Blowout Cards Forums
Anthony Edwards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-11-2023, 08:27 AM   #1
LaloSalamanca

Default Sparkle packs instead of redemptions?

On the football side of things I've seen tons of backlash regarding Panini replacing a lot of redemptions with sparkle packs (on Reddit someone got a sparkle for a 2022 Josh Allen which is weird because it's so recent).

I know the WWE/Panini partnership is barely a year old at this point with the second Prizm entry just dropping, but has anyone had this experience with WWE?
LaloSalamanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:35 AM   #2
packman80

Panini lost the license deal with NFL and NBA so they are just clearing out stock by replacing with whatever they have on hand. As long as Panini has the license deal with WWE should not be as big of a issue.
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:56 AM   #3
LaloSalamanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
Panini lost the license deal with NFL and NBA so they are just clearing out stock by replacing with whatever they have on hand. As long as Panini has the license deal with WWE should not be as big of a issue.
That makes sense. Not gonna lie, I've been getting anxious seeing all the NFL sparkle packs since I'm waiting on 7 WWE redemptions...wrestlers sign more than NFL players anyway, but if it's a license thing then you're right, all should be good.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:42 AM   #4
KandJ

Fanatics/Topps got the WWE license back last year. Panini still has it for couple years though.

https://www.beckett.com/news/fanatic...-card-license/
KandJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 03:27 PM   #5
ThatGuyPal

I'm not sure what Josh Allen you're speaking of, but from what I've seen they are using Mosaic sparkle type packs (that include SP, SSP parallels etc) to replace very old redemptions of lower-end players.

Considering the fact any WWE redemption is maybe what? Only a year old, and the fact that they wouldn't replace a say Roman Reigns auto with one of these, and it's highly possible depending on the pack that it would be worth more than a low end auto like Trent Seven, I wouldn't worry too much
ThatGuyPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 04:37 PM   #6
Joshi City

I'd take a sparkle pack over any of my redemptions any day.
Joshi City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:43 PM   #7
LaloSalamanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyPal View Post
I'm not sure what Josh Allen you're speaking of, but from what I've seen they are using Mosaic sparkle type packs (that include SP, SSP parallels etc) to replace very old redemptions of lower-end players.

Considering the fact any WWE redemption is maybe what? Only a year old, and the fact that they wouldn't replace a say Roman Reigns auto with one of these, and it's highly possible depending on the pack that it would be worth more than a low end auto like Trent Seven, I wouldn't worry too much
It was a 2022 Mosaic Josh Allen, I saw it on the footballcards subreddit, but you'd hope they wouldn't give up on the WWE redemptions so soon, particularly when there isn't an off-season in wrestling where Panini has to chase athletes around.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:25 PM   #8
ThatGuyPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaloSalamanca View Post
It was a 2022 Mosaic Josh Allen, I saw it on the footballcards subreddit, but you'd hope they wouldn't give up on the WWE redemptions so soon, particularly when there isn't an off-season in wrestling where Panini has to chase athletes around.
I found that post

1. Josh Allen isn't even on the Mosaic auto checklist lol *check 130point even for completed sales the only one is an IP auto*
2. None of the autos have a parallel /5 lol

Dude either is clout chasing, a pathological liar or is sadly mistaken about what redemption he sent it. Regardless I think they'll get done before that's an issue, at worst I'd assume they get done before Impeccable/Immaculate etc. hit this year, the smart thing would be just wait and have them sign redemptions/this year's all at once so we don't have a billion this year lol but with WWE selling I see Endeavour wanting to make sure all existing contracts are taken care of so they aren't left holding any bags.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:18 AM   #9
WhoDat504

I’m going on 120 days and still no sign of my Triple H redemption from chronicles, wonder what’s taking so long since it’s just a sticker auto? I’m hoping it doesn’t get replaced with some bs panini points
WhoDat504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:16 AM   #10
notoriousrmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat504 View Post
I’m going on 120 days and still no sign of my Triple H redemption from chronicles, wonder what’s taking so long since it’s just a sticker auto? I’m hoping it doesn’t get replaced with some bs panini points
I have one waiting as well.

I'd be less concerned about a points replacement if they actually had the same quality choices on their site as what we are getting replaced. But, there is no WWE out there and I have zero interest in getting points to pick up outdated football and hockey cards no one ever wanted in the first place.

It's amazing how old some of the cards on there are - plenty of players who are out of their respective leagues by now!
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:31 PM   #11
WhoDat504

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
I have one waiting as well.

I'd be less concerned about a points replacement if they actually had the same quality choices on their site as what we are getting replaced. But, there is no WWE out there and I have zero interest in getting points to pick up outdated football and hockey cards no one ever wanted in the first place.

It's amazing how old some of the cards on there are - plenty of players who are out of their respective leagues by now!
There’s 0 quality choices on there that could be on par with a replacement of HHH. I’m not interested in KD, Ja, Trae, or any of the rookies in the NFL either. Just makes no sense as to why they haven’t been filled since it’s not even on card. They pumped revolution, select, and prizm autos out, what gives with chronicles?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:44 PM   #12
Joshi City

The speed of redemptions being fulfilled is both disappointing and not surprising. There isn't any reason that Panini can't just send a bunch of stickers to RAW and have them signed. If its an injured or former wrestler I understand the delay but they know where they will be every Monday or Friday. But its Panini, they are notoriously bad (I say this as someone with a few pending WWE redemptions).
Old 05-22-2023, 08:48 PM   #13
WhoDat504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi City View Post
The speed of redemptions being fulfilled is both disappointing and not surprising. There isn't any reason that Panini can't just send a bunch of stickers to RAW and have them signed. If its an injured or former wrestler I understand the delay but they know where they will be every Monday or Friday. But its Panini, they are notoriously bad (I say this as someone with a few pending WWE redemptions).
I’ve had 3/4 of mine filled, still waiting on the ONE I care about the most
Old 05-23-2023, 11:08 AM   #14
notoriousrmb

As bad as Panini has been, I'm still waiting on 2018 Lana redemptions from Topps which will obviously never be sent. I've requested replacements for years with no success.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:15 AM   #15
byronscott4ever

Football sparkle packs were supposed to be lower end redemptions. If they did a WWE one, I’d hope for the same.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:08 PM   #16
elektrokuter

I myself am still waiting on a Charlotte Chronicle auto. I know she's been injure/on sabbatical a lot so no surprised.

Also still waiting on a Select Cena auto, which is annoying only because he had live stickers in Chronicles/
elektrokuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:44 PM   #17
LaloSalamanca

Still have my 7 redemptions pending and I don't particularly feel confident about any of them right now.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:45 PM   #18
wubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrokuter View Post
I myself am still waiting on a Charlotte Chronicle auto. I know she's been injure/on sabbatical a lot so no surprised.

Also still waiting on a Select Cena auto, which is annoying only because he had live stickers in Chronicles/
Yup also waiting on a Revolution Cena, which has been successfully redeemed by others so I’m hoping this is just processing backlog.
wubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 04:21 PM   #19
Joshi City

My Edge Immaculate redemption shipped today, progress! Hopefully they already got the bulk of the active wrestlers to sign and its just a backlog processing it to ship out.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:14 PM   #20
ThatGuyPal

WWE fans are impatient, less than a year and you all think they aren't coming lol must not be used to NBA redemptions lol
Old 05-24-2023, 08:28 PM   #21
Joshi City

Quote:
WWE fans are impatient, less than a year and you all think they aren't coming lol must not be used to NBA redemptions lol
I'll give you 10:1 odds I'll never get my Sarray autograph redeemed, you name the dollar amount

Redemptions in any sport are a joke and shouldn't exist, its useless paper and Panini is 50/50 at best across all sports in redeeming the proper card at all, let alone within a certain time period. And complaining about it is always justified.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:30 AM   #22
notoriousrmb

Quote:
Less than a year? I'm sitting on Topps WWE redemptions from 2016.

Not one, numerous.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:10 PM   #23
Kingofkings1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Less than a year? I'm sitting on Topps WWE redemptions from 2016.

Not one, numerous.
Yep. 6 months is like a few hours in Panini time. I’m shocked that Hogan and Reigns have already shipped. I was thinking at least a year haha

http://kingofkings1281.imgur.com
Kingofkings1281 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 04:54 PM   #24
LaloSalamanca

Quote:
To be fair, NBA has off-seasons where it's hard to track them down. WWE people sign year round, there is no off-season.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:11 PM   #25
WhoDat504

Quote:
panini loses the license next year, we have a right to worry about what happens next.