Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-23-2024, 10:26 AM   #1
BlowoutBuzz

Default First Buzz: 2023 Panini Chronicles WWE wrestling cards

First Buzz: 2023 Panini Chronicles WWE wrestling cards >> BlowoutBuzz.com

Checklist >> https://www.blowoutcards.com/wp/wp-c...nicles-WWE.pdf

By name >> https://www.blowoutcards.com/wp/wp-c...WE-by-name.pdf

Last edited by BlowoutBuzz; 05-16-2024 at 07:22 AM.
BlowoutBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:11 AM   #2
ssilva872

The link is not working for me...

Is the checklist finally out?
Old 04-26-2024, 06:43 AM   #3
ThatGuyPal

No, and it's not listed to come out until May24 so don't expect one for a few weeks likely. Retail releasing early won't force their hand, if there is one it'll likely come out around the time FOTL releases
ThatGuyPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:09 AM   #4
TXRunner

Been watching a guy on Loupe breaking a ton of cases of blasters of this. So far nothing has really stood out to me. A couple of nice autos here and there. Cracks me up though that they are doing breaks for this and they don't know what the check list is. So some of the buyers are just hoping and praying that the person they bought is in the product.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:09 AM   #5
LaloSalamanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Been watching a guy on Loupe breaking a ton of cases of blasters of this. So far nothing has really stood out to me. A couple of nice autos here and there. Cracks me up though that they are doing breaks for this and they don't know what the check list is. So some of the buyers are just hoping and praying that the person they bought is in the product.
Gambling at its finest lmao
LaloSalamanca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 04:17 AM   #6
ssilva872

Yeah I watched a 20 blaster box break and they only hit two autos: a red Kiana James Optic iirc and a red Ricochet Chronicles auto.

I want to say they hit like 7 /75 green parallels and a lot more of the /199 and /349 pink ones.

Sadly since a lot of the parallels are the first cards in the pack they were ruined with bent corners.. That is unacceptable!
Old 04-29-2024, 08:54 PM   #7
ThatGuyPal

I'm not actually complaining but it would be nice if this showed up in my area while people are still paying top dollar for base/high-numbers. By the time I get it the /349 will prob be $2 and i'll end up losing $25 on a blaster lol

If they replaced the yearly tributes no one cares about (HHH and now Rey) with something like Downtowns since Optic is included already it would push the set over the edge (No PPV) similar to Kabooms for Revolution and lesser extent Color Blasts in Select. I mean there are a low enough amount of releases that between high-end and case-hits in other things you could make almost every set desirable, it's less inflated value than Topps doing "buybacks" for top stars or winners of UFC events. WWE is made for Downtowns
Old 05-05-2024, 07:00 PM   #8
elektrokuter

I succumbed to two blasters of this. Wild how different they can be

Blaster 1:

Tiffany Stratton Spectra Pink /199
Kane Certified Pink /199 (really damaged out of the pack)
Roman Reigns Origins Green /75

Blaster 2:
Bianca Belair Action Packed
John Cena Optic Wave

eagerly awaiting Hobby now though
elektrokuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:18 PM   #9
ThatGuyPal

Blasters seem to drastically differ on hits, still don't seem bad though I'll rip a couple
Old 05-09-2024, 03:04 PM   #10
machine74

You know, the more I see blasters in the wild and singles on ebay, and the less I see anything of a checklist, I do believe someone jumped the gun on these. For instance I'd love to know which origins cards are going to be in this set but nope.
machine74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:17 PM   #11
machine74

Ripped three blasters from Target, good stuff!
Highlights:
Dar auto
AJ base /75
Gold Roman Origins
Rey Origins /375
Torrie Spectra /199
Jayne base /349
Hogan, LA Knight Silver Spectras
Couple Razor, Chyna cards
Tiffany Pink Luminance

Great mix of young and old. Hoping to get all tbe Origins late summer or so.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by machine74; 05-10-2024 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:38 PM   #12
machine74

Forgot the Cena /199....didn't see it at first :/

Old 05-10-2024, 09:38 AM   #13
LaloSalamanca

I really like this set so far. Hilarious we still don't have a checklist so we barely know what we're chasing but some blasters seem loaded and I'll never complain about getting multiple hits as opposed to feeling empty ripping a prizm blaster with just a green Quincy Elliott in it
Old 05-10-2024, 10:16 AM   #14
machine74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaloSalamanca View Post
I really like this set so far. Hilarious we still don't have a checklist so we barely know what we're chasing but some blasters seem loaded and I'll never complain about getting multiple hits as opposed to feeling empty ripping a prizm blaster with just a green Quincy Elliott in it
Agreed. I think I'm going to grab three more. I also wish it was more evident that the 24kt gold cards were labeled as such, but that's just a little nitpick. The Origins and photo cards look awesome.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:12 AM   #15
ThatGuyPal

"Classics" being a set in this makes me happy, like the look and fits perfect with older wrestlers for example that Razor looks really cool.

Is The Rock or Punk even in this like Impeccable though? Haven't seen any from break pictures posted so far. They are the only ones who will hold value for these high numbered cards (/199, /299, etc) outside of the initial rush. If they aren't I'll def pass on hobby and just buy some blasters and wait for Immaculate.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:23 AM   #16
machine74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyPal View Post
"Classics" being a set in this makes me happy, like the look and fits perfect with older wrestlers for example that Razor looks really cool.

Is The Rock or Punk even in this like Impeccable though? Haven't seen any from break pictures posted so far. They are the only ones who will hold value for these high numbered cards (/199, /299, etc) outside of the initial rush. If they aren't I'll def pass on hobby and just buy some blasters and wait for Immaculate.

I don't know, let's look at the checkl....wait
Old 05-10-2024, 11:31 AM   #17
LaloSalamanca

Quote:

Rock has an action packed and ring royalty from what I've seen and I've only seen a CM Punk base
Old 05-10-2024, 09:06 PM   #18
ThatGuyPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaloSalamanca View Post
Rock has an action packed and ring royalty from what I've seen and I've only seen a CM Punk base
Well that's a good sign. I'd like to see them in more hopefully but it's nice to have a chance at low numbered in multiple sets for Rock atleast, anything /10 less and obv 1/1 will be pretty big even for Chronicles.

It's less popular but it feels hobby numbering is usually lower than hobby numbering for Select too so better chance at a low numbered card. I wish they didn't dedicate whole tribute sets to HHH and Rey Mysterio though, no one really cared about HHH so doubt they will Rey but if they made it Taker, Austin, Rock it likely would be a popular set.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:32 PM   #19
ssilva872

I've only got three cards from this set so far. Well 4 but Mercari screwed me over and for that they are pretty much dead to me.....

Only one of the cards has actually got delivered into my mail slot like they said they did, but I expect the other two to come in the next couple of days. I suppose I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch because my poor red Wade Barrett Voices of the Ring auto is nowhere to be found. So after all of Mercari's shady fees it ended up being $17 spend down the drain with nothing to show for it...

The ones that did/hopefully will show up include a pink Theory XR (/199) parallel, the second is a green Theory Chronicles (1/75) parallel, and the last is a green Cameron Grimes Chronicles (/75) parallel.

It's still crazy how little autos from this set have hit eBay. Like if I saw any for my people I'd be quick to snag them if they were reasonably priced.

As it is I only know that Wade Barrett, Molly Holly, and Alundra Blayze have an auto but I collect a lot more people so I hope people like Pretty Deadly, Theory, McIntyre, signed. And it would be nice if Cameron Grimes got a likely final auto in this set. Otherwise his final auto will have been most likely from Impeccable 2023.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:36 PM   #20
ThatGuyPal

How is it crazy how little autos have hit when hobby isn't even out and it's still pretty rare to hit autos from retail even if it's more common than two years ago.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:51 PM   #21
machine74

Quote:
How is it crazy how little autos have hit when hobby isn't even out and it's still pretty rare to hit autos from retail even if it's more common than two years ago.
I've hit two in six blasters (Dar, Tatanka).

Old 05-13-2024, 06:21 PM   #22
Joshi City

Undertaker autographs are in the set, and I've seen boxes as low as $175 from reputable vendors. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting after the price of Impeccable. Chronicles was stealthy-good last year, hoping for the same this year.
Joshi City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:25 PM   #23
machine74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi City View Post
Undertaker autographs are in the set, and I've seen boxes as low as $175 from reputable vendors. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting after the price of Impeccable. Chronicles was stealthy-good last year, hoping for the same this year.
A buddy and I are doing a hit draft with some hobby boxes, could you PM me where you found that price?

Old 05-13-2024, 06:44 PM   #24
Joshi City

I took the big plunge and purchased a case. I haven't gotten a case of WWE in a long time but getting 12 boxes of Chronicles for hundreds less than what four boxes of Impeccable costs just feels like as good a "deal" as we will get these days. Not because of the autograph number difference (which isn't huge) but Chronicles has a lot of non-auto sub sets that sell pretty well.

Maybe they jacked up the price of Impeccable just to make everything else they release this year look like a good deal.
Joshi City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:40 PM   #25
LaloSalamanca

Panini posted the checklist on the product page!

Edit: lol just the action packed and certified inserts. Not the complete one, I jumped the gun I guess so I apologize but why even release a partial checklist ��

Last edited by LaloSalamanca; 05-13-2024 at 08:58 PM.