AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Notices

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Post your MMA Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #51
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post
Or one could say...mayweather has the brains not to get into the Octagon. McGregor does not have the brains to realize he can't beat mayweather in the ring.
Again Mayweather doesn't have the ability to man up.

Watched more boxing than MMA and neutral to Floyd, but give McGregor his due for stepping up

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #52
ClickWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Again Mayweather doesn't have the ability to man up.

Watched more boxing than MMA and neutral to Floyd, but give McGregor his due for stepping up
Yeah, i think a lot of men would really struggle to 'step up' for 100 million dollars LOL!

Yeah give all the credit in the world to McGregor for accepting this 100 million dollar paycheck.

Very tough position to be in for him.
ClickWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #53
hofcollector2

Mayweather getting in the octagon is not the same as McGregor getting in the boxing ring. If the roles were reversed and Mayweather had the MMA skills, McGregor would not get the octagon either. Even though McGregor knows he may get owned he also knows that boxing is not as brutal as MMA. Only so many ways to get hurt in boxing while in MMA there are a multitude of ways. Boxing is safer and bigger payday.

Last edited by hofcollector2; 07-17-2017 at 11:55 AM.
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #54
ClickWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofcollector2 View Post
Mayweather getting in the octagon is not the same as McGregor getting in the boxing ring. If the rolls were reversed and Mayweather had the MMA skills, McGregor would not get the octagon either. Even though McGregor knows he may get owned he also knows that boxing is not as brutal as MMA. Only so many ways to get hurt in boxing while in MMA there are a multitude of ways. Boxing is safer and bigger payday.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/s...or-boxing.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0411d3070c8d6

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/11/...erous-than-mma

Better yet:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what...w=1366&bih=676

Wrong.

Last edited by ClickWins; 07-16-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #55
irfuji

Quote:
Mayweather getting in the octagon is not the same as McGregor getting in the boxing ring. If the rolls were reversed and Mayweather had the MMA skills, McGregor would not get the octagon either. Even though McGregor knows he may get owned he also knows that boxing is not as brutal as MMA. Only so many ways to get hurt in boxing while in MMA there are a multitude of ways. Boxing is safer and bigger payday.
Umm...

Yeah no.

There's one main reason boxing is significantly more dangerous and drastically more likely to cause permanent brain injury, especially over time.

The standing 8 count and 3 knock down rule means you have a fighter that, more often than not (taking out slips and what not), has already taken a significant injury to the brain. The repeated nature of boxing, which allows a fighter to continue fighting, is what make it much more dangerous.

Sorry, but this is one of the most uneducated posts I've seen on here. MMA is not more dangerous than boxing.

But I will agree that it is 100% a bigger payday.
irfuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #56
ClickWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfuji View Post
Umm...

Yeah no.

There's one main reason boxing is significantly more dangerous and drastically more likely to cause permanent brain injury, especially over time.

The standing 8 count and 3 knock down rule means you have a fighter that, more often than not (taking out slips and what not), has already taken a significant injury to the brain. The repeated nature of boxing, which allows a fighter to continue fighting, is what make it much more dangerous.

Sorry, but this is one of the most uneducated posts I've seen on here. MMA is not more dangerous than boxing.

I thought it went without saying but apparently that's not the case!
Old 07-17-2017, 02:32 AM   #57
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Umm...

Yeah no.

I think he was referring to a one time deal in this case.

Long term, boxing is a very brutal and taxing sport. See: Muhammad Ali.

But for Connor to take a single fight for 100 mill...I think that's a lot easier than for Floyd to do the same except in a UFC ring. The chances of Floyd sustaining a serious face, leg or arm injury (perhaps even snapping or breaking bones) I'd think is much higher than Connor sustaining some freak head injury off 12 or less rounds of sanctioned boxing with padded gloves.

Kickboxing? Different story.

It's amazing the trajectory Connor's career took in such little time. Basically went from being homeless with just a little under $500 to his name to being on the verge of having a net worth within 9 digits in the course of 4 years.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:05 AM   #58
ClickWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

But for Connor to take a single fight for 100 mill...I think that's a lot easier than for Floyd to do the same except in a UFC ring. The chances of Floyd sustaining a serious face, leg or arm injury (perhaps even snapping or breaking bones) I'd think is much higher than Connor sustaining some freak head injury off 12 or less rounds of sanctioned boxing with padded gloves.

It's amazing the trajectory Connor's career took in such little time. Basically went from being homeless with just a little under $500 to his name to being on the verge of having a net worth within 9 digits in the course of 4 years.
Padded gloves are the reason boxing is more dangerous. No matter which way you spin it, boxing is the more dangerous sport.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #59
hofcollector2

Quote:
Umm...

Yeah no.

I dint know McGregor was going to stay in boxing permanently?? I'm talking about a 1 fight deal. I understand the longevity of boxing and would could happen. Remember This isn't like Connor is fighting a heavy handed fighter. This is Mayweather we are talking about.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #60
hofcollector2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

Someone gets it, lol
Old 07-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #61
hofcollector2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickWins View Post
Padded gloves are the reason boxing is more dangerous. No matter which way you spin it, boxing is the more dangerous sport.
It this was Canelo or Triple G, heck even PAC man then I would kinda agree with you but as I said before he is fighting a show man not a knock out artist.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #62
RogerGodahell
Banned

How would you like to get punched in the head by Mike Tyson in his prime? I don't think it would feel very good...but then again i probably wouldn't feel it until i woke up.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #63
TRode

Are people really gonna buy this fight? Y'all know the highlights on Facebook and ESPN will show the full fight right? LOL!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:23 PM   #64
ClickWins

Quote:
It this was Canelo or Triple G, heck even PAC man then I would kinda agree with you but as I said before he is fighting a show man not a knock out artist.
Rofl, someone who cleary doesnt have any clue about boxing. Mayweather is arguably the best ever! You understand what boxing is? Knock out artists do boxers the favor of not being incredibly injured. Its the fighters like Mayweather that dont knock you out but repeatedly hit you that do damage.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:23 PM   #65
ClickWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRode View Post
Are people really gonna buy this fight? Y'all know the highlights on Facebook and ESPN will show the full fight right? LOL!
Yep, not worth it. Too many ways to see it for free.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #66
Dielon

If I was McGregor, I would at some point in this fight fake like I was going to kick to try to score a cheap knockout.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #67
Cervantes

The fighters Floyd has ''struggled'' with were pressure fighters, people who could and would bang on the inside, like Castillo, like Maidana.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:52 AM   #68
ClickWins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
The fighters Floyd has ''struggled'' with were pressure fighters, people who could and would bang on the inside, like Castillo, like Maidana.
Yes actual boxers, not MMA fighters who get outboxed by sparring partners.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #69
storm

Quote:
Mayweather getting in the octagon is not the same as McGregor getting in the boxing ring. If the roles were reversed and Mayweather had the MMA skills, McGregor would not get the octagon either. Even though McGregor knows he may get owned he also knows that boxing is not as brutal as MMA. Only so many ways to get hurt in boxing while in MMA there are a multitude of ways. Boxing is safer and bigger payday.
Sarcasm, right? Maybe? Hopefully?
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:39 AM   #70
cowboyzqna

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Sarcasm, right? Maybe? Hopefully?
Why? Boxing is much safer than MMA in this context.

Now if you want to argue that over the course of 20 years boxing is more dangerous... I would agree. The human brain is not meant to be rattled that much over and over again.

But a one fight deal? Floyd's knows he isn't going to get his arm ripped in half... there is zero chance Floyd would be competitive in an MMA match. None.

But in a boxing Match Connor has a puncher chance. He is going to lose the fight. He knows that. Everyone knows that. But he will be all smiles afterwords... maybe a little dented up and winded.... but definitely in a different tax bracket.

cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #71
sonnyday

Does anyone else see boxing as the classy, toe to toe, pugilistic artful sport and UFC as a bunch of millennials flailing their arms around?
sonnyday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #72
Cervantes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickWins View Post
Yes actual boxers, not MMA fighters who get outboxed by sparring partners.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #73
Franco
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post
Does anyone else see boxing as the classy, toe to toe, pugilistic artful sport and UFC as a bunch of millennials flailing their arms around?
John McCain, Is that you?
But seriously, anyone who thinks MMA is a is below boxing should take their boxing sunglasses off. Mixed martial arts is just that, mixed martial arts. Boxing is one of them, but there are a handful of other arts which make up MMA.
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:26 PM   #74
RogerGodahell
Banned

I wonder how Bruce Lee would have done in MMA

RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:05 PM   #75
Stat Monsters

This is going to be like the WWE...

McGregor will try to box in the spirit of the gentleman's sport playing by the rules, and will land a few good punches but Mayweather will play defense and frustrate McGregor, to the point where McGregor will land solid illegal blows to Mayweather and get disqualified.

McGregor and Mayweather will have a post fight scuffle in the ring, and in the post-fight interviews Mayweather will accept the challenge to fight McGregor no-holds-barred in the octagon by MMA rules for the rematch.

Boxing and MMA are so similar to Pro Wresting at times with seemingly scripted and fixed outcomes, this is what "getting paid" will probably look like.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote