Blowout Cards Forums
This just in

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 07-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
frozenntimesports
Inactive Account

Default COMC National Promo

Any word on what, if any promo, there is going to be for the national? I've got a stack of stuff waiting for a promo.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
Swipe79

Been asking for a few weeks - they mentioned it prior to the July 4th weekend. They better get their act together as the National is only a few weeks away and people bring their submission to the show. I have a bunch of stuff I am waiting on to see if it is worth waiting to fill a box or just send it in...I think a lot of people are in the same boat.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
chezball

I posted in the announcement and sent them an e-mail.The e-mail was this past Fri. asking if it's going to be before or after the National. If I hear from them I'll let you guys know.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
integrity8

Interested in knowing to....I previously asked and they said there's usually one 660 count box full of cards for $75 when you attend Nationals. Also allowed to send one in to their office for same price. AND NOTHING YET!!!!
Old 07-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by integrity8 View Post
Interested in knowing to....I previously asked and they said there's usually one 660 count box full of cards for $75 when you attend Nationals. Also allowed to send one in to their office for same price. AND NOTHING YET!!!!
Last year it was 550 count box for $77.Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #6
byronscott4ever

It seems the National special gets a little less special each year
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #7
chezball

This is the e-mail I got from comc.

Nathan Richards, Jul 13, 15:38:
Hello Charles,
Thank you for contacting us. This is going to happen before the National. We will post about it this week.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Communication Manager, COMC
Old 07-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
Casebreaker

Hello COMC Nation!

The National Sports Collectors Convention is right around the corner, so we know you all have been waiting with anticipation. As is our time honored tradition, the National brings with it a COMC Promotion, generally one with a repeating number theme. This year is no exception.

There is no need to wait any longer. Now that the details have all been hammered out, we’re ready to share them with you! We wanted to do something special for all of the people who use our site - our buyers and sellers. We’ve found that one great way to make buyers happy is to provide the best selection of items. And one great way to make sellers happy is to provide them with happy buyers.

So this year we’re trying something new. At the National we are going to be handing out coupons with scratch tickets with prizes ranging from $3 off shipping, to $5 or $10 of COMC store credit.

National redemption card_ScratchSide

Some coupons will even have a secret multiplier to add even more credit to the account when redeemed. For those who can’t make it to the National, don’t worry because we will be adding these coupons to the first 10,000 packages we ship out starting August 1st.
And to make sure that buyers have the best selection of cards to choose from, we're offering a National Processing Special. Instead of dropping out the floor of our Basic processing service, we’re offering a service to help get better cards up sooner.

3 Week, 300 ct box, 30¢ per card.

Untitled
If you don't have a 300 count box, measure out a single row of cards that's 5 inches long.

The special will start on July 29th to kick off the National.

Orders mailed in must be postmarked by August 31st.
Use the Submission Wizard to notify us of the submission.

Limit ONE 300 count box per person.

Single row, no jammed in minis, nothing in the sides or laid on top.

These cards will be processed with a 3 week due date.

Items sent in using the National Special will not be subject to Item Upgrade fees.

Packages that are sent in for the National Special, but do not meet these guidelines, will be processed at our Basic service level.

For those of you who will be in Chicago for the National, you can drop your cards off at the COMC Booth to avoid any of those extra shipping costs. We'll be booth 648. Our friends in Canada can also take advantage of this special by sending their submissions to our office in Burnaby.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #9
DalliLlama11

One thing I am curious about for the promo is if you get the $3 off shipping or whatever, is there going to be an expiration date? Obviously it will be free for the standard shipping, but will I be able to hold it until I get to 100 cards get the $5 credit as well as the free shipping, so I can basically save $3 off my order? I know it's not a lot, but just curious because I dont have a lot waiting and probably won't til NFL season starts, so it wouldn't be enticing in that case, otherwise the scratch off is a cool idea imo.

Edit: I also see they are offering scratch offs for the first 10,000 shipments. Just curious what is to stop me from buying a super cheap card and paying $3 shipping on multiple separate orders in hopes of getting several $10 scratch offs. I would be risking .25 for the chance at $5, $10 coupons or credit "multipliers".

Last edited by DalliLlama11; 07-14-2015 at 06:52 PM.
DalliLlama11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
RanaudoFan

Hey, if someone going to the National wants to pick up a stack of those scratch cards, I'd take one!