KhalDrogo

Let’s get back on track.
KhalDrogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #8827
mlbexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
This thread should be moved to the off topic section. Belongs in the sewer
Too early to start the Official Trout 2019 thread and set this thread on fire?
mlbexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #8828
seabass97166

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
yikes this was once one of the best threads on this board.
Agreed. I wish there was 2 Trout threads, 1 by invite only
seabass97166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #8829
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post

Letís get back on track.
Won't happen. It's the offseason for Trout sadly.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #8830
caflisch78

************2018 Season/Thread Completed**************
Old 10-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #8831
pcptrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by epatmythes View Post
Condensed version...

1) pcptrade buys a card he hoped would grade out BGS9.5/10
2) pcptrade finds a false flaw in the card he knows hasn't impacted similar cards from getting a 9.5 card grade
3) pcptrade contacts the seller with his false flaw concerns
4) seller offers to take the card back for a full refund
5) pcptrade instead offers to extract half his money back, which the seller foolishly agrees to
6) seller, rightly, changes his/her mind and asks for a full refund return
7) pcptrade repeatedly tells all of use his plan was to return for a full refund... if they didn't except his 50% back offer... clearly, expecting us to forget that a full refund is exactly what the seller wanted and offered from the very start
8) seller again asks for a full refund return, but pcptrade already sent the card to BGS and shows the seller proof it is out of his physical possession
9) pcptrade returns here to gloat that the card, which he got half his money back for, did indeed get the grade he expectedly paid full price for at original purchase
10) The end

I guess, my only questions for anyone who has read this and/or followed this thread adventure... have you not already blocked his eBay ID from buying from you on eBay. If not, why would you deal with him, here or on the Bay?

Good for you on getting the 9.5/10 you wanted/expected/hoped for from the start. Shame on you for how you conducted your business throughout the process. Shady and pathetic doesn't begin to label this transaction from start to finish.

Granted, there "may" have been validity in alleged shilling claims with the original listing... but now all of a sudden 2 wrongs do make a right???
You created your own version of what exactly happened. You made some wrong assumptions and then starting passing immature comments. The seller and I know what exactly happened and we both are cool.

You forgot to include the following in your chronology of events/story/interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcptrade View Post
Haha. I am still debating....There seems to be a surface defect on the back of the card just above "trademark". My plan is to get it graded. Not sure what grade it will get with such a defect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeanius View Post
That may just be a scuff on the case. The pulp cardstock that is used for those cards doesn't go white.
Quote:
Hopefully, it's a scuff on the case.
Thank you
Quote:
I thought the there was no surface flaw and it was probably a scuff on the case or glare effect. My plan was to get the card graded and hopefully get a BGS 9.5/10. After receiving the card, I realized that there was indeed a surface flaw. My original plan was to return the card for a full refund but thought I might keep it if I got a partial refund. I would have returned the card if the seller had not not agreed for a refund amount of $2000. Now, there is no guarantee that this card will get a BGS 9.5 given the surface flaw and I am willing to take that risk.
Moving on to your next assumption...

Quote:
You also claimed here you took a chance because you thought the flaw might just be a glare. The auction listing had 3 different back scans that all show the same mark you raised concerns about, at different angles... no "glare" is that consistent.
My answer is below (posts from last week)

Quote:
Haha. I am still debating....There seems to be a surface defect on the back of the card just above "trademark". My plan is to get it graded. Not sure what grade it will get with such a defect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeanius View Post
That may just be a scuff on the case. The pulp cardstock that is used for those cards doesn't go white.
Quote:
Hopefully, it's a scuff on the case.
Thank you
As I said before, I recently bought a $5 Trout Topps Update reprint card for $900 thinking it was original based on eBay scans! That shows how good my eyes are in picking flaws from ebay scans!

Quote:
FACT: Seller offered a full refund from the start... YOU REFUSED THAT RETURN!"
I showed you the screenshot (below) in response to your assumption "FACT: Seller offered a full refund from the start... YOU REFUSED THAT RETURN!"

IMG_20181002_220239 by pcp trade, on Flickr

Then you made the following assumption
-

Quote:
Thanks for adding the screenshot! You are right, it does show that my FACT statement is false! Unfortunately, it also proves you are a big fat LIAR! You drop that screenshot, on 10/2, but your very first statement(s) regarding this whole fiasco are, "I contacted the seller and expressed my concerns. The seller agreed for a full refund even though the listing said "seller does not accept returns".

These are your words, verbatim. Not my words. Not the sellers words. Not mine, or anyone else's, interpretation of your words. They are yours, copied exactly.

I tried to give you a little gray area wiggle room... but you just couldn't help yourself. Thank you, seriously, THANK YOU, for confirming to everyone here that you are in fact both a full of crap con man and insane!
My answer to above is as follows-

There are no LIES. Just your imagination. This is what really happened. Yes, I initially wanted to return and the seller agreed to return for a full refund. Then I did some research and found out that some (NOT ALL) cards with similar surface flaws got a 9.5 subgrade for surface. That is when I sent the seller the email shown below (screenshot) where I requested partial refund. When I said "Just wanted to ask you something before I file a return claim" implies before I file a return claim for FULL REFUND!. I would have returned it if the seller had refused a partial refund. I was not sure that it would get a gem mint grade when I asked for a partial refund. However, I was willing to take that risk by keeping it if the seller agreed for a partial refund and then getting it graded. My plan was to crack it open if it did not get a gem mint grade. The seller issued a partial refund of $2000 but sent me an email the following day asking if I would be willing to return the card if he/she refunded the remaining money as shown below. I had already sent the card to BGS at that time. I showed the seller the tracking # and he/she was fine with that.

Untitled-2 by pcp trade, on Flickr

These are my posts from last week

Quote:
As I said, my original plan was to return the card for a full refund but thought I might keep it if I got a partial refund. I would have returned the card if the seller had not not agreed for a partial refund amount of $2000. The seller could have refused the partial refund and asked me to return the card for a full refund but didn't!

Quote:
I thought the there was no surface flaw and it was probably a scuff on the case or glare effect. My plan was to get the card graded and hopefully get a BGS 9.5/10. After receiving the card, I realized that there was indeed a surface flaw. My original plan was to return the card for a full refund but thought I might keep it if I got a partial refund. I would have returned the card if the seller had not not agreed for a refund amount of $2000. Now, there is no guarantee that this card will get a BGS 9.5 given the surface flaw and I am willing to take that risk.

Not sure why you are so abrasive and hateful! I did not force or pressure the seller for a refund as shown in the screenshot above. The whole argument would have been completely different if the card grade came back 9 or less! I am sure everyone here would be laughing at me for paying $2000 for card that was not gem mint! Some might still feel it's overpriced despite getting a gem mint grade.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144335251@N08/albums

Last edited by pcptrade; 10-03-2018 at 07:49 PM.
pcptrade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #8832
kidfan9

Girls...girls...you’re both pretty!!!
Old 10-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #8833
mlbexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by caflisch78 View Post
************2018 Season/Thread Completed**************
The man said the thread is completed.
mlbexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:48 AM   #8834
ksemmel

I wish I could get a 1/2 refund for raw cards that gemmed...
Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #8835
speedyjg13

Nobody cares PCP....this thread is over. Just stop already. The man has declared the thread to be over.
speedyjg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #8836
Boo

Quote:
You created your own version of what exactly happened. You made some wrong assumptions and then starting passing immature comments. The seller and I know what exactly happened and we both are cool.

You forgot to include the following in your chronology of events/story/interpretation

My answer is below (posts from last week)

As I said before, I recently bought a $5 Trout Topps Update reprint card for $900 thinking it was original based on eBay scans! That shows how good my eyes are in picking flaws from ebay scans!

I showed you the screenshot (below) in response to your assumption "FACT: Seller offered a full refund from the start... YOU REFUSED THAT RETURN!"

Then you made the following assumption
-

My answer to above is as follows-

There are no LIES. Just your imagination. This is what really happened. Yes, I initially wanted to return and the seller agreed to return for a full refund. Then I did some research and found out that some (NOT ALL) cards with similar surface flaws got a 9.5 subgrade for surface. That is when I sent the seller the email shown below (screenshot) where I requested partial refund. When I said "Just wanted to ask you something before I file a return claim" implies before I file a return claim for FULL REFUND!. I would have returned it if the seller had refused a partial refund. I was not sure that it would get a gem mint grade when I asked for a partial refund. However, I was willing to take that risk by keeping it if the seller agreed for a partial refund and then getting it graded. My plan was to crack it open if it did not get a gem mint grade. The seller issued a partial refund of $2000 but sent me an email the following day asking if I would be willing to return the card if he/she refunded the remaining money as shown below. I had already sent the card to BGS at that time. I showed the seller the tracking # and he/she was fine with that.

Untitled-2 by pcp trade, on Flickr

These are my posts from last week

Not sure why you are so abrasive and hateful! I did not force or pressure the seller for a refund as shown in the screenshot above. The whole argument would have been completely different if the card grade came back 9 or less! I am sure everyone here would be laughing at me for paying $2000 for card that was not gem mint! Some might still feel it's overpriced despite getting a gem mint grade.
This might be the longest post in the history of BO, well done.