Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 09-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
rebelpawn

Default Another ebay bidder to block....

Probably should have expected this but just sold a lot of Acuna Heritage High Number cards and yup 30 seconds after the auction ended... Sends a cancelation request...

d-backfan25
Old 09-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
chippv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelpawn View Post
Probably should have expected this but just sold a lot of Acuna Heritage High Number cards and yup 30 seconds after the auction ended... Sends a cancelation request...

d-backfan25
Might as well block him here. He is a member
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uFMlvUOFjoLyQK

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
allstarauction

He has done the same to me in the past as well.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
Bowman1951

I PM'ed him this link to see if he has anything to say...
Bowman1951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
azbaseballfan

I apologize for cancelling my bid. It was a stupid mistake on my part, I saw the auction with a minute left, saw the first photo and assumed all 5 cards were the same (no inserts)

As soon as i realized my mistake I cancelled order. Iíve never cancelled an eBay order before so @allstarauction - please, Iíd love to see you share proof of cancellation with us all

OP send me your address and who you collect and Iíll do my best to compensate you for your wasted time.

Just a final note, I have been a member of the eBay community, Beckett, FCB, and now BO, some for as many as 10 years, and have 100% feedback everywhere Iíve gone. If you want to block me, free country, but you arenít blocking a scammer like you may think.
azbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
CardBoard4Life
Banned

I'm not sure what the block worthy offense was. He just canceled. People cancel orders all the time. You are the seller, you are the business, returns/cancellations are a part of doing business. Calling out people who are trying to get one over on you as part of a scam is good, eBay tattle telling is not.
CardBoard4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardBoard4Life View Post
I'm not sure what the block worthy offense was. He just canceled. People cancel orders all the time. You are the seller, you are the business, returns/cancellations are a part of doing business. Calling out people who are trying to get one over on you as part of a scam is good, eBay tattle telling is not.
And another to add to my BBL from this thread. While it does happen does notmean it should not be called out and people blocked for it.

Yikes at those DSRs.

Last edited by shrevecity; 09-14-2018 at 01:38 PM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #8
azbaseballfan

Quote:
Exactly - eBay allows the buyer to cancel an order, it is not against the rules. People who take advantage of it are an issue. But in my situation, it's the first time I've ever cancelled an order in 12 years using eBay... Block me if you'd like, but you are just blocking potential business.

Last edited by azbaseballfan; 09-14-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
CardBoard4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
And another to add to my BBL from this thread. While it does happen does notmean it should not be called out and people blocked for it.

Yikes at those DSRs.
NO anything, ANYTHING but that! Ahhhhahahahaha
Old 09-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #10
CardBoard4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbaseballfan View Post
Exactly - eBay allows the buyer to cancel an order, it is not against the rules. People who take advantage of it are an issue. But in my situation, it's the first time I've ever cancelled an order in 12 years using eBay... Block me if you'd like, but you are just blocking potential business.
My issue is he is using a scammer-esque style announcement...to announce he is annoyed/disappointed. This IMO is worse than a simple cancelled order.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #11
azbaseballfan

Quote:
My issue is he is using a scammer-esque style announcement...to announce he is annoyed/disappointed. This IMO is worse than a simple cancelled order.
I agree 100%
Old 09-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #12
cardmole

Quote:
This is not block worthy. I respect az coming in here and defending himself.
cardmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
rebelpawn

Never said azbaseballfan was a scammer in any way. If other people here look at it differently, then that's their prerogative. I kept it short and factual. Az could have sent me a note through ebay explaining the situation (and I wish he would have) but never did. He could have taken a second longer to look at the three pictures in the auction, could have read though the description, could have done any of these things but didn't.

To me this is a forum to alert other collectors of issue that have arisen on ebay with buyers, as others have done for me. I'm sure AZ is a great guy and he defended himself after I shared a negative experience, and I certainly don't begrudge him that. However, I try to be reasonable, that's why I agreed to cancel the auction and relisted.

AZ- I'm appreciate your gesture but you don't need to make anything up to me and it's nothing personal, I only posted as I would have done with any other buyer, to share the experience with the community here. If others choose not to block you that's fine, it's just that our transaction didn't work out well.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #14
bighunt172

azbaseball has always been fair to me
bighunt172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #15
PeteD

What i hate is the buyer asking YOU to cancel
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #16
notoriousrmb

Wrong section.
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #17
psd2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbaseballfan View Post
I apologize for cancelling my bid. It was a stupid mistake on my part, I saw the auction with a minute left, saw the first photo and assumed all 5 cards were the same (no inserts)

As soon as i realized my mistake I cancelled order. Iíve never cancelled an eBay order before so @allstarauction - please, Iíd love to see you share proof of cancellation with us all

OP send me your address and who you collect and Iíll do my best to compensate you for your wasted time.

Just a final note, I have been a member of the eBay community, Beckett, FCB, and now BO, some for as many as 10 years, and have 100% feedback everywhere Iíve gone. If you want to block me, free country, but you arenít blocking a scammer like you may think.
right but you forgot one thing: your mistake, your consequence. pay the man and learn so that you don't repeat the same mistake.
psd2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #18
CardBoard4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd2k10 View Post
right but you forgot one thing: your mistake, your consequence. pay the man and learn so that you don't repeat the same mistake.
A little late for grumpy dad advice, the open auction ends in 5 hours.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #19
Halebop

D-back25 also bought two 2018 Topps sp Acunas from me only to request a refund three days after received for minor corner wear. He claimed information about the corners was not mentioned in the description, but it clearly was.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #20
CardBoard4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
D-back25 also bought two 2018 Topps sp Acunas from me only to request a refund three days after received for minor corner wear. He claimed information about the corners was not mentioned in the description, but it clearly was.
What kind of description to go along with what kind of picture? I've returned cards where something was "mentioned" too. Sellers can make cards look all kinds of ways. Actually it doesn't really matter because again, it is a simple return, when you do business on eBay returns happen.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #21
vwnut13

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post
He has done the same to me in the past as well.
Are you still using your alternate eBay accounts to send fake offers on your own items in an attempt to drive up the price?
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote