Feeling duped yet?
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #77
MetDude

All in all, Kudos to you, Houdini.

however, this could use an edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
This member never shipped my cards and I had to file with Paypal.

This is incorrect:

You are a jerk and the Yankees suck anyway!
as both points are indeed correct.

55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #78
Cactuspies

bumparooooooooo this is getting burried
Patriots 5 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: 62 members on ignore
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #79
ajscards101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
bumparooooooooo this is getting burried
It is sticky now
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #80
Cactuspies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
It is sticky now
what'da know. you are right sir. maybe i'll report myself for being dumb I was going through subscribed threads and couldn't figure out why this was not getting bumped or more postings
Patriots 5 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: 62 members on ignore
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #81
houdini
admin

I added this section to the op:

How do I report threads/posts/messages?

Reporting messages and posts sends a copy to all mods. When you report a message, it sends an un-edited copy of that message to every mod.

So how do you report? Click the report icon () in the particular post that you want the mods to see. If it is an entire thread, report the op. You should also report the messages that back up your position. Did they message you to back out of a deal? Report that message! Did they message you and lie about shipping time or tracking (or whatever), report the message.

When you make a report, there is a section for your notes to the mods. You can say, this is where he backs out of our deal or this is where they lie about shipping, etc.

The report icon () is located bottom left in all posts and top right in all received personal messages.
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #82
Mikegioseffi

Location: From Boston but married southern bell so I'm stuck in Nashville

hopefully someone here can help,
how do i change feedback from a positive to negative?
guy paid asap so i left positive, only to get hit with a chargeback. the guy left me pos feedback and has posted the card in B/S/T area so i know he got it.
i would like to leave NEG to warn others.
do i just add a NEG or do i change the POS to NEG, and if so how??
thanks for help.
Brady contenders auto bgs 8.5/10
Mikegioseffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #83
theacox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegioseffi View Post
hopefully someone here can help,
how do i change feedback from a positive to negative?
guy paid asap so i left positive, only to get hit with a chargeback. the guy left me pos feedback and has posted the card in B/S/T area so i know he got it.
i would like to leave NEG to warn others.
do i just add a NEG or do i change the POS to NEG, and if so how??
thanks for help.
I'm not sure that you can change feedback, but your best bet is to contact a mod, if you haven't already. Don't leave a 2nd feedback for the same transaction, as I believe that is against forum rules.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:39 PM   #84
houdini
admin

I am going to make this official after I go through with a few edits.

One thing I will be adding based on a suggestion in a thread today is that a callout thread must include all parties usernames.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #85
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I am going to make this official after I go through with a few edits.

One thing I will be adding based on a suggestion in a thread today is that a callout thread must include all parties usernames.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:55 AM   #86
HYPTZEMDSTRPLES

Never mind. I guess this thread isn’t for eBay transactions.

Last edited by HYPTZEMDSTRPLES; 08-15-2018 at 12:59 AM.
HYPTZEMDSTRPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #87
houdini
admin

I updated this section, I hope it helps.

When is a deal finalized?

-------------

EDIT 9/13/2018 - This section has created some confusion over the years about when a deal is finalized. On this forum, if you send an offer and it is accepted, you have a deal. If you post a card for sale in your thread, once I post that I will take it, we have a deal. You do have to use commonsense and decency too though. If a NBA rookie puts up 40pts in his first game tonight, you can't go to an old thread and try to claim cards priced prior - it is poor form. Just like I can't claim a Mike Trout auto for $25 from a thread posted in 2010. Also, time is a factor, if I send you my paypal info and you ignore me for a whole day, then I might just sell to someone else.

I think a good practice is to set some ground rules in your b/s/t threads or even your signature. "You must claim in thread." "I might get a pm sale or eBay sale before I get a chance to update the thread, but otherwise first to claim gets the lot." "Any offer expires after 24hrs if you do not respond." "I work a 3-day shirt, so my responses may take a couple days."

Communication is really the key to any deal on this forum.

--------------

There are differing opinions here. I will post my thoughts and then add another view below.

A deal is only finalized when both parties agree.

If you are negotiating and the other party decides to deal with someone else, suck it up. You had no deal.

If I send you an offer, it is a deal once you accept. However, that assumes this all transpires quickly. If you do not respond within 24 hrs, the deal may no longer exist. By the time you finally respond, I may have already sold the item. It happens. (This assumes no timetable has been established.)

I post a sale thread and you post "I will take it," we have a deal. However, please understand that sometimes items are sold via pm or on eBay before the op has had time to update their thread.

HINT: Always try to include when you are going to pay and when/how you are going to ship. If something changes, communicate! Most deals go bad due to poor communication.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #88
glen87

three day shirts are good
Old 09-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #89
bdkane721

Houdini, thank you for your thread, it was very helpful in my situation but I still have a question/issue to post which I hope will get your opinion. I'll try to explain it as best as I can.

I purchased a single card from a seller on Blowout for $70 in which I asked him to send pictures and/or scans so I can see it. He did not provide scans or photos in the original thread. He sent me both scans and photos of the card. All of them looked fine, but I can't always trust photos and scans, so I asked the seller to characterize the condition of the card.

In his words from the PM he sent me: "Just emailed you higher resolution pics with my phone. Take a look and let me know what you think. I've never graded a card but the edges and corners look great to me, sharp with no whiteness (black borders are always an issue) and sharp corners. Hopefully, the pics I sent you via email are better for you."

When I received the card, which was packaged very nicely and well protected, two of the corners were slightly rounded and had whiteness. I contacted the seller immediately and asked for a return/refund. He refused. I started a claim on PayPal and at this time, PayPal has not given us their decision. In my claim through PayPal, I lowered my demand to a 20% refund to account for the misleading and damage on the card. Something I feel is very warranted. The Seller issued a statement to PayPal that he is sticking to his claim out of principle that the card is worth the money I paid.

In short, he's implying I'm being dishonest and will not honor my request. Does this warrant neutral or negative feedback? I'm nervous he will retaliate with negative feedback as well, even though he has already left me positive feedback for the transaction at the time I paid him. Thank you for your opinions.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #90
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkane721 View Post
Houdini, thank you for your thread, it was very helpful in my situation but I still have a question/issue to post which I hope will get your opinion. I'll try to explain it as best as I can.

I purchased a single card from a seller on Blowout for $70 in which I asked him to send pictures and/or scans so I can see it. He did not provide scans or photos in the original thread. He sent me both scans and photos of the card. All of them looked fine, but I can't always trust photos and scans, so I asked the seller to characterize the condition of the card.

In his words from the PM he sent me: "Just emailed you higher resolution pics with my phone. Take a look and let me know what you think. I've never graded a card but the edges and corners look great to me, sharp with no whiteness (black borders are always an issue) and sharp corners. Hopefully, the pics I sent you via email are better for you."

When I received the card, which was packaged very nicely and well protected, two of the corners were slightly rounded and had whiteness. I contacted the seller immediately and asked for a return/refund. He refused. I started a claim on PayPal and at this time, PayPal has not given us their decision. In my claim through PayPal, I lowered my demand to a 20% refund to account for the misleading and damage on the card. Something I feel is very warranted. The Seller issued a statement to PayPal that he is sticking to his claim out of principle that the card is worth the money I paid.

In short, he's implying I'm being dishonest and will not honor my request. Does this warrant neutral or negative feedback? I'm nervous he will retaliate with negative feedback as well, even though he has already left me positive feedback for the transaction at the time I paid him. Thank you for your opinions.
asking, or in this case, "DEMANDING" a partial refund is generally not something that is accepted. either you like the card or not.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #91
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
asking, or in this case, "DEMANDING" a partial refund is generally not something that is accepted. either you like the card or not.
I agree, most of the time when a buyer demands a partial it sets off a huge red flag.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #92
bdkane721

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I agree, most of the time when a buyer demands a partial it sets off a huge red flag.
Well, I'm not "DEMANDING" a refund, I'm asking if the seller would agree to it. Given that the seller told me something about the card that was misleading on it's condition, I feel that it's warranted here, just like any other site you might buy something. I don't think it's a requirement, so the Seller can say "no" which is what is the case here. I'm just asking if the Seller misleading the Buyer warrants a negative or neutral feedback.

Last edited by bdkane721; 09-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.
bdkane721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:10 PM   #93
shrevecity

Quote:
Well, I'm not "DEMANDING" a refund, I'm asking if the seller would agree to it. Given that the seller told me something about the card that was misleading on it's condition, I feel that it's warranted here, just like any other site you might buy something. I don't think it's a requirement, so the Seller can say "no" which is what is the case here. I'm just asking if the Seller misleading the Buyer warrants a negative or neutral feedback.
From your post..

I lowered my demand to a 20% refund.

So you admit you are demanding it there but are now saying you are asking for it.

Last edited by shrevecity; 09-17-2018 at 09:17 PM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #94
glen87

Quote:
maybe you should start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #95
bdkane721

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
maybe you should start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
Relax, I was just asking for advice and you gave it to me. I used the word "demand" incorrectly in my post, so I'm sorry.

Last edited by bdkane721; 09-18-2018 at 04:31 PM.
bdkane721 is online now   Reply With Quote