Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:46 AM   #326
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
I'm sure there is lots of unused footage that can be used in 9.

Footage that would make sense? Or random talking in the ship that was blown up?

Honestly they should cgi her and let her legacy end on the note she delivered the film/story as intended. Pretty sure her brother said he was ok with that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #327
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Footage that would make sense? Or random talking in the ship that was blown up?

Honestly they should cgi her and let her legacy end on the note she delivered the film/story as intended. Pretty sure her brother said he was ok with that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i am 100% against CGI-ing her if it's going to look like it did at the end of Rogue One.

i was bugged with all the Tarkin CGI too in that one though, so maybe it's just me.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #328
fulltritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i am 100% against CGI-ing her if it's going to look like it did at the end of Rogue One.

i was bugged with all the Tarkin CGI too in that one though, so maybe it's just me.
If they CGI her and it's as bad as Tarkin, I'm done with Disney and Star Wars movies! Rogue One altered the beginning of the original trilogy way too much not to mention the horrible CGI and The Last Jedi was horrible. I can't take one more Star Wars disappointment from Disney.
fulltritty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #329
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
If they CGI her and it's as bad as Tarkin, I'm done with Disney and Star Wars movies! Rogue One altered the beginning of the original trilogy way too much not to mention the horrible CGI and The Last Jedi was horrible. I can't take one more Star Wars disappointment from Disney.
i didn't think the Tarkin was that bad in small doses, but the longer they kept him on screen the worse it got. Still, in short bursts it would have been fine, which is why the Leia CGI at the end of RO was so shockingly bad to the point that I wondered why they even showed her face to begin with. they could have done that from the back exclusively and been fine.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #330
jdandns

I find it hard to believe anyone who has seen episode 8 and then says they won't be seeing episode 9. Those who hated episode 8 the most will be first in line for episode 9 if only to be able to complain about it in more detail. Same thing happened with the generally derided prequel trilogy. Disney can't lose on this one.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #331
quackhead

What if they CGI-ed Princess Leia like they did in Episode IV?

quackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #332
xbignick

Okay I saw it a second time and my brother saw this too, before Luke's ending anyone see a ship kind of flying in front of him in the sun's glare? Maybe just a spot though.

JOIN HERE: https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231756
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #333
rocketfan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Okay I saw it a second time and my brother saw this too, before Luke's ending anyone see a ship kind of flying in front of him in the sun's glare? Maybe just a spot though.
My wife and I wondered the same thing too.

Collecting all Houston Rockets players, current and former.
rocketfan86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #334
Drdduet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Saw it again. Hated it even more the second time...

The original trilogy and everything Luke did is meaningless.

The obvious big reveal will be Rey’s parents.. although that won’t save this trilogy IMO.
My theory is that we can believe that Rey's parents are really just nobodies. It's less important who her parents are than it is why she was born--to bring balance to the force.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #335
oldgoldy97

My theory is that Rian Johnson didn’t see TFA.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #336
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
My theory is that Rian Johnson didn’t see TFA.
Or he can't stand J.J. Abrams and just wanted to troll him hard.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #337
CollectorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
I find it hard to believe anyone who has seen episode 8 and then says they won't be seeing episode 9. Those who hated episode 8 the most will be first in line for episode 9 if only to be able to complain about it in more detail. Same thing happened with the generally derided prequel trilogy. Disney can't lose on this one.
You are wrong. I was a very big fan until this film. TLJ killed my fandom, sorry to say. I thought I would cool on it, but I just don't care anymore. The franchise will always make money but I won't be spending any of mine on it.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #338
gottagitdemjs

I added a little something to my man cave. Both are Disney Theme Parks exclusives. The saber is the removable blade version.

The Chiefs win a Super Bowl.......*sigh
gottagitdemjs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #339
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
I added a little something to my man cave. Both are Disney Theme Parks exclusives. The saber is the removable blade version.

Nice! Do you have pics of the whole man cave?
Old 01-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #340
xbignick

Okay, so I saw it a 2nd time. I was more looking for Snoke is still alive stuff.

The scene he was in that ended with his death seemed like he was egging on Kylo Ren to do it: turn the lightsaber, light it to destroy your true enemy, I can see his mind clearly, I cannot be betrayed. This is the guy who made fun of Kylo Ren the whole movie, made a force connection between two people and slammed Hux into the ground while talking to him through a space transmission. Him letting his apprentice take over for a little would kind of be the next step forward as I'm sure Snoke knows he didn't fire on Leia. And we didn't get that little force connection in the end.

But then again even he said light rises to meet darkness, the movie and the characters keep reiterating balance. Luke is gone, Kylo and Rey are left which would fit there to oppose each other (yet again). Luke even said he only saw Rey's power once before in Kylo promoting that match. Unless we see Kylo shift on a Snoke (or whoever is behind Snoke) return the balance doesn't fit with who we have left.

The problem is the change in the person who runs each movie, even if Rian Johnson wanted to bring Snoke's character back, JJ Abrams might not. With one left I doubt it happens but kind of want it to. Hard to go forth with Kylo as the main villain when he's been bested time and time again and not sure what to hope for in an ending if it's just really him with again just one left.

Just me rambling.

JOIN HERE: https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231756
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #341
oldgoldy97

Rey is a lesbian.

Broken dreams, I know.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #342
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
You are wrong. I was a very big fan until this film. TLJ killed my fandom, sorry to say. I thought I would cool on it, but I just don't care anymore. The franchise will always make money but I won't be spending any of mine on it.
What if the next one is as good as this one (to you) was bad? Do you really want to take the chance of missing something that awesome? Best to tread lightly here.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #343
DaaaaBears

Quote:
Star Wars fans = Howard Stern fans
DaaaaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #344
CollectorMan

Quote:
What if the next one is as good as this one (to you) was bad? Do you really want to take the chance of missing something that awesome? Best to tread lightly here.
I will be missing it and not caring about any fanfare, good or bad. Can't believe it's happened to me but I just dont care about the plot going forward. I was someone who analyzed every second before. I now feel embarrassed to have spent any time or money on the franchise. My fandom is dead and done.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:30 AM   #345
DaaaaBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Rey is a lesbian.

Broken dreams, I know.
Do you by any chance have any "evidence" of this
Old 01-15-2018, 02:31 AM   #346
DaaaaBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
I will be missing it and not caring about any fanfare, good or bad. Can't believe it's happened to me but I just dont care about the plot going forward. I was someone who analyzed every second before. I now feel embarrassed to have spent any time or money on the franchise. My fandom is dead and done.
Star Bores? Me too
Old 01-16-2018, 12:43 AM   #347
Vargaman

I'd have sacrificed chewy a million times over...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-expanded...e-w-1822092518

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 AM   #348
arek

The New Jedi Order series was too long and drawn out. Some of the books were good, others, terrible. I was halfway through Star by Star and I had to stop reading because it was mind numbing.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #349
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post
The New Jedi Order series was too long and drawn out. Some of the books were good, others, terrible. I was halfway through Star by Star and I had to stop reading because it was mind numbing.
Star By Star was terrible, but you are really doing yourself a disservice by skipping this arc, as well as the series immediately after (though the series with Luke/Abeloth was bad and very much worth skipping).

Do yourself a favor and just read the summary for Star by Star and get back into the rest of the series. a lot happens and it's all great. And, again, the following Cadeus (spelling?) story arc is great as well.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #350
natbornkiller

https://twitter.com/starwarstuff/sta...25736161763328