April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #176
Tugarpj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friarg View Post
He's not pumping the product, he's pumping the breakers... Some free exposure for the "live crap breakers" or some such folks...
Yeah. I'm gathering that. Lame.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #177
mgsenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friarg View Post
He's not pumping the product, he's pumping the breakers... Some free exposure for the "live crap breakers" or some such folks...
Live Case Break. Crap is in fact the absolute opposite
mgsenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #178
stumpfreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsenny View Post
So I guess that means every guy who breaks 5 star isn't considered a good breaker? Or just about every product that flops....

This is clearly not a regular baseball product. I don't see it being promoted as just cards. And what's it to you if you aren't the one buying it?
This forum can be brutal, but I can assure you that it is one of the most honest. Alot of knowledgable guys hanging out here that aren't afraid to tell it like it is. If a product is crap, it's exposed and people learn. I'm no expert, all I usually offer are opinions, but I have learned a ton here. It used to be that group breaks were a non profit, fun for all good time. Now group breaks are big business and I don't see anything wrong with people shouting "buyer beware" once in a while, even if someone gets their feelings hurt. The product Boomo broke was so ambiguous, I'm suprised he took the risk. How many cases of this are there? Are they all packed out? Why wasn't there a sell sheet months before it came out? Why is there cards in the product that were bought less than a month ago?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #179
Andrew Jones

Quote:
Excuse me? It's LCB and they aren't trolls. They're probably the best breakers you will find online. Always giving back to their customers and going the extra mile to make sure everything goes well. They buy product to rip for their breakers to not even make profit on sometimes. Please don't call them trolls when nobody from LCB has even posted on here. Seriously.

And I'm not trying to pump it in the forum. I didn't start this thread, I just got onto it because everyone is freaking out over it mainly because they think it's a scam by Boomo or something like that. Meanwhile there's a set of great trustworthy breakers who will be breaking this soon. So you need to think about that as well.
Define trustworthy. Are they as trustworthy as FanBro? Melbournecowboy?

People wondered why so few people called out Haiku or warned people about how shady he seemed. People like you are why. You sound like the zombies who were defending Haiku because he (a stranger) earned their trust on the Internet. Sound familiar? Your Internet boyfriends are busting a product that is a complete and total sham. The website for the product has fictitious addresses. People are paying $150+ for worthless pieces of paper. Has the mastermind behind this product bothered to post the terms and conditions of the "raffle" yet? You know, so people know what the company claims they are giving the lucky people who pull the "raffle" tickets. What recourse do buyers have if the ungraded vintage cards are not authentic or are found to have been altered? Which company/companies are certifying the authenticity of the memorabilia purportedly being given away in this product? If your box breaking buddies don't know all of those answers, they're just another brick in the pyramid.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #180
hitman1116

any breaker who takes this product after seeing the breaks are in fact doing their clients a great disservice. I buy into Chad's breaks a lot and some times on products I'm not totally familiar with. That's my risk but I also trust Chad enough to know that the products he's breaking aren't this repackaged crap and the product is going to be decent. Any breaker who thinks this is a decent product is crazy.
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #181
nikpounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1116 View Post
what kind of card company has to make a rule book for their product?
One that doesn't want to get sued. I know Topps puts the odds on its packs to comply with laws in some jurisdictions. I think that is also why they offer the NPN option also.
nikpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #182
stumpfreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post

People wondered why so few people called out Haiku or warned people about how shady he seemed. People like you are why. You sound like the zombies who were defending Haiku because he (a stranger) earned their trust on the Internet. Sound familiar? Your Internet boyfriends are busting a product that is a complete and total sham. The website for the product has fictitious addresses. People are paying $150+ for worthless pieces of paper. Has the mastermind behind this product bothered to post the terms and conditions of the "raffle" yet? You know, so people know what the company claims they are giving the lucky people who pull the "raffle" tickets. What recourse do buyers have if the ungraded vintage cards are not authentic or are found to have been altered? Which company/companies are certifying the authenticity of the memorabilia purportedly being given away in this product? If your box breaking buddies don't know all of those answers, they're just another brick in the pyramid.
Exactly, and what if it peters out and people quit buying it? Maybe only 1/8 of it sells. Will there still be a raffle??
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #183
mgsenny

Quote:

I don't understand all the hate towards me. I'm simply defending breakers that I find extremely trustworthy. Do you think that people who spent a ton of time building up their reputation would do something knowingly that would cause them to lose all their accountability? If you honestly do then you're out of your mind.

Remember, I'm not defending this product because I don't know enough about it. I'm defending LCB and everything they're about. So please, don't judge breakers until you actually watch their breaks and see how they deal with the customers because these guys are at the top of the class.

Back to the product though, what research did you do to learn that their address is fake because google maps says it's real. They're (Google Maps) a lot more reputable than you are. It's COMPLETELY understandable to be wary on a company like this for having a product like this being their first product but don't call out LCB for that. Seriously, that's like getting mad at a guy eating and selling Hershey's Bars when you don't like Hersey's yourself.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #184
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
I don't understand all the hate towards me. I'm simply defending breakers that I find extremely trustworthy. Do you think that people who spent a ton of time building up their reputation would do something knowingly that would cause them to lose all their accountability? If you honestly do then you're out of your mind.

Remember, I'm not defending this product because I don't know enough about it. I'm defending LCB and everything they're about. So please, don't judge breakers until you actually watch their breaks and see how they deal with the customers because these guys are at the top of the class.

Back to the product though, what research did you do to learn that their address is fake because google maps says it's real. They're a lot more reputable than you are. It's COMPLETELY understandable to be wary on a company like this for having a product like this being their first product but don't call out LCB for that. Seriously, that's like getting mad at a guy eating and selling Hershey's Bars when you don't like Hersey's yourself.
Did someone say Haiku?
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #185
hitman1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpounder View Post
One that doesn't want to get sued. I know Topps puts the odds on its packs to comply with laws in some jurisdictions. I think that is also why they offer the NPN option also.
I don't mean that. They have like a rule book inserted with like how to use the points and what you can get and how the redemptions work. Who makes a product so complicated that it needs a rule book. Seemed like boomo was on the take watching through 3 cases so far but that's my opinion. I wouldn't get in this break with your money, let alone my own.
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #186
mgsenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Did someone say Haiku?
I don't even know who that is. Idk about you, but I think I can trust guys who are able to get MLB Players to guest break for them. Brad Ziegler breaks TTT Baseball for LCB so often. I don't see any other breakers having celebs breaking for them.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #187
uberfatty

Quote:

Back to the product though, what research did you do to learn that their address is fake because google maps says it's real. They're (Google Maps) a lot more reputable than you are. It's COMPLETELY understandable to be wary on a company like this for having a product like this being their first product but don't call out LCB for that. Seriously, that's like getting mad at a guy eating and selling Hershey's Bars when you don't like Hersey's yourself.
Incredibly naive statement, you should read up on Haiku. Scammers do EXACTLY this, in order to get a large following of defenders to shield them and pump their credibility sky high. Then, all hell breaks loose.

***this isn't a comment/accusation on anything related to Heroes of Sport, just general thoughts.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #188
stumpfreeman

Quote:

Not many here are attacking the breakers, just suprised they are risking their reputation on this stuff. And the site DID have a bogus address up until the day Boomo started breaking it, yesterday.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #189
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
I don't even know who that is. Idk about you, but I think I can trust guys who are able to get MLB Players to guest break for them. Brad Ziegler breaks TTT Baseball for LCB so often. I don't see any other breakers having celebs breaking for them.
Well I recommend you read up on him and then tell me about building up rep purposely to blow it all
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #190
Andrew Jones

Quote:
Back to the product though, what research did you do to learn that their address is fake because google maps says it's real. They're (Google Maps) a lot more reputable than you are.
This was the information listed on the website as of yesterday:

©2012 Heroes of Sport, all rights reserved
1234 5th street, city, state
555-555-5555

I don't need Google maps to know that's as fake as it gets. Maybe they've changed it since then, but I have no interest in giving them another page hit.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #191
charnick

from a complete outsiders perspective, as i have no interest in this product, don't have that kind of money anyway, don't know anything about this haiku situation, just a collector who likes to come here to talk/buy/sell cards of all sports with like minded fellows...

i have to agree with the guy that likened this situation to the old Shop at Home show form the 1990's. i remember watching that Don West bum late nights in school back in Boston. was such a smooth talker, made you think about how much investment opportunities there were in those shitty junk boxes, thank god i never jumped on any of it, it would probably be in a landfill right now.

i have some honest questions for those people buying in on this. no judgments at all, your money is your business... are you buying this because you're a baseball/sports/cards fan or just because you like gambling? because that's what it sounds like, just simple gambling for the hope of a big hit you can resell quickly.

also, do you feel comfortable handing your money to a guy who records videos ranting and raving like a lunatic, whether staged or not, who hides behind a forum handle? pages upon pages of threads about this guy, and i have no idea who the heck he is, where he is, or what his real name is. and that's fine, but i sure hope the people sending him money know who he is. all i know is that if i ever decided to go into the breaking business (i've thought about it, but too much hassle for me) i'd be front and center right here, telling people my real name and trying to establish a professional storefront with transparency and a calm, adult demeanor to deal with folks on a civil level. at least that's what i try to do why selling cards here (not often), or selling my own stuff on ebay (more frequently).

what i'm getting at is, i've been back in the hobby for going on 6 months now after a 15 year hiatus, and while i love what i've been doing and obtaining for myself, i just don't get how different this industry is compared to anything else we deal with as consumers, and quick some people are to ignore all the warning signs in pursuit of a quick buck. if i saw this kind of behavior/reaction to any other product or store in the world, i'd be running full force in the other direction.
charnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #192
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
This was the information listed on the website as of yesterday:

©2012 Heroes of Sport, all rights reserved
1234 5th street, city, state
555-555-5555

I don't need Google maps to know that's as fake as it gets. Maybe they've changed it since then, but I have no interest in giving them another page hit.
How do you know that it's fake? Your telling me you've never been to state before? Whenever I visit state I usually stay at city, it's very scenic.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #193
mgsenny

Guys please just stop. I'm just defending my breakers and their decisions so if they decide to not break this, then I'll agree with them on that. I mentioned that already but I guess you guys and your mob mentality was stuck in the mindset that we need to bash this kid for everything he's worth because he doesn't agree with us.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #194
mjbuchanan80

In case you guys want to know who's behind this:

Heroes of Sport
Will Jaimet - owner
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/will-ja...4b8?_mSplash=1
mjbuchanan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #195
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Guys please just stop. I'm just defending my breakers and their decisions so if they decide to not break this, then I'll agree with them on that. I mentioned that already but I guess you guys and your mob mentality was stuck in the mindset that we need to bash this kid for everything he's worth because he doesn't agree with us.
Can I be Jon Gotti?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #196
californiakron

In my opinion this product seems like it was extremely rushed. There are few key points that I strongly dislike about it.

1. Ungraded Vintage Cards
2. Future Raffle for high value items
3. ROI seems vastly overstated

Having only seen the recent break which is a small sample size I truly hope it gets better. What happens if the product tanks, will the raffle take place?? Lot's of questions surrounding this product, which seems to be an inferior attempt at copying Leaf's best of series.
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #197
asw37

Send a message via AIM to asw37

The aspect of the product that kind of shocks me its inoriginality. I mean at least Leaf created an original card or autograph (those stone things) to make their products have some sense of originality or branding.... this product literally seems like a randon "dudes" collection broken down into four card boxes. Just lacks anything new or interesting.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #198
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw37 View Post
The aspect of the product that kind of shocks me its inoriginality. I mean at least Leaf created an original card or autograph (those stone things) to make their products have some sense of originality or branding.... this product literally seems like a randon "dudes" collection broken down into four card boxes. Just lacks anything new or interesting.
That literally is what the product is. Some guy purchased a bunch of stuff on E-Bay, wrapped it up in boxes and then charged twice the amount that he paid to make a profit. Anybody could go and do this. I would also be weary of these "redemptions". There is nothing original about this product at all.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #199
nikpounder

There was a mention of "rules" for this product earlier and I checked the sponsoring company's website. It mentions:

"As well giving you a shot to be listed on the “Top 10 Leader Board” listed daily on Sports Cards Price Guide Subscriptions, Values, Trading, Organize | Beckett.com which will be updated weekly"

and

"While an overall leader board will be kept for the Grand Prize Award Ceremony on www.beckett.com."

Doesn't that sound like Beckett.com is endorsing this product?
nikpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #200
Friarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpounder View Post
Doesn't that sound like Beckett.com is endorsing this product?
No - it sounds like they plan to use the Beckett forum boards to keep their tally..and so what if some people misread that and think there working with Beckett? Nothing shady there, right?
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote