AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
TrueNE_09

heart Kris Bryant Auto Giveaway....to help animals....please read

Hi everyone...

So here's the deal. I hit this Kris Bryant auto recently from 2013 Panini USA Champions. It's the Certified version, #'d to 299. And I'd like to give it away. Here's how. By the way, I have the exact same giveaway going on Twitter right now (@TrueNE_79) but it doesn't seem to be getting much traction, so I wanted to try it here. Bottom line, all the participants (whether here or there) will be entered into the same random to win, so it doesn't really make a difference.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I really care about animals and their welfare, as I know many others do too, and I try and help them, generally via donations, as often as I can. In fact, I love baseball cards, but I care about animals more, so that's why I'm giving away this Bryant in order to try and help them. The contest is very simple. All you have to do to be entered to win the Bryant auto is make a donation to ANY organization that supports/promotes animal welfare....could be the ASPCA, could be a local pet shelter, anything you want.

And I'm not telling you how much to donate, either. The donation amount is entirely up to you. BUT.....and this is a big BUT....DO NOT just go and donate $1 to some organization in order to be entered into the contest. I will at my discretion exclude anyone that I think is doing this. I want you to donate because you care about animals as much as I do. Do it for that reason and that reason alone, and then think of the Bryant auto as a way of saying thank you for your generosity.

Got it? All I ask is that you either post in this thread some type of proof that you made a donation (PayPal receipt, etc) or send me a PM if you would rather do it that way. If anyone does it privately I will just ask them to post a reply to this thread saying they made a donation and then I'll confirm after you send me a PM.

So, pretty easy. Go out and make a donation, prove it to me, and then you will be added to the list for the random to win the Bryant auto. Make sense? Let's see what we can do to help a great cause and then someone gets a nice auto in return.

Please make all donations by the last day of the month, February 29th. The contest will end then and I will do the random. And one obvious question....what if only like one or two people do it? Well, if that happens then one person wins the card or two people have a 50/50 shot at it. I'm hoping it doesn't work out that way but my word is my word and whoever participates gets into the random, regardless of however many else participate.

I'll keep a running list in the next post of all the participants.

Thanks, and good luck.

PLEASE NOTE: During the course of this contest, other members have generously elected to contribute additional cards into the contest. In the order they are donated, they will awarded to other people in the contest. So, for example, the second card donated will be given to the 2nd person on the list once the random is run, and so on.

Here are the additional cards that have been contributed:

2nd card: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/10520844-post39.html
3rd card: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/10540609-post47.html
Last place: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/10568431-post62.html

ALSO NOTE: I have contacted a moderator (houdini) and they have agreed to run the random for this contest once we are ready to go. That will help make sure everyone knows that the contest is being run fairly. I felt if I did the random myself there could be concerns since I would not be able to record it. Thanks to houdini on offering up help for us!

Last edited by TrueNE_09; 02-29-2016 at 05:09 PM.
TrueNE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
TrueNE_09

Participant list:

1. HadWayTooMuch
2. cyndeeg3
3. Big35Hurt
4. chezball
5. 808MadMacs
6. fduran27
7. possom813
8. THEBOOODAH
9. mickdapug
10. bubble
11. Keyser Soze
12. Chaysr20
13. Mattmo14
14. Soonerfan65
15. shanks25
16. savepolarbears
17. Orange October
18. jusdukky
19. nephinfan
20. dlab85
21. ark8085
22. donaldz
23. eddy337
24. gingerscards
25. QuinEarlyDoucet
26. Falconyx85 (from Twitter, see post #51 for confirm; also now a member here on Blowout)
27. glassnickels
28. gatorPK321 (from Twitter, see post #54 for confirm)
29. ericg531
30. ToledoSturgeon
31. jlzinck
32. hipywolf

Last edited by TrueNE_09; 02-29-2016 at 05:03 PM.
TrueNE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
HadWayTooMuch
Banned

I donate to Chicagoland Eskie Rescue every December for Christmas. Did it this past December. We adopted our Eskimo from there so we like to give back!
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
cyndeeg3

Very nice contest. We were at the Humane Society this morning and I threw a 10 spot in their little collection house. I know that doesn't qualify me for your contest, as they don't give receipts - just wanted to share, maybe others will continue to donate throughout the year for no contest at all. Any awareness helps!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
Big35Hurt

Great contest and cause. I am involved in animal rescue (have 4 rescues here at home, plus donate crates and collars, and do rescue transport) so this is something I am happy to see. I won't enter the contest since I already do what you're asking, and I hope it will get many others to help out as well.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
chezball

donated will be confirmed by op. Pm sent with payment info
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
Pearce77

Nice gesture. Question: Would a GoFundMe to a worthy animal situation qualify?

I could donate my pay check away on there reading some of the stories. I donated to a family where an 80 year old man lost his wife and got 3rd degree burns in a house fire trying to save her. Poor soul lost his soul mate and all his belongings.
Pearce77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
Big35Hurt

On second thought, I am going to enter the contest. Here's my thought process....if I do win, I will put the card up on EBay with the proceeds going towards some of the animal causes I already support. I know others would just keep the card, and that's perfectly fine, but this would give me the chance to do more.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:18 PM   #9
808MadMacs

Same as Big35Hurt - If I win, I'll auction it for one of the charities I support on a monthly basis. Not sure how to prove it to you, please email me at:

frankthomascollection@gmail.com

Have no problem sharing my copies of my accounts - privately.
808MadMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:28 PM   #10
TrueNE_09

Really do like what I'm seeing so far, you guys. Awesome. I'm not going to penalize someone for having made a recent donation that was technically before the start of my contest. If that is the case, you're on the list.

And like I said, I'm going to use my discretion. If you say you did something recently, I'll believe you 99 times out of 100. If you're lying, I'm not worried. Hopefully you don't win. But if you do, that's fine too, because I know karma pretty well and I know it'll find you sooner or later.

Sounds like we have some awesome people around here. Keep it up and good luck in the giveaway when the time comes!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:30 PM   #11
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearce77 View Post
Nice gesture. Question: Would a GoFundMe to a worthy animal situation qualify?

I could donate my pay check away on there reading some of the stories. I donated to a family where an 80 year old man lost his wife and got 3rd degree burns in a house fire trying to save her. Poor soul lost his soul mate and all his belongings.
And yes, that's fine. As long as the end result is to support someone or something that is done with the welfare of animals and/or the people that provide them love/care/etc, that's fine with me.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #12
possom813

Texas Parks & Wildlife count?
possom813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #13
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
Texas Parks & Wildlife count?
Sure, that's fine, since they do preservation, education and other things, which in the end should benefit the animals. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #14
possom813

Good deal, sent you a pm.

If I win it, sell it and donate it to a local animal shelter or aspca, from blowout
possom813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #15
Big35Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Really do like what I'm seeing so far, you guys. Awesome. I'm not going to penalize someone for having made a recent donation that was technically before the start of my contest. If that is the case, you're on the list.

And like I said, I'm going to use my discretion. If you say you did something recently, I'll believe you 99 times out of 100. If you're lying, I'm not worried. Hopefully you don't win. But if you do, that's fine too, because I know karma pretty well and I know it'll find you sooner or later.

Sounds like we have some awesome people around here. Keep it up and good luck in the giveaway when the time comes!
Thanks! I was poking around on Facebook to see if any of the rescue groups I have been involved in had immediate needs. I didn't see anything, but will message a couple of the coordinators to see if they need supplies or cash. There's nothing more rewarding than helping animals in need as they are often put in bad situations due to humans, and don't have the means to better their situation without people who care.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #16
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
Good deal, sent you a pm.

If I win it, sell it and donate it to a local animal shelter or aspca, from blowout
Many thanks for the PM; I really appreciate your explanation and the information, and of course what you're doing. Keep up the awesome work. You're for sure on the list!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #17
THEBOOODAH

Do ongoing donations count or would you prefer us to start a new one? Every month my mother and I donate to rescuebulldogs.org. This organization uses the money to fund the protection and wellbeing of Bulldogs that have been abused and help these abused dogs find homes. My mother and I both have tons of merchandise that we have recorded over the years(t-shirts, coffee mugs, key chains) etc. and we haven't kept track of how much in total we have donated but it is easily upwards of $1000. I can find my most recent recipet if you'd like. Here is a link;
BCARN - Available Bulldogs - Donate
My first English bulldog was a rescue and we loved her until she passed away. Our newest bulleog(Bubbles who is 6 years old now) was purchased as a charity dog. This means that the proceeds( we ended up paying $3250 for her) were all donated to the SF SPCA. We love her and although she is not a rescue my family and I work hard to support the rescuing of Bulldogs. So over the past 10 years or so we had to have donated at least $5000 towards the protection of English Bulldogs. I really appreciate what you are doing as I am a huge activist for animal rights and will be studying zoology and animal behavior classes next year as I am off to University. Just to give you a clue of how much I love animals I currently own:
1 dog
25 fish
4 chickens
And a goat!(well technically I am the partial owner with my old high school teacher but he could no longer take care of Blondie.
Once again I love what your doing and I hope these kind of things catch on!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
mickdapug

great contest....I fully support Big dog animal ranch here in Wellington,fla. As a matter of fact, My 4 cats, 2 Parrots, My Schnauzer mix, my shih-Tzu mix as well as my black lab/Border Collie mix are all rescues.Best pets ever!! I love this contest and applaud you!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:25 PM   #19
TrueNE_09

BUMP this up.

You are both in. Thanks for all you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBOOODAH View Post
Do ongoing donations count or would you prefer us to start a new one? Every month my mother and I donate to rescuebulldogs.org. This organization uses the money to fund the protection and wellbeing of Bulldogs that have been abused and help these abused dogs find homes. My mother and I both have tons of merchandise that we have recorded over the years(t-shirts, coffee mugs, key chains) etc. and we haven't kept track of how much in total we have donated but it is easily upwards of $1000. I can find my most recent recipet if you'd like. Here is a link;
BCARN - Available Bulldogs - Donate
My first English bulldog was a rescue and we loved her until she passed away. Our newest bulleog(Bubbles who is 6 years old now) was purchased as a charity dog. This means that the proceeds( we ended up paying $3250 for her) were all donated to the SF SPCA. We love her and although she is not a rescue my family and I work hard to support the rescuing of Bulldogs. So over the past 10 years or so we had to have donated at least $5000 towards the protection of English Bulldogs. I really appreciate what you are doing as I am a huge activist for animal rights and will be studying zoology and animal behavior classes next year as I am off to University. Just to give you a clue of how much I love animals I currently own:
1 dog
25 fish
4 chickens
And a goat!(well technically I am the partial owner with my old high school teacher but he could no longer take care of Blondie.
Once again I love what your doing and I hope these kind of things catch on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
great contest....I fully support Big dog animal ranch here in Wellington,fla. As a matter of fact, My 4 cats, 2 Parrots, My Schnauzer mix, my shih-Tzu mix as well as my black lab/Border Collie mix are all rescues.Best pets ever!! I love this contest and applaud you!!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #20
bubble

I'm in college, however my uncle does a lot of work through animal shelters fostering and training dogs, specifically pitbulls, to find them homes. I will be donating soon. Makes me sick how many animals get abused and mistreated. But I really do think these places do great work, and could use every donation they could get. They save so many animals, and find them forever homes where they can enjoy their lives to the fullest.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:37 PM   #21
Keyser Soze

My wife and I make a monthly recurring payment for the past 8-10 years to the Montgomery County (Texas) SPCA. I don't have proof, it's just auto debited from our account. Thanks for the awesome contest. Good thing you're doing.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 PM   #22
bravezfan4life

Griffin Pond Animal Shelter clarks summit pa does this count we also sometimes go up and walk the dogs
bravezfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #23
Chaysr20

Good to see people stand up for our furry friends. PM sent.
Show me your Serial Numbered #22 or #222/xxx cards!
Chaysr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #24
Mattmo14

We donate to Happy Paws rescue.... They rescued over 250 dogs last year... Mostly beagles that have been used in lab experiments. That's where we got our beagle " Cooper " from.... They are super sweet dogs and if you are ever looking to adopt check them out...
Happy Paws Rescue
Mattmo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:48 PM   #25
HadWayTooMuch
Banned

I am very pleased to see so many people donate to the shelters and rescues! Great thread!
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote