Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
RelicCollector

Default POLL: Best Seat In The Ballpark

What do you think?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
kazmir114
Banned

Always the away dugout IMO. Whenever I go to a yanks game (even though im a yanks fan) I always try and get tickets on the third base side and wear the opposing teams hat. Works for autos and memorabilia every time
kazmir114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
Highroller

I love the outfield because you can actually see the pitch go into the glove and see the whole play develop.
Highroller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Illini99

I prefer watching a game from behind the plate even though it's easier to get autos other places.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/illini99
Illini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
briscogun

Suite. Best ever.
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
brewcrew8

I never go for autos, just to enjoy the game.

Nothing beats behind home plate. Watching the best pitchers in the world from that vantage point is just spectacular.
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
jake312

I have had much success getting autos by the thirdbase side from opposing sides and it has been a blast! And it is a GREAT view!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
Haze28

Depends on the park. Wrigley Field I sit in the bleachers in the outfield. The Cell, near the dugouts.
Haze28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
stera8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmir114 View Post
Always the away dugout IMO. Whenever I go to a yanks game (even though im a yanks fan) I always try and get tickets on the third base side and wear the opposing teams hat. Works for autos and memorabilia every time
What? Lol so much I'm learning about you today..

...so when you're wearing the enemies hat, do you still root for the yanks out loud and people are like "what's he doing" hahhaha
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
dbacksfan4life

I love the bleachers. You can see the whole field really well.

Starting a collection of ADAM ENGEL
dbacksfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #11
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Totally depends on the park IMO. At Comerica the bleachers as well as the 1st base side is great for viewing. At Nats park along the 1st base side but not too far into right field is nice. Get too far under the overhang and you can't see the scoreboard. At Camden I hate sitting too far back in the lower level because you can't see balls that are hit high because the overhang blocks it. At Tropicana you buy the cheapest seats available and move to whatever seat you like!

On a side note; I would never wear an opposing teams hat at Comerica or even at Nats park unless the Tigers come to town. How can you call yourself a Yankees fan?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #12
enyouartist

Quote:
Wow. This guy. Anything for an auto, huh? Lmbo

Memorabilia is kind of cool though. I can't hate the game; More power to ya, bud. Personally, I stay away from first and third base lines because I'm too old to be worried about dodging rocket line-drives if I happen to be looking down and checking my phone!
enyouartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #13
VandyCards

If I'm going to a MILB game by myself, I like to sit behind home plate. I usually talk to the pitchers charting or the scouts there. Most actually like to talk to people, as their task can be rather dull.

If I'm with the lady friend, she likes to be front row near around either side of the dugout.
I collect cards of former Vanderbilt players across all sports. David Price, Sonny Gray, Pedro Alvarez, Carson Fulmer, Ryan Flaherty, Philip Pfeifer, Tony Kemp, Mike Yastrzemski, Bryan Reynolds, MANY more.......
VandyCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #14
Jperez

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCards View Post
If I'm going to a MILB game by myself, I like to sit behind home plate. I usually talk to the pitchers charting or the scouts there. Most actually like to talk to people, as their task can be rather dull.

If I'm with the lady friend, she likes to be front row near around either side of the dugout.
I actually did this on Friday night at the hangar in lancaster. My wife and I met mark Appel as he was charting. Really cool guy...
Jperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #15
kazmir114
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Totally depends on the park IMO. At Comerica the bleachers as well as the 1st base side is great for viewing. At Nats park along the 1st base side but not too far into right field is nice. Get too far under the overhang and you can't see the scoreboard. At Camden I hate sitting too far back in the lower level because you can't see balls that are hit high because the overhang blocks it. At Tropicana you buy the cheapest seats available and move to whatever seat you like!

On a side note; I would never wear an opposing teams hat at Comerica or even at Nats park unless the Tigers come to town. How can you call yourself a Yankees fan?
Listen, I try my best to watch all 162 yanks games a year (plus playoffs) im always rooting for them. But since I am a kid/teen, Ill always want to try and get some autos, memorabilia, and meet some players! Some players on away teams even know im not a fan of their team! haha
kazmir114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #16
CasperMcLovin
Banned

I've been doing press box work around my area for high school and college games for several years now and I really enjoy sitting behind the plate and watching the movement on the pitches, etc.
CasperMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #17
lawjawjones

My favorite would be behind home plate. It's the closest, and you can see the whole field.

Second choice would be the first base side. Gives you a shot at some foul balls (no glove ofcourse ), and a solid view of how the pitch is coming in. Only downsides would be you can't see the right field corner.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #18
4mightyQuinn

beer garden safeco
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 AM   #19
VandyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperez View Post
I actually did this on Friday night at the hangar in lancaster. My wife and I met mark Appel as he was charting. Really cool guy...
I spoke with him a bit up in Tri Cities as well. Smart guy, engineering grad.

Incidentally, if you go to Lancaster games, go talk to Tony Kemp. He was a fan favorite in Nashville, and is a really fun player.
I collect cards of former Vanderbilt players across all sports. David Price, Sonny Gray, Pedro Alvarez, Carson Fulmer, Ryan Flaherty, Philip Pfeifer, Tony Kemp, Mike Yastrzemski, Bryan Reynolds, MANY more.......
VandyCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #20
Ephland

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyouartist View Post
Personally, I stay away from first and third base lines because I'm too old to be worried about dodging rocket line-drives if I happen to be looking down and checking my phone!
I've got a buddy that absolutely loves to sit in these sections for that very reason. He wants the line drives coming at us.