Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 01-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
thebrokepoet

Default SLUFAN83 left me retaliatory feedback , can a mod please help me out

This seems real easy to me so I am just going to lay it out there as it happened .

I made an offer on a Teddy Bridgewater RC auto that I did not have . I was excited to add it to my PC . I offered $32 and paid .

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...d-auto-rc.html

I received this message which I replied to ...

A day or two went by and he did not respond to my request for a photo or anything ... So I messaged again and he did respond with this ...

At this point , yesterday ... I am over it . Do I believe his dog ate the Teddy card ??? Not really , could it be possible ... I guess anything is possible . I don't believe him so I asked for a pic . I am not happy , so I drop the neg this morning ... Not mean .. Just exactly what he told me ... His dog ate my card then he threw it away . It leaves a spot to explain yourself so I did and he responded ...

I assume it is over at this point ... Although I did fear the retaliation feedback I knew I was in the right here and there would be no cause for that ... He then starts the private messaging me and calling me a prick and swearing ... asking if I'm stupid ... He is clearly being confrontational and angered and acting like it is me who is harassing him ....

I had zero intentions of a call out thread until he left the retaliation feedback .

I do not feel I did anything wrong here and I defiantly did not harass him . I waited for him to respond and prove himself . If this is not retaliatory feedback ... I don't know what is

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
shrevecity

The neg he left makes him sound like an idiot. It clearly shows he left a neg for something that was his fault.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
Clarka3

man, dogs and hospitals are the bane of this hobby.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
socal805

Which Teddy B. card was it?
socal805 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
DetectiveChrome

We should start a BO Glossary

Dog Ate Card = Seller's Remorse

For shipping purposes: I'm from Toronto (Canada)
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal805 View Post
Which Teddy B. card was it?

RIP . LoL

Old 01-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #7
socal805

Just wondering...If the seller would have been honest (sellers remorse...Thanks DetectiveChrome) and backed out of the sale...Would he still be deserving of negative feedback?
socal805 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
nephinfan

I don't see a reason for either negative. I might be in the minority here, but just because there's no picture doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen. Would I believe the seller? Probably not in today's world, but I wouldn't be leaving a negative if I got a refund.

Now, if the card resurfaced and was later sold on Ebay or on a future thread here, then sure, I could see the need for a negative because of seller's remorse.

Without proof either way at this point, hard to go along with either negative IMO.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:51 PM   #9
NickM

I want to see a picture of the dog.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #10
thebrokepoet

Default SLUFAN83 left me retaliatory feedback , can a mod please help me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
I don't see a reason for either negative. I might be in the minority here, but just because there's no picture doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen. Would I believe the seller? Probably not in today's world, but I wouldn't be leaving a negative if I got a refund.

Now, if the card resurfaced and was later sold on Ebay or on a future thread here, then sure, I could see the need for a negative because of seller's remorse.

Without proof either way at this point, hard to go along with either negative IMO.

I did not want the $32 . I gave it to him in exchange for the card . So him giving me back the money really does not help me get that card in my PC .

And really it all breaks down to I did not believe his story from the very beginning . The first few words I wrote to him was " this is upsetting and send proof " I asked for proof from the start . Like I said ... It is possible , with the idea in mind anything is possible .

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 01-20-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #11
NeedChapmans

Quote:

If a seller agrees to sell something, and the buyers pays, then it is on the seller, 100%, to get the card in the sellers mailbox without issue. If for any reason a seller can't do that, and it's not the buyers fault, then the buyer has every right to leave negative feedback. So what that the buyer was refunded, the feedback system is designed to help others gauge the experience, trustworthiness of the member in business transactions, and in this particular instance, the seller did not fulfill his end of the deal.

Now some buyers may choose not leave feedback, just call it a day, and that's fine. But other buyers that leave neutral or negative feedback are also fine ... if sellers, for whatever reason (real, fake, reasonable, unreasonable) have to refund a purchase, they should fairly expect any feedback return, and as long as it's honest, it's fair.
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #12
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
If a seller agrees to sell something, and the buyers pays, then it is on the seller, 100%, to get the card in the sellers mailbox without issue. If for any reason a seller can't do that, and it's not the buyers fault, then the buyer has every right to leave negative feedback. So what that the buyer was refunded, the feedback system is designed to help others gauge the experience, trustworthiness of the member in business transactions, and in this particular instance, the seller did not fulfill his end of the deal.

Now some buyers may choose not leave feedback, just call it a day, and that's fine. But other buyers that leave neutral or negative feedback are also fine ... if sellers, for whatever reason (real, fake, reasonable, unreasonable) have to refund a purchase, they should fairly expect any feedback return, and as long as it's honest, it's fair.

Agreed 100% ... And my feedback was exactly that

Old 01-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #13
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal805 View Post
Just wondering...If the seller would have been honest (sellers remorse...Thanks DetectiveChrome) and backed out of the sale...Would he still be deserving of negative feedback?
Yes.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #14
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
We should start a BO Glossary

Dog Ate Card = Seller's Remorse
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...yclopedia.html

Old 01-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Believe me, dogs are drawn to the cardboard.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...-teething.html

Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 PM   #16
nephinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Agreed 100% ... And my feedback was exactly that

Nah, I don't agree. Neutral maybe, but he got his money back. Yes, it's possible the story is not true, but money was returned. It's worth a neutral in my mind, but not a negative. At least a refund was followed through.

IF, and that's a big IF, the story is true, then there's no way the seller could keep up his end other than to refund the money. That deserves a negative?
Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
wheeler281

If it happened he would have had a picture imo to avoid the feedback issue. It was a logical request that he should have know was gonna be asked. I would have asked for a pic as well. Seller would not have gotten a negative if he just showed the guy proof

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #18
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
Believe me, dogs are drawn to the cardboard.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...-teething.html

I see there was a photo taken of the card ... I have zero doubt that Indians card was destroyed by a dog . I did not read the post ... Did that dog take it out of a one touch too ??

Old 01-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #19
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Nah, I don't agree. Neutral maybe, but he got his money back. Yes, it's possible the story is not true, but money was returned. It's worth a neutral in my mind, but not a negative. At least a refund was followed through.

IF, and that's a big IF, the story is true, then there's no way the seller could keep up his end other than to refund the money. That deserves a negative?
I obviously thought so ( if your dog eats someone's card you sold to them and then you throw it away with no picture or proof , yes ) ... As his story is the only story , we must accept it as truth , right . Me having made these actions asks still , Do I deserve a negative or was it retaliatory ?

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 01-20-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #20
popmaz

Well, he sold one on ebay on 1/16 for $45.00

Teddy Bridgewater 2014 Topps Turkey Red Autograph Auto RC Vikings | eBay

Last edited by popmaz; 01-20-2016 at 05:08 PM.
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #21
corndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Do I deserve a negative or was it retaliatory ?
The neg that he left you was retaliatory for the one that you gave him, that you should not have done IMO. While you may suspect that the story isn't true, you can't prove it. It would have helped ease your mind had he sent a pic, but he didn't have to. He did refund your money in it's entirety, so you haven't lost anything technically. There has been a few instances where a buyer purchased an item from me thru BIN and I couldn't locate it and had to refund with an apology. So, things can happen - like my son's dog chewing a card from my desk top.

It may stink that it happened, just learn to move on.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:09 PM   #22
corndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
Well, that changes everything...
Old 01-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #23
wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
The neg that he left you was retaliatory for the one that you gave him, that you should not have done IMO. While you may suspect that the story isn't true, you can't prove it. It would have helped ease your mind had he sent a pic, but he didn't have to. He did refund your money in it's entirety, so you haven't lost anything technically. There has been a few instances where a buyer purchased an item from me thru BIN and I couldn't locate it and had to refund with an apology. So, things can happen - like my son's dog chewing a card from my desk top.

It may stink that it happened, just learn to move on.
Feedback system was utilized perfectly imo. So now anyone can just say is my dog at it if blowout said that he couldn't leave feedback or removed it

Edit... The fact it sold is why he needed a pic to prove the story.

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #24
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I knew it . I knew it . I knew it . LoL

Old 01-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #25
Davesportscards

EXACT same card.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote