Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #126
kencope
Banned

Ahhh, so all cards that are printed are inserted in packs? Obviously NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
Obviously NO.

Or they would of been inserted by fleer not Kencope.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #127
free2131

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Obviously NO.

Or they would of been inserted by fleer not Kencope.
Putting aside your disdain for this particular person, do you think it would make a difference if these were cut by Fleer but held back as replacements for damaged cards that were pack inserted?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #128
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Does this have information that Ken advised Beckett about his particular Jambalaya submission, and then they said, yeah, what the heck, we'll grade them?
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #129
jt16

I wish I found a way to cut them. $$$$$$

I made a quick buck. Can't complain
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #130
free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Does this have information that Ken advised Beckett about his particular Jambalaya submission, and then they said, yeah, what the heck, we'll grade them?
It says that Beckett will grade cards from uncut sheets as long as they are the exact specifications of the same cards from the cut cards. Obviously I couldn't tell you if he actually told this to Beckett, but according to that correspondence it would be graded in that case.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #131
pingbling23

hopefully someone from beckett will chime in. i made a post on the beckett forum in the bgs section Sheet Cut Cards Getting Graded as Pack Pulled Ones? . i understand you made a post in a thread saying you were going to do this ken, if i recall there wasnt many post in it or views. but anyhow, you did go through with doing it and didnt let buyers know about them being sheet cut until the 16 page thread. is this false?
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #132
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Putting aside your disdain for this particular person, do you think it would make a difference if these were cut by Fleer but held back as replacements for damaged cards that were pack inserted?
These cards where not meant for public or Fleer would of handed them out , they where obtained via the auctions when Fleer went broke .

Guy's like Kencope will have you believe they where made for him to cut up and distribute as the real deal, and everyone should eat it .

I don't know some intellects on these forums astound me .
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #133
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
It says that Beckett will grade cards from uncut sheets as long as they are the exact specifications of the same cards from the cut cards. Obviously I couldn't tell you if he actually told this to Beckett, but according to that correspondence it would be graded in that case.
So is any if this Beckett talking, or just a bunch of valuable members saying it?

Or this a case of certain people saying they told Beckett, and they said yes, they'd grade it? Does Beckett grade these because they're not aware of the difference, or are people writing Beckett a "special", additional note along with their submission, going out if their way to inform Beckett about thus? And them beckett said okay? Yes sir, we will put our entire company on the line to grade sheet cut cards just for you...... Is that what Beckett is saying? Or is this here say by a few?

I'm really trying to understand this. Beckett would have to be totally useless if they're in in this.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #134
freethrowtommy

Quote:
As a replacement? No.

But this isn't the same as a replacement. This alters the print run as it adds more cards than the company originally intended. If there are meant to be 100 cards, there should be 100 cards. If a card was damaged and sent back, said card would be destroyed and a replacement sent, thus not altering the print run. If you cut up a sheet like Ken does, that makes 101.

I can't believe someone would need to explain that.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #135
free2131

Quote:
These cards where not meant for public or Fleer would of handed them out , they where obtained via the auctions when Fleer went broke .

Guy's like Kencope will have you believe they where made for him to cut up and distribute as the real deal, and everyone should eat it .

They were printed by Fleer though, correct?

If so, then why wouldn't it be okay (as long as the cards are identified as being different from the pack pulled inserts) for them to be sold?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #136
kencope
Banned

You don't know what Fleer intended any more than I do or anyone else does. What Fleer intended cannot be a factual statement used to support anyone's argument. It's simply your opinion and my opinion.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #137
kencope
Banned

Your argument is flawed. I, as well as several other people, recently received Andrew Luck Topps Chrome SSP rookie autos as replacements for other cards.

So, these were not inserted into packs and they added to the total population. All done by the company itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
As a replacement? No.

But this isn't the same as a replacement. This alters the print run as it adds more cards than the company originally intended. If there are meant to be 100 cards, there should be 100 cards. If a card was damaged and sent back, said card would be destroyed and a replacement sent, thus not altering the print run. If you cut up a sheet like Ken does, that makes 101.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #138
free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
As a replacement? No.

My whole premise in saying that I don't see an issue with these being sold is that they are identified as being cut from a sheet when sold.

Fleer's assets were sold in the bankruptcy sale, and items such as these sheets were among the items sold. Whether intended or not, they were put into the market as collectibles.

I guess I don't see a huge difference in selling these uncut sheets and cutting them up and selling them (again, with the information that these particular cards were cut up from a sheet and not inserted into packs).
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #139
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
You don't know what Fleer intended any more than I do or anyone else does. What Fleer intended cannot be a factual statement used to support anyone's argument. It's simply your opinion and my opinion.
And who are you ?

No one , nothing ,zip, who are you decide what fleer intended?

You went out and decided for yourself .
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #140
murrke03
Banned

So these cards weren't cut by manufacturer specifics?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #141
jt16

The sheets I got were part of the initial run. Fleer held them back because they wanted to do a second push of the product if sales were decent.

These sheets are part of the odds stated on the packs. This info comes from the guy I bought the sheets from. His dad worked there.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #142
kencope
Banned

Beckett isn't "in" on anything. There's no conspiracy, despite your burning desire for there to be one.

Beckett, along with many others, feel that there is no difference between cards cut from the sheet at the factory and those cut from the sheet by others, as long as they meet the same specifications.

This has been very common knowledge in the industry for over a decade. It's not a revelation.

You don't have to agree with them, and you can call them dirty names and say that they're useless because of it, but it's been widely known for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
So is any if this Beckett talking, or just a bunch of valuable members saying it?

Or this a case of certain people saying they told Beckett, and they said yes, they'd grade it? Does Beckett grade these because they're not aware of the difference, or are people writing Beckett a "special", additional note along with their submission, going out if their way to inform Beckett about thus? And them beckett said okay? Yes sir, we will put our entire company on the line to grade sheet cut cards just for you...... Is that what Beckett is saying? Or is this here say by a few?

I'm really trying to understand this. Beckett would have to be totally useless if they're in in this.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #143
jt16

Quote:
And who are you ?

No one , nothing ,zip, who are nyou decide what fleer intended?
He is the guy who made a smart decision and bought the sheets and cut them and made a lot money. He has done more then most of the people on here that bitch and cry about a hobby that is driven by the biggest scammers around the card companies themselves.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #144
kencope
Banned

I didn't decide what Fleer intended. I decided what I intended.

Again, with your personal attacks? Your arguments would carry just a little more weight with people if you stuck to facts instead of insults.

Quote:
And who are you ?

No one , nothing ,zip, who are you decide what fleer intended?

You went out and decided for yourself .
Old 11-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #145
kencope
Banned

English please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
So these cards weren't cut by manufacturer specifics?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #146
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
He is the guy who made a smart decision and bought the sheets and cut them and made a lot money. He has done more then most of the people on here that bitch and cry about a hobby that is driven by the biggest scammers around the card companies themselves.
I would rather be the guy to buy the uncut sheet, frame it in a beautiful frame, and display it proudly. Not cut them up, and destroy the Jambalaya in the process, with no concern for the hobby as a whole.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #147
murrke03
Banned

Quote:

Again, with your personal attacks? Your arguments would carry just a little more weight with people if you stuck to facts instead of insults.
This proves the scum you are. You are in it to profit off those who don't know better.

You have no idea what fleer intended. It's what you with arrogance intended.

You hide behind claims of 'oh fleer intended' 'oh these are cut to manufacturer specifics' yet those are all falsities. You just proved the scam and scum you are.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #148
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
English please?
It means your claims of 'cutting these to manufacturer specifics' is a bold faced lie.

You should be banned.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #149
nissandriver77
Banned

Quote:

Exactly YOU decided.

Like others have stated your the man.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #150
kencope
Banned

I don't think you're understanding what manufacturer specifications means, as I can't follow the logic in your comments. Again, please refrain from the insults if you want to have an actual conversation about the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
It means your claims of 'cutting these to manufacturer specifics' is a bold faced lie.

You should be banned.