Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-16-2024, 12:46 PM   #1
elektrokuter

Default 2023 Panini WWE Chronicles

Was this even ever announced? Did I miss it?

Just randomly saw that Blasters are available for this now

Features a 400 Card Set
9 Parallels Per Box on Average!
Look For a Variety of Cards From More Than 15 Unique Brands!
Turn Back The Clock With The Special Action Packed Insert!
elektrokuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 02:46 PM   #2
kah1980

I just received an ad for these too!! What the heck is happening? No announcement either. Weird.
kah1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:19 PM   #3
tomahawk

My guess is hobby got delayed due to something involving the Panini litigation or auto collection, or both, or who knows. And that retail, not guaranteeing autos and containing no hobby parallels, is prepared and easy to dump with no headache.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 07:45 AM   #4
ssilva872

Just because it isn't guaranteed autos doesn't mean they won't be in there for some lucky people though right?

Like wouldn't some of the auto signers for the red auto set have to already signed their stickers and they put them on the retail versions of whatever autos they have this year?

Hopefully either way we get more information about this set and get a checklist soon.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:01 AM   #5
ssilva872

Sorry to double post but stuff is hitting eBay now.

I don't like how some of the parallels are out of /349. Maybe that is just the base Chronicles set and if so then that's fine I suppose. Especially if that means they are not as stingy with them in blaster boxes especially...

I am very annoyed that they did Lita dirty with a card of hers. Here it is btw:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lita 2023 Chronicles Censored WWE logo.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	552069

While not so much her but the OG Women's Title she is holding in the photo. I understand them censoring the WWF logo on the titles that had that scratch logo on it but why the hell do they censor the WWE scratch logo? The pandas are not mad about that one so why self censor something that isn't even bad? It ruins the card for sure. I noticed they did this for a photo of Beth Phoenix holding her WWE Women's Title belt on a Panini auto of hers and I hate that.

I don't notice them censoring the WWE scratch logo for the men's titles (Spinner WWE Title, Oval IC Title, etc) so what is up exactly?

Are the people at Panini just ignorant idiots or what? I need it explained and then I need them to never do that sh*t again.

Last edited by ssilva872; 04-19-2024 at 02:45 AM.
ssilva872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:13 AM   #6
hammerva

I am confused. Is the only box product out there now the blasters? And seemingly from places like CardGiants although I haven't been to Wal Mart or Target this week. I don't see any hobby boxes out there. Trying to figure out how all these singles hit the market with literally no promotion at all. Beckett, Cardboard Connection, and Blowout has no information on it. I am not even sure if Chronicles is on the Panini site because there are network issues trying to access it

Last edited by hammerva; 04-19-2024 at 08:15 AM.
hammerva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:24 AM   #7
BlowoutBuzz

There was no formal info release. When I get it, will be a First Buzz item on site.
BlowoutBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #8
LaloSalamanca

Are these even at target/wally? This release is so weird lol but people ARE finding a way to get it so
LaloSalamanca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:26 PM   #9
ThatGuyPal

FOMO is such a crazy thing, seeing base cards sell for more than numbered cards I have of same guys from last year because there is nothing out really on the market currently.
ThatGuyPal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:32 AM   #10
ssilva872

Idk why anyone buys base but to each their own.

Good luck to the early sellers who make bank off of impulsive people.

I've still yet to see anything I'd want to overpay on.

Not many autos so far have hit eBay. The checklist needs to hurry up though.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:34 PM   #11
ThatGuyPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssilva872 View Post
Idk why anyone buys base but to each their own.

Good luck to the early sellers who make bank off of impulsive people.

I've still yet to see anything I'd want to overpay on.

Not many autos so far have hit eBay. The checklist needs to hurry up though.
To each their own but it's pretty moronic imo to pay $30 for a base Honors Silver prizm when you can get Blue Roman XR from last year /99 for $6.50, Phoenix which I'd consider similar to Honors Blue /99 for $9 and Panini One which is a higher end brand and has a good photo /99 for same price $30 lol

I'm not the conspiracy guy but I wonder if any manipulation is involved so first sellers do make bank, I mean most of the guys you collect aren't very popular would you buy a bronze Chronicles of your guy for $5 +plus assumed shipping? Because a Bronson Reed sold for that and I just don't see it even if it was the first one on the market lol can prob buy his impeccable base if he has one for a few bucks more
ThatGuyPal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:06 AM   #12
ssilva872

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyPal View Post
To each their own but it's pretty moronic imo to pay $30 for a base Honors Silver prizm when you can get Blue Roman XR from last year /99 for $6.50, Phoenix which I'd consider similar to Honors Blue /99 for $9 and Panini One which is a higher end brand and has a good photo /99 for same price $30 lol

I'm not the conspiracy guy but I wonder if any manipulation is involved so first sellers do make bank, I mean most of the guys you collect aren't very popular would you buy a bronze Chronicles of your guy for $5 +plus assumed shipping? Because a Bronson Reed sold for that and I just don't see it even if it was the first one on the market lol can prob buy his impeccable base if he has one for a few bucks more
I don't have any interest in base cards or the bronze versions.

I only collect serial numbered ones for sets like this.

Prizms I try to get as many of the different versions but the unnumbered ones (like green, red wave, disco, etc) are not really priorities and are in general COMC pickups when they become like <$0.75.

And even for numbered parallels I'm trying to not pay $5+ in addition to $4-6 shipping per card.

If the shipping is PWE then maybe but even then I am trying to bundle them up to save on shipping.

More stuff has hit eBay btw. I'm trying to resist not sending an offer for an auto I want now but who knows if I will have the mental endurance smh.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:06 PM   #13
imthegrinch

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

is this gonna be a retail only release?

http://brianscard.blogspot.com/
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 05:16 AM   #14
ssilva872

I am shocked that there is no update on a checklist or any clarification on when the hobby releases (if it even does)... Like wtf is Panini doing?
Old 04-23-2024, 10:27 AM   #15
BlowoutBuzz

Info now in.

First Buzz: 2023 Panini Chronicles WWE wrestling cards >> BlowoutBuzz.com

BlowoutBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:01 AM   #16
oldgoldy97

I’m excited at the prospect of getting hosed on another autograph redemption.

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:16 AM   #17
Joshi City

I really liked the 2022 version and will get a couple boxes if the price is right. I like the variety of Chronicles sets, I thought last year the boxes were a really good value. Course, last year the retail price went up instead of down post-release and has stayed up, so I'm assuming greedy retailers will price these at $300+ or something.
Joshi City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:14 PM   #18
tomahawk

I'm tentatively in to rip a handful of these provided the pre-order price does not follow suit with Impeccable and attempt to gouge us beyond all sensibility. Chronicles should land squarely between Elite and Select w/r/t pricing, and I will be happy to sit another round out if they pull the same crap.

The 2022 release was fantastic, and the variety really makes this a much more attractive product than something like Revolution or Elite, even with the latter having the on-card autos. As mentioned above, however, the almost-certain inclusion of redemptions makes the prospect of ripping any Panini WWE product at this moment in time a gamble within a gamble.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:19 AM   #19
Joshi City

Looks like hobby boxes are starting at $225 for pre-order. Not worst case scenario anyway.
Joshi City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:31 AM   #20
tomahawk

Definitely not worst-case scenario. Refreshing for once! (Although undoubtedly still overpriced compared to what average box price will yield...)
Old 04-24-2024, 10:34 AM   #21
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi City View Post
Looks like hobby boxes are starting at $225 for pre-order. Not worst case scenario anyway.
Wonder what the checklist will look like though and who is (or isn't) on it.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:28 AM   #22
elektrokuter

Yeah $225 isnt horrible, but didnt last years start at $130-$150? Still a decent increase percentage wise (inflation etc yeah lol)
elektrokuter is offline   Reply With Quote