• Yoni Limor
  • James Linares
  • Alex Patrick Merrill
  • Ashleigh Popplewell
  • Rhiannon Owens
  • Josh Trout
  • Joshua Werner
Awesome list so far.

Is there going to be a list of particular artists from which one will be a box hit like in the previous release?
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #102
Jakecg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Space Series 2 Artist list - Updated regularly, many more to come:
  • Jeff Abar
  • James Bukauskas
  • Neil Camera
  • Ted Dastick Jr.
  • George Deep
  • Jenn DePaola
  • Jay Durden
  • Bruce Gerlach
  • Daniel Gorman
  • Sharon Gauthier
  • Ingrid Hardy
  • Chris Henderson
  • Laura Inglis
  • Gary Kezele
  • Yoni Limor
  • James Linares
  • Alex Patrick Merrill
  • Ashleigh Popplewell
  • Rhiannon Owens
  • Josh Trout
  • Joshua Werner
I am surprised to see Kezele’s name. It’s a very long story, but I would not count on him to do anything. In my personal experience (within the last year) and opinion he is a liar and a thief. And multiple other people on here have said the same thing about him. Seems like he has lost all morals as an artist and person in recent years. Good luck getting him to do anything. And to anybody who reads this and didn’t know: Do NOT buy commissions from him. He is the worst person me and my family have ever dealt with. I wouldn’t recommend him for commissions to anyone.
Jakecg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #103
eldavojohn

Send a message via Skype™ to eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakecg11 View Post
I am surprised to see Kezele’s name. It’s a very long story, but I would not count on him to do anything. In my personal experience (within the last year) and opinion he is a liar and a thief. And multiple other people on here have said the same thing about him. Seems like he has lost all morals as an artist and person in recent years. Good luck getting him to do anything. And to anybody who reads this and didn’t know: Do NOT buy commissions from him. He is the worst person me and my family have ever dealt with. I wouldn’t recommend him for commissions to anyone.
I'm sorry you had bad experiences with him. I recall him being nice and cordial in conversations and dealing but this was back in 2013-ish.

Out of curiosity (and I don't know the details of your problems so please do not confuse me with defending him), have you had any other dealings with any other artists in the sketch world doing commissions?

In general I've experienced waiting until prices are low, putting in an order and then waiting 3-5 years to get my sketches in the mail. I currently am awaiting 6x magazine covers (I think) from two artists that are still active on the forum. Yes, that's just what comes with buying from and working with artists IMHO. Note: I do not mean to offend anyone or apologize for anything anyone has done, just curious if the expectations were realistic.

Edit: I just recalled ordering a ton of Space I APs from Joshua Werner who turned them around surprisingly fast so I should clarify that the 3-5 years was typical only for larger works (magazine covers, a massive David Bowie piece, etc).

Last edited by eldavojohn; 08-13-2018 at 01:24 PM.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:50 PM   #104
Jakecg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I'm sorry you had bad experiences with him. I recall him being nice and cordial in conversations and dealing but this was back in 2013-ish.

Out of curiosity (and I don't know the details of your problems so please do not confuse me with defending him), have you had any other dealings with any other artists in the sketch world doing commissions?

In general I've experienced waiting until prices are low, putting in an order and then waiting 3-5 years to get my sketches in the mail. I currently am awaiting 6x magazine covers (I think) from two artists that are still active on the forum. Yes, that's just what comes with buying from and working with artists IMHO. Note: I do not mean to offend anyone or apologize for anything anyone has done, just curious if the expectations were realistic.

Edit: I just recalled ordering a ton of Space I APs from Joshua Werner who turned them around surprisingly fast so I should clarify that the 3-5 years was typical only for larger works (magazine covers, a massive David Bowie piece, etc).
No offense at all, and I think I understand where you are coming from. I have gotten commissions from different artists for large artwork, comic covers, and sketch cards. I only commission artists if it can be done by a specific date. I will pay up front, 50/50, or at the end as long as it is paypal goods and with my credit card. If an artist says they can't get it done by the date I need, I kindly say thank you for their time and don't commission them. Pretty much all of my commissions are gifts for my family so I need them done by certain dates. I rarely commission anything for myself. I don't personally have any experience with artists who need years like you mentioned. 3-5 years seems insane to me. Hopefully that was quoted to you upfront because otherwise it sounds to me like you are never getting that art.

I think it is totally ok if an artist says your commission will take 3 years up front and it takes that long. I just have a problem with an artist saying it will be done by a certain date, and then missing that date with no notice. There are of course exceptions because of health and family because life happens.

As for Kezele, he wanted all the money up front as paypal gift, would not accept goods, (learned our lesson on that one), quoted a time frame (few weeks), and all of the cards were either completely finished or more than 50% done in initial images he showed us. Therefore, the relatively short initial time frame quoted was more than reasonable.

I plan on detailing out the whole Kezele story in my thread I started a while back on Jim Kyle (he still owes me my artwork): https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1197400

I just haven't gotten around to it because it was such an ordeal I didn't feel like typing it all out. I didn't mean to sidetrack the excitement about this cool new set, but I just saw his name here and felt is was important to caution everybody.
Jakecg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #105
eldavojohn

Quote:
No offense at all, and I think I understand where you are coming from. I have gotten commissions from different artists for large artwork, comic covers, and sketch cards. I only commission artists if it can be done by a specific date. I will pay up front, 50/50, or at the end as long as it is paypal goods and with my credit card. If an artist says they can't get it done by the date I need, I kindly say thank you for their time and don't commission them. Pretty much all of my commissions are gifts for my family so I need them done by certain dates. I rarely commission anything for myself. I don't personally have any experience with artists who need years like you mentioned. 3-5 years seems insane to me. Hopefully that was quoted to you upfront because otherwise it sounds to me like you are never getting that art.

I think it is totally ok if an artist says your commission will take 3 years up front and it takes that long. I just have a problem with an artist saying it will be done by a certain date, and then missing that date with no notice. There are of course exceptions because of health and family because life happens.

As for Kezele, he wanted all the money up front as paypal gift, would not accept goods, (learned our lesson on that one), quoted a time frame (few weeks), and all of the cards were either completely finished or more than 50% done in initial images he showed us. Therefore, the relatively short initial time frame quoted was more than reasonable.

I plan on detailing out the whole Kezele story in my thread I started a while back on Jim Kyle (he still owes me my artwork): https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1197400

I just haven't gotten around to it because it was such an ordeal I didn't feel like typing it all out. I didn't mean to sidetrack the excitement about this cool new set, but I just saw his name here and felt is was important to caution everybody.
Well, again, I'm sorry to hear that. I do, however, personally come to understand that the nature of this hobby is basically waiting waiting waiting. It sucks and you paid good money I'm sure. Basically when an artist offers a sketch for $20-$30, I understand that that usually means "Whenever I get the time in between large projects, I will work on these." But yeah if I ponied up $100-$300 for a single piece, I'd want to know when it's arriving.

I wish I could share names and details with you but I think I want to do more business with the people who took years to get me the underpriced sketches.

My personal advice would be to only do business with the artists that have honored your time requests.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #106
ViceroyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Awesome list so far.

Is there going to be a list of particular artists from which one will be a box hit like in the previous release?
Yeah, we're planning on doing that this time around. There will be a "at least one of these artists per box (12 packs)" list. We'll probably put it out closer to release, or when we put out the hit rates for other rare inserts.

Quote:
I am surprised to see Kezele’s name.
-We're aware of issues with various artists when it comes to commissions, and follow the forum threads and Facebook groups that detail those issues. Our policy is to work with an artist until such a time when those issues pop up for us as well. So far only David Day has stiffed us, kept his blanks, and refused to return them. Obviously it's a bit different on our end, as we can absorb an artist not completing their 25 card agreement in a set with 1000+ sketches. That also means we're a little more flexible with that initial trust. It's much more difficult to give that trust as an individual commissioner of art when you may only purchase a handful of high end pieces a year. So in that case, it makes sense to vet artists more thoroughly for past issues.

-We're opening some additional pre-orders for a short time on our website for those that did not want to use Kickstarter. The pre-orders are currently for US orders only. We'll open international pre-orders a bit later, once we have exact product weights for shipping purposes. We've had quite a few orders, so we'll cut it off once it gets too close to our limits and to allow for international orders and Blowout Cards allotment.

-Also if you pledged via Kickstarter, don't forget to create an account on the website and get your bonus reward points added to that account.

-We'll also have cases available for group breaks sold via Blowout at some point closer to release. Case breaks should be fun since there will be 8 over-sized box toppers (2 per box, 4 box case) and possibly an additional over-sized case topper.

-Since someone asked, ALL sketches are packaged in Sketch Packs. Those sketch packs are then inserted into Hobby Packs, or shipped as Sketch Only Packs. Every sketch created for the set will be available to pull no matter which format you buy. Sketch Packs inside Hobby Packs will be sealed themselves, so technically you could order Hobby Packs and keep the Sketch Pack sealed and unopened if you wanted.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #107
EvanD

I loved Insectae and the Deep, buying a case of each. In fact, I think I got the best card from the entire production, the Glebe Brothers Bee sketch.

I'll be getting another case of this on pre-order. So glad you're back!

Wow! What a luck!

Last edited by EvanD; 08-14-2018 at 04:11 PM.
EvanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #108
ViceroyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanD View Post
I loved Insectae and the Deep, buying a case of each. In fact, I think I got the best card from the entire production, the Glebe Brothers Bee sketch.
That was one of our favorites as well!
Old 08-28-2018, 12:46 AM   #109
ViceroyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Will the sketch cards be the same 100pt letterpressed style as previous Viceroy sets?
Yep! We didn't include that info in the Kickstarter because we were still looking at a variety of options at the time. But yes, the sketch cards will again be hand printed using vintage letterpress machinery on super thick card stock.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #110
Portlaw

Quote:
Yeah, we're planning on doing that this time around. There will be a "at least one of these artists per box (12 packs)" list. We'll probably put it out closer to release, or when we put out the hit rates for other rare inserts.
Awesome, I loved that dynamic in the previous release!

It's early yet but if anybody does pull anything Jupiter and are looking to part with it please hit me up
Old 09-17-2018, 09:27 PM   #111
ViceroyCards

Quick update! Sketch cards are printed and on their way to the artists.

We'll have an updated artist list soon. Attached is a sneak peek at the card back design. Once again the cards were printed by hand on extra thick 72pt card stock, using vintage letter press machinery.

A few additional notes:
  • Some artists will be doing a few 3.5" x 5" over sized sketch cards that will be Hobby Box toppers. These are 2-card uncut 'puzzles'. We'll provide the quantity of those cards closer to release.

• In addition to the over sized cards, there will be 8 total 5" x 7" jumbo sketch cards added as Hobby Case toppers. These are 4-card uncut sheets, and they will only be available as case topper hits by purchasing a sealed case, or participating in a case group break.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cards2.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	430894  
Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #112
Portlaw

Quote:
Quick update! Sketch cards are printed and on their way to the artists.

We'll have an updated artist list soon. Attached is a sneak peek at the card back design. Once again the cards were printed by hand on extra thick 72pt card stock, using vintage letter press machinery.

A few additional notes:
  • Some artists will be doing a few 3.5" x 5" over sized sketch cards that will be Hobby Box toppers. These are 2-card uncut 'puzzles'. We'll provide the quantity of those cards closer to release.

• In addition to the over sized cards, there will be 8 total 5" x 7" jumbo sketch cards added as Hobby Case toppers. These are 4-card uncut sheets, and they will only be available as case topper hits by purchasing a sealed case, or participating in a case group break.
Love the look of the print on the back of the cards

Just a quick question, does this mean there is a limit of 8 cases in case format or only 8 cases purchased in that format will have case toppers?
Old 09-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #113
eldavojohn

Quote:
These are 4-card uncut sheets, and they will only be available as case topper hits by purchasing a sealed case, or participating in a case group break.
Where are these group breaks at/going to be? Can you please post here when they become active?
Old 09-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #114
ViceroyCards

Quote:
Where are these group breaks at/going to be? Can you please post here when they become active?
Sure! Group breaks will be on Blowout, and we'll have more info on that a bit closer to release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
Love the look of the print on the back of the cards

Just a quick question, does this mean there is a limit of 8 cases in case format or only 8 cases purchased in that format will have case toppers?
There will be 8 cases with the large sketch case toppers, and then a few other cases with other over sized cards. The total print run for this set would allow for just over 20 cases, however, there will not be that many sealed cases as we sold a lot of individual packs and boxes via the Kickstarter.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #115
webjon

The sketch cards look really cool!
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #116
jadams

I'm super stoked to see Viceroy make a solid comeback. The company has been sorely missed in the sketchcard world.

I am however bummed to see multiple artists on that list who have screwed over collectors repeatedly. They are a blemish on the sketchcard community, and they should be blacklisted from participating in any upcoming releases. There are plenty of high quality artists that would LOVE to be a part of a Viceroy set that would knock it out of the park.

Ohhhhh I think I just came up with a new set idea for Viceory.

I can't wait to see how this set turns out. I'm sure it's going to be stellar!
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #117
ViceroyCards

Updated Space 2 artist list. 64 artists.
  • Jeff Abar
  • Jason Adams
  • Bob Adauto
  • Kristin Allen
  • Jennifer Allyn
  • Laura Atkinson
  • Andy Bohn
  • Jason Brower
  • Lee Brown
  • Clara Bujtor
  • James Bukauskas
  • Emma Burges
  • Neil Camera
  • Ted Dastick Jr.
  • Patrick Davis
  • George Deep
  • Jenn DePaola
  • Jay Durden
  • Madison Emerick
  • Chris Foreman
  • Sharon Gauthier
  • Bruce Gerlach
  • Rusty Gilligan
  • Fredd Gorham
  • Daniel Gorman
  • Jenni Gregory
  • Ingrid Hardy
  • Chris Henderson
  • Laura Inglis
  • Mike James
  • Tabitha Jensen
  • Jamie Joslyn
  • Gary Kezele
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Jayson Kretzer
  • Yoni Limor
  • James Linares
  • Neil Makohon
  • Jon Mangini
  • Laura Martin
  • Alex Patrick Merrill
  • Catherine Miller
  • Michael Munshaw
  • Rhiannon Owens
  • Marsha Parkins
  • Don Pedicini Jr
  • Jason Keith Phillips
  • John Pleak
  • Ashleigh Popplewell
  • Tim Proctor
  • April Reyna
  • Jamie Richards
  • Dave Sharpe
  • Ward Silverman
  • Matthew Stewart
  • Chris Thorne
  • Josh Trout
  • Brad Utterstrom
  • Ashley Villers
  • Jeff Ward
  • Joshua Werner
  • Trent Westbrook
  • Lin Workman
  • Clinton Yeager

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 10-31-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added to list
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #118
nick9819

cant wait for this out of this world set!!
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #119
ifish73

Quote:
I keep checking for it to show up on pre-sale. Love me some Viceroy!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #120
ViceroyCards

Couple updates:

We have a partial list of the artists creating box toppers sketches and case topper sketches for Space Series Two.

Box Toppers - 3.5" x 5" double sketch card size (2 cards uncut), there will be up to 45 of these total:
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Jason Adams
  • Josh Trout
  • Sharon Gauthier
  • Ingrid Hardy
  • Tim Proctor
  • Laura Inglis
  • Gary Kezele
  • Chris Henderson
  • Ted Dastick Jr.
  • Rhiannon Owens

Case Toppers - 5" x 7" quadruple sketch card size (4 cards uncut), there will be 9 of these:
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis (2)
  • Laura Inglis (2)
  • Gary Kezele (1)
  • Tim Proctor (2)
  • Rhiannon Owens (2)

Additionally, these artists have been recently added to the set:
  • Brad Utterstrom
  • Mike James
  • Neil Makohon
  • Emma Burges
  • Clara Bujtor
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Catherine Miller
  • Don Pedicini Jr
  • Lee Brown
  • Marsha Parkins
  • Andy Bohn
  • Laura Atkinson
  • Jon Mangini
  • Madison Emerick
  • Laura Martin
  • Jeff Ward

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 10-03-2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added artists
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #121
floater

Quote:
Couple updates:

We have a partial list of the artists creating box toppers sketches and case topper sketches for Space Series Two.

Box Toppers - 3.5" x 5" double sketch card size (2 cards uncut), there will be up to 45 of these total:
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Jason Adams
  • Josh Trout
  • Sharon Gauthier
  • Ingrid Hardy
  • Tim Proctor
  • Laura Inglis
  • Gary Kezele
  • Chris Henderson
  • Ted Dastick Jr.
  • Rhiannon Owens
(few more to be added)

Case Toppers - 5" x 7" quadruple sketch card size (4 cards uncut), there will be 9 of these:
  • Laura Inglis (2)
  • Gary Kezele (1)
  • Tim Proctor (2)
  • Rhiannon Owens (2)

• Brad Utterstrom
  • Mike James
  • Neil Makohon
  • Emma Burges
  • Clara Bujtor
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Catherine Miller
  • Don Pedicini Jr
  • Lee Brown
  • Marsha Parkins
  • Andy Bohn
  • Laura Atkinson
  • Jon Mangini
Some great artists in there!

Box and Case stopper sketches will be awesome as well

Can’t wait to bust my case
floater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #122
LBillustration

Whoop, so glad to be on the Artist list. I will be showing Work in Progress via my Facebook and instagram so please, if you want to follow it Add me up. Lee Brown on Facebook
And LB_illustrations on Instagram

Love the hype for this set
LBillustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #123
eldavojohn

Quote:
  • Laura Inglis (2)
  • Gary Kezele (1)
  • Tim Proctor (2)
  • Rhiannon Owens (2)
Oh man now I wish that I could have afforded a case instead of two boxes!!! That list is crazy!
Old 10-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #124
Jeyman
Banned - PBM

Hey Ryan sent you an email with a few samples. Wanted to know what the min. amount of cards was. Can only do 10 cards tops. If not here's hoping the sets successful.

Quote:
Couple updates:

• Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Jason Adams
  • Josh Trout
  • Sharon Gauthier
  • Ingrid Hardy
  • Tim Proctor
  • Laura Inglis
  • Gary Kezele
  • Chris Henderson
  • Ted Dastick Jr.
  • Rhiannon Owens
(few more to be added)

• Laura Inglis (2)
  • Gary Kezele (1)
  • Tim Proctor (2)
  • Rhiannon Owens (2)

• Brad Utterstrom
  • Mike James
  • Neil Makohon
  • Emma Burges
  • Clara Bujtor
  • Achilleas Kokkinakis
  • Catherine Miller
  • Don Pedicini Jr
  • Lee Brown
  • Marsha Parkins
  • Andy Bohn
  • Laura Atkinson
  • Jon Mangini
Jeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #125
ViceroyCards

Here's a sneak peek at our box topper set! This will be a 25 card set, with the cards being approximately 4.75" x 4.75" each. They are printed on a metallic card stock to give a cool silver effect, especially on the comet portions.

The set documents the European Space Agency Rosetta mission to Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko during the final stages of the 12 year mission.

Each hobby box will contain the full 25 card set as a bonus box topper. This is in addition to any other box toppers included, such as over sized sketch box toppers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1058.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	432565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1060.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	432566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.JPG
Views:	49