Blowout Cards Forums
Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #1426
Saraste

A couple of years ago I said I was considering sending stuff in but was hesitant to do so due to the problems that they were having. Fast forward to now...My first submission of a few hundred cards has sitting here for 2-3 months waiting for me to actually send them out. Things like this make me just want to put them on ebay instead.

I would much prefer to send them in, but there are so many different fees that the percentage they take for their service should include the premise that they not actually damage cards. I understand accidents do happen and assumes the cards you send are not damaged when you send them. This is just like a hidden fee. A certain percentage of your order can expect to be damaged no matter how you send them. These are cards you cannot sell and take away from your bottom line.

Explain to me again why I should send them in?
Saraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:31 PM   #1427
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I used to be able to type out a wall of text extolling the virtues of COMC and did so many times but I would never encourage it now. I won't discourage it either though because your alternative is Ebay which is equally scary. The best thing you can say about COMC is that you won't be scammed by buyers. In fact, that is now the only good thing I can come up with.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #1428
phosgene

because they will sell and it a lot easier
i was in the same boat
my cards sat packed up ready to ship out for maybe a year
finally sent them around nov 2016
sold over 900 cards in that time
know damn well i was never going to do that on ebay
100s of cards i would probably never even list on ebay
it's helped me extract some decent money from my collection
and i can do other stuff.
i definitely don't regret sending the stuff in.
phosgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:52 PM   #1429
Divino

Quote:
As much as they upset me with their business practices, the two things that have kept me there for now is not having to deal with buyers, and not having to deal with shipping.

It's still a good place to sell $1.00-5.00 cards that just aren't worth the time and effort to list and ship on ebay.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #1430
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
my thought is that the cards are "dumped" out on the table, probably nice and easy, but when being sorted they are stacked and the person goes to "tap" the stack to make it pretty instead or looking like a pinwheel. I have to think that is where the damage is happening. the other poster who said it was all the heritage cards but they were not even together in his box just justifies this idea more. Also could be whoever is putting them in the scanning pages (9 pocket sheets???) is hitting that same corner on every card going in or out.
Alot of the cards I receive from comc have bottom left and bottom right corner dings.

Makes me wonder if during sleeving process
Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 PM   #1431
Super32

They credited me for damaging about $75 worth of my cards. It was the same corner ding on all of them. I dropped them off at the National. I pointed out that every package I had submitted had been insured so I would have filed a claim had it not been a drop off.
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #1432
Boo

Just notified that 24 of the 480 cards I sent in are "damaged". Corner damage for the most part but a few are TTT cards that are just chipping on the side due to their size.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #1433
OLDPAPER
Banned

Quote:

What the hell else are you going to do with them...

That is always to answer when i am asking myself the same question.
Anything that is actually decent $20 and up...I sell at shows, Ebay or FB...the stuff I send to COMC...whatever happens happens...It sucks that they damage cards and fail to take accountability...but these are cards that are hard to sell elsewhere...maybe sportlots...but that is too much organization requeired for me
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:05 AM   #1434
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post

Anything that is actually decent $20 and up...I sell at shows, Ebay or FB...the stuff I send to COMC...whatever happens happens...It sucks that they damage cards and fail to take accountability...but these are cards that are hard to sell elsewhere...maybe sportlots...but that is too much organization requeired for me
I think this too and it sucks, it just gives them a pass which is why they refuse to address the issue. Until we get serious and hold them accountable, nothing will change. I've got a few thousand cards that have been sitting for a year or so that I want to send in but refuse until the damage percentages drop dramatically. Is that hurting me more than them? Yes but again, sometimes that is what you have to do to force change, we just need more of us to get on board.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #1435
mc1

They just finished a 100 card submission without any damage. After a couple years of smallish submissions I still have only had about 2-3 cards damaged by them. I usually send 50-150 cards in at a time. So in total probably only sent in over a thosand cards. If they had ever damaged a good chunk of my submissions (or the very expensive ones) I would have stopped sending anything in. Believe me, Ill be back on here yelling from the rooftops if they ever do me wrong.
mc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #1436
nomarkj

Submitted my first order with them of like ~1500 cards and 42 of mine were damaged. Order is still sitting with zero cards processed and the due date is next Friday lol...

Here's the pics they gave me of the cards damged (they didn't look like that when I shipped and they were all packaged in different boxes)

nomarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #1437
nomarkj

Also as a side note, the website states 42 cards are damaged but the picture only shows me 24. Will I know what the other damaged cards are?
Old 04-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #1438
1yunggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarkj View Post
Submitted my first order with them of like ~1500 cards and 42 of mine were damaged. Order is still sitting with zero cards processed and the due date is next Friday lol...

Here's the pics they gave me of the cards damged (they didn't look like that when I shipped and they were all packaged in different boxes)

I have two submissions due today (800 cards) and not one card has processed yet.
1yunggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #1439
pfb11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarkj View Post

just so you know, I would still buy most of that stuff if the price was nicely discounted
Old 04-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #1440
nomarkj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
just so you know, I would still buy most of that stuff if the price was nicely discounted
Seeing as it is damaged I would sell it for whatever the price of shipping is. I still don't know what my other damaged cards are yet, though.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #1441
mjohnatgt

Your options are: 1) Submit for grading. DON'T DO THAT
2) Donate to charity
3) Mail back to you (only 25 cents for the whole lot in your next shipment)
4) email them and have them process them all as Select at 50 cents a card. That's what I usually opt for.

Sometimes I break my Basic processing cards into a $1-5 submission and a $5-49 submission. If the cards in the $1-5 sub get rejected for damage, I either mail them back to me or donate them to charity. If the ones in the higher one get rejected for damage, I have them make those Select processing.

I am not screening the cards carefully when I box them up, so I don't mind the rejections I get. They're not all COMC's fault. Your cards with the heavily busted up corners were either damaged in shipping, or dropped by COMC staff. If the box was damaged through shipping, COMC should have alerted you to that fact so you could file
for a postal insurance claim. But they don't do that often, if at all.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #1442
Rabs

If they are damaging this many cards they need to cut the corners of the penny sleeves before putting the cards in them.

I'm sure their excuse is that adds tons of time to processing, but those pictures are pretty bad.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:11 PM   #1443
jbrandonw

Are there any processing fee specials coming up anytime soon?
Old 04-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #1444
mjohnatgt

Well, the National BB Card convention is coming up in a couple of months, right? That's the only time the last couple of years they've done any submission specials. They get so many submissions right now, they barely get any cards processed the day before the 8 week deadline.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:32 PM   #1445
jbrandonw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Well, the National BB Card convention is coming up in a couple of months, right? That's the only time the last couple of years they've done any submission specials. They get so many submissions right now, they barely get any cards processed the day before the 8 week deadline.
Gotcha. Yeah I've taken a break from cards for a while, so was thinking about sending in all my $2-$10 cards in. Wasn't sure if they were still doing it for the national or not.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #1446
Saraste

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post

I know we talk about it when we see each other at shows. I know I will eventually send the stuff in. You know the nature of the stuff I have. (lower end gu/autos and other assorted, mostly numbered, inserts). I will send in 100 or so of the better cards in select mode to offset the processing cost of the rest and hope for the best when it comes to them damaging my stuff. I am just continuing to hesitate in pulling the trigger.
Saraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #1447
jjj5278

They haven't done too many processing specials in awhile. Usually the National one is just free shipping to them basically. (If I remember correctly.)

One of the reasons I do use COMC, the last 5 sales of mine were cards from: 2003, 2005, 2005, 2005, 2004.
Ickey Woods and UNC guys in UNC jerseys now.
jjj5278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #1448
mschub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Sometimes I break my Basic processing cards into a $1-5 submission and a $5-49 submission. If the cards in the $1-5 sub get rejected for damage, I either mail them back to me or donate them to charity. If the ones in the higher one get rejected for damage, I have them make those Select processing.
Thanks for this idea. Absolutely doing that from now on.

I had about three dozen cards rejected a few weeks ago. Resubmitted all three dozen to be processed Select. They popped tonight, and about 10 of them ended up with this condition note:

Made me chuckle.
mschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:36 AM   #1449
mjohnatgt

That is hysterical. I wonder if they'll refund your additional processing fees. There was some consideration that they were rejecting cards just because they couldn't get the submissions done on time, so I guess this would help confirm that.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #1450
brewcrew82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschub View Post
Thanks for this idea. Absolutely doing that from now on.

I had about three dozen cards rejected a few weeks ago. Resubmitted all three dozen to be processed Select. They popped tonight, and about 10 of them ended up with this condition note:

Made me chuckle.
just when you thought you had seen it all.

Only Comc can throw a curveball like that.

My last 4 shipments say,

#17260328 4/26/2017 Shipped to IMEX on 2017-04-28 4/27/2017
#17225014 4/23/2017 Shipped to IMEX on 2017-04-28 4/26/2017
#17109331 4/20/2017 Shipped to IMEX on 2017-04-25 4/22/2017
#14222940 4/11/2017 Shipped to IMEX on 2017-04-14

What is IMEX ?
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote