sells for nothing...Aldo has dropped...even Jones/Silva/GSP just arent that special nowadays that they have like 50,000 autos over the years

i know you wanted something amazing-deservedly so!! not denying that...i just think if you actually got the card at this point...that you would be disappointed...(unless you were going to just keep for PC..that is diff issue...but if it was always the plan to resell i think you prob did ok with what they offered)

Ronda is a solid card...she just won in WWE so prob gained a bit from that too...oddly enough

Conor about to be back and likely would go up in value around fight time...or if he won i bet would spike up

Meisha is prob the one i would be most upset about because yea...that is base auto # 5,000 for her...it is nothing special...i would maybe try to get something else for that...

the dual spider/liddell is probably a solid hit...and i mean Chuck is gonna fight Tito again...if he was to KO him or even leading up to that fight i bet you would see a little increase due to everyone being excited to see him again...even though he is old and gonna be super slow...he is still popular

i mean based on the numbers you put up its about 400-450 value

the meisha is garbage...the other 3 are solid cards...not what you are owed which was super rare 1/1 card...but I personally believe that the $500 was either a solid number or even over-value...just based on MMA sales not really what they used to be back when you pulled that card
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #11
hche

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
i dont know if anything similar has sold but to be honest...the $500 was probably a generous price i bet...it has a couple good names on it in Jones/Anderson/GSP but also had many guys that dont sell for a good number...and its just a moment in time thing...like Ben Henderson was solid...but he sells for nothing...Aldo has dropped...even Jones/Silva/GSP just arent that special nowadays that they have like 50,000 autos over the years

i know you wanted something amazing-deservedly so!! not denying that...i just think if you actually got the card at this point...that you would be disappointed...(unless you were going to just keep for PC..that is diff issue...but if it was always the plan to resell i think you prob did ok with what they offered)

Ronda is a solid card...she just won in WWE so prob gained a bit from that too...oddly enough

Conor about to be back and likely would go up in value around fight time...or if he won i bet would spike up

Meisha is prob the one i would be most upset about because yea...that is base auto # 5,000 for her...it is nothing special...i would maybe try to get something else for that...

the dual spider/liddell is probably a solid hit...and i mean Chuck is gonna fight Tito again...if he was to KO him or even leading up to that fight i bet you would see a little increase due to everyone being excited to see him again...even though he is old and gonna be super slow...he is still popular

i mean based on the numbers you put up its about 400-450 value

the meisha is garbage...the other 3 are solid cards...not what you are owed which was super rare 1/1 card...but I personally believe that the $500 was either a solid number or even over-value...just based on MMA sales not really what they used to be back when you pulled that card
This is the thing I have with redemption replacement. The card's worth when it was pulled vs its worth when getting replaced. I mean, for example, when you pulled a Trent Richardson auto redemption in 2012, it was probably a $100+ card but now it is probably $5. So if I have an outstanding one and I need to get it replace now, I will get a $5 auto. No one will tell me to show them the value back in 2012. The card company did not make the $100 card when they should and are replacing them with $5 card later. It can be viewed as a scam and bait-and-switch. To me, to be fair to the consumers like us, the replacement value should be assigned when the redemption was entered into the system or when 2 months down the road to have an established value of the card. Obviously, it is too much work and the card company wont do it and we are stuck with the crappy system we have now.

Last edited by hche; 08-22-2018 at 11:46 AM.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #12
allabtsprt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
This is the thing I have with redemption replacement. The card's worth when it was pulled vs its worth when getting replaced. I mean, for example, when you pulled a Trent Richardson auto redemption in 2012, it was probably a $100+ card but now it is probably $5. So if I have an outstanding one and I need to get it replace now, I will get a $5 auto. No one will tell me to show them the value back in 2012. The card company did not make the $100 card when they should and are replacing them with $5 card later. It can be viewed as a scam and bait-and-switch. To me, to be fair to the consumers like us, the replacement value should be assigned when the redemption was entered into the system or when 2 months down the road to have an established value of the card. Obviously, it is too much work and the card company wont do it and we are stuck with the crappy system we have now.
This to a tee! Excellent point.
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #13
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

Tell them you'll only make a deal with them if they offer you the un-signed card.

That way at least you could make the card yourself.

Or, in this case since its a sticker card - tell them to attach all of the stickers they have to the card and send it that way.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #14
TheWrightStuff

Its ridiculous that one of the main card they advertise to sell the product they are flaking on actually producing. Topps is a joke. I do not mess with redemptions any more. If I pull one I sell it.
TheWrightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #15
Mr Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrightStuff View Post
Its ridiculous that one of the main card they advertise to sell the product they are flaking on actually producing. Topps is a joke. I do not mess with redemptions any more. If I pull one I sell it.

Agreed hey, I stopped buying Topps and UFC cards purely based on this. Been burnt too hard this time, 4 years waiting and been sending them emails every few days, waiting for the redemption or customer service manager to email me now and that was nearly a week ago I heard that.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #16
Mr Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Tell them you'll only make a deal with them if they offer you the un-signed card.

That way at least you could make the card yourself.

Or, in this case since its a sticker card - tell them to attach all of the stickers they have to the card and send it that way.
Yeah pretty crappy hey, best card in the run and they have no admitted to me it was never made yet as you say all they need to do is make the card and get the stickers.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #17
Mr Paparazzi

Starting to really get pissed with Topps and the useless dept of so called customer service.

I already have a contact to submit something to the UFC about what has gone on, here are just the last few emails back and forth.

Ok Ryan,

So after the assessment still the same value after I provided far less cards with $500-700 US value, let alone can't give you a 1/1 8 fighter auto because I redeemed it over 4 years ago and guess what it still hasn't been made therefore never SOLD on Ebay!
I am still waiting to hear back even after asking twice to speak with the customer service/redemptions manager and even asked for his or her name. Still no response.
You are telling me I can wait for this card to be made, yet I have waited above acceptable period by let's say 2 years.

I am giving Topps 7 days for the customer service manager to get back to me and offer me the 8 fighters 1/1 card or those same 8 fighters individual 1 of 1 cards which is deemed fair if Topps hasn't made the card in 4 years.
I will follow up once again with your contract holder in UFC and also be submitting a request to the BBB in America.

I await your response

Brett Saint

Sent: Wednesday, 5 September 2018 11:35 PM
To: saintyscollectables@hotmail.com
Subject: Redemption-Saint/Attn:Ryan [Incident: 180731-000010]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject
Redemption-Saint/Attn:Ryan

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Ryan) 09/05/2018 10:05 AM
Dear Brett,

Thank you for providing us links. After reassessing the value of your card, the value will stay the same at $500.00 ebay. If you would like to still sub it out we will be using this value. If you do not like the value, we kindly ask to please continue waiting for the card to be completed.

Topps reserves the right in its discretion to deny a substitution request at any time based on the status of the redemption card due to you (as determined by Topps). This includes substitution requests made through the consumer’s redemption account on Topps.com, which may be reversed. In addition, Topps maintains the right in its discretion to substitute a new card if the card you are submitting the redemption for cannot be completed and Topps determines it is to be ‘uncirculated’.

For more information about the redemption program, please use the link below:

https://www.topps.com/media/pdf/Rede...(11.17.17).pdf

Best regards,
Ryan
Customer Service Representative

email: support@topps.com
Tel: 1-800-489-9149
Customer By Email (Brett Saint) 09/03/2018 10:42 AM
Hi Ryan,

Still waiting as you said customer service or redemption manager will be in contact with me, would also like their name?

Here is a /25 dual auto a way lesser card SOLD for $150 plus

http://sortsof.com/item/183300866529...auto-25-25-1-1

a 1/1 Female fighter sold for $715 US

http://sortsof.com/item/362391752986...ilver-auto-1-1

a Nate Diaz 1/1 auto sold for $500 yet alone a 8 fighter auto booklet 1 of 1 that is so rare it wasnt even made and therefore lesser cards selling for $500 and upwards

http://sortsof.com/item/142479072212...diaz-autograph

Even this Rousey 1/1 which isnt even signed sold for $300

http://sortsof.com/item/292669542953...ne-ut-rr-sweet

and then there is this one, hasn't sold but is a 4 fighter 2 champioin relic 1 of 1 and has $449 on it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173459491506

Await your reply

Brett

180731-000010]

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject

Redemption-Saint/Attn:Ryan

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Ryan)

08/28/2018 10:18 AM

Dear Brett,

This has been escalated to management. In order to reassess the value of your card, please send links of sold listings from Ebay that shows the value is higher than the $500.00. Once we get the links, we can forward to management to reassess the value of your card.

We cannot guarantee management will go up in value, but we will escalate the listings to them.

Best regards,
Ryan

Customer By Email (Brett Saint)

08/27/2018 01:36 AM

==================== text File Attachment ====================
Attachment 5.html, 324264 bytes, Added to incident

08/21/2018 09:21 AM

==================== text File Attachment ====================
Attachment 4.html, 322608 bytes, Added to incident

Response Via Email (Ryan)

08/21/2018 09:09 AM

Dear Brett,

It
could be a variety of reasons why this card has not been completed. I have made the request to have my manager contact you regarding your redemption.

Best regards,
Ryan

08/21/2018 09:01 AM