blowout specials

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #801
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Colts outscored 126-34 in the second half of games this year. In just 6 games, that's CRAZY.
I read that, too. Unbelievable how a team could be so inept after a half. So many games under the Pagano regime have been very winnable games. I dare say that a lack of adjustments have pissed away nearly half of their losses over the last 2-3 seasons. It's embarrassing. You have an explosive rusher in Marlon Mack, who can hit a home run in an instant but you only run him two times all game. Hilton, your leading receiver, has one catch. Why it is that Chuck Pagano fails to gameplan appropriately is beyond my comprehension as an armchair coach, but one would think you'd want to get the ball into the hands of your best playmakers.

What worries me is that when Luck comes back, he'll do just enough to salvage some wins in a mediocre division and give the appearance that Pagano isn't all that bad. The early losses will be blamed on Luck not being healthy, and that fu@*ing clown fraud of a Head Coach will get another year to screw this team up. I genuinely believe this team is not bereft of talent. Coaching has failed this team to mediocrity, at best. The players aren't being developed appropriately and the gameplan on a weekly basis almost literally never gives you a full game of quality football. When I say 'literally' I really do mean literally. It's either a slow start and a finish that gets the team back in it, a solid first half followed by a total disaster, or a full game of absolute garbage. That's on the coaching staff.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:12 AM   #802
rman112

A lot of missed opportunities to ask Randy Moss if he was Woody from Nashville.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:00 AM   #803
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
Eh.. 23/32 for 306 and a touch..
I watched most of the game I don’t think he looked that good. Colts are a terrible team as well.

I clect football cards
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #804
sigmachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
I watched most of the game I donít think he looked that good. Colts are a terrible team as well.
I watch every TN game and I thought it was his best game yet...or one of them. He clearly wasn't anywhere close to 100% but he stood in that pocket and fired dart after dart which was what all the Draft people said he couldn't do in the NFL. He didn't have great stats but he showed that he could beat an NFL without using his legs, that impressed me. PFF also graded him as their best QB for the week.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #805
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Colts outscored 126-34 in the second half of games this year. In just 6 games, that's CRAZY.
Sounds like the falcons to me
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #806
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
I watched most of the game I donít think he looked that good. Colts are a terrible team as well.
For a guy who's obv hurt he came up big at the end
Old 10-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #807
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Sounds like the falcons to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
For a guy who's obv hurt he came up big at the end
lets be clear here guys..

a- it was against the Colts, and prior to the TD to go ahead...he only had 253 yards and an INT for a TD

b- yes he did have to make the throw on the TD...but lets not make believe it wasnt terribly busted coverage that left him wide open in first place, not like it was a dime into double/triple coverage
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #808
sigmachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
lets be clear here guys..

a- it was against the Colts, and prior to the TD to go ahead...he only had 253 yards and an INT for a TD

b- yes he did have to make the throw on the TD...but lets not make believe it wasnt terribly busted coverage that left him wide open in first place, not like it was a dime into double/triple coverage
It wasn't a busted coverage. It was a WR who simply outran the corner and got a good angle on the safety. Mariota hit him in perfect stride from 50 yards away. That's a dime if I ever saw one.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:25 AM   #809
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi View Post
It wasn't a busted coverage. It was a WR who simply outran the corner and got a good angle on the safety. Mariota hit him in perfect stride from 50 yards away. That's a dime if I ever saw one.
I'm not sure what game you were watching but that was total miscommunication on the coverage. Rahsaan Melvin gets hurt, Pierre Desir comes in. Desir and Malik Hooker were not at all on the same page regarding the corerage scheme and Desir let Taywon Taylor run right by. Hooker was late and Taylor was wiiiiiiiiiide open.

Sure, Mariota got the ball there. Good for him. Indy made it easy for him.