AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
redwingsfan11

Talking Found a Golden Treasure with the help of eBay %15

Hi everyone!

Today i received a card that will be the backbone of my player collection, and dare I say, my entire collection???

But of course, before we get there. Now would be a great time to show some other pickups since my last S&T. I will try to keep it short this time.

One thing I will mention is that since my last S&T, I met a few great collectors with whom I have had some great conversations with. That is a major reason why I love the hobby and collecting in general, it helps you meet people with similar interests and passions.

Henrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP Memorabilia Emerald Rookie /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Henrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP Memorabilia Rookie The National Atlantic City /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 9/99
Filip Forsberg 13/14 Panini National Treasures Rookie Treasures Patch Auto 9/99 [BGS 9} by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Love international cards. Not many Ak-Bars Kovy pictured stuff. Great card stock, but in person the image they used is so pixelated lol.
Ilya Kovalchuk 2004 OFC Omks Fan Club Team Issue /30 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Awesome Kopitar, from the home of one of the great Kopitar collections
Anze Kopitar 06/07 UD Sweet Spot Signature Shots Stick Signings Auto /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Awesome Emerald RPA /5.
Mika Zibanejad 11/12 Panini Dominion Rookie Patch Auto Emerald /5 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Actually a nice gloss and cut to the card. Just not the most inspired design.
Mika Zibanejad 11/12 Panini Titanium Rookie Patch Auto /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Always love myself some tribute. 06/07 reminds me of Kopitar's rookies
Anthony Mantha 16/17 UD Ultimate Rookies Patch Auto [06/07 Tribute] /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 13/35 for my miniscule Hischier collection
Nico Hischier 17/18 ITG Used Dynamic Duos Dual Jersey 13/35 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

NOW ONTO THE FINALE. Rewinding back to last summer, I had purchased an Anthony Mantha Golden Treasures 1/1 rookie on COMC and was ecstatic. Shortly thereafter the Sebastian Aho Golden Treasures 1/1 was listed on COMC for $200! Even though I was collecting Aho at the time, and felt that $200 was a perfectly fine price and could afford it. I thought to myself that I had to be responsible and there was not way to justify spending such a good roll of money in such a short period of time. So of course 2 weeks goes by and someone scooped it up. Of course, even though I made the conscious decision to let it go at the time, once it was gone, the irresponsible collector in me instantly regretted that decision lol. Don't ask, its just how my mind works. Even after that, I witnessed both the E-Pack Ultimate Acheivement Shields for Aho and Mantha go for, what was in my opinion, decent prices. But with those two in particular, I just couldn't afford it. So not much I could do there.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, this bad boy below popped up. And it was a BIGGIE! I wasn't going to relive the passing of those big cards that I had mentioned before. So I bared down and sent in two different offers at the time, but to the sellers right, he declined and did so in a communicative and proper manner. So I thought to myself, "I gave it a try, but I just have to let it go". And so I was. But then out of no where, I get wind that eBay was doing a 15% off promotion, and I had to give it one last try. So I sent in one more offer, greater than my last one. But with the savings I didn't pay much more than said previous offer. So he got more money, and I was fortunate to land the card I really wanted.

HERE WE GO!!!!

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD OPC Platinum Golden Treasures Rookie Auto 1/1

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD OPC Platinum Golden Treasures Rookie Auto 1/1 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD OPC Platinum Golden Treasures Rookie Auto 1/1 (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
IG: Redwingsfan11_

Last edited by redwingsfan11; 08-11-2018 at 06:42 PM.
redwingsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
JMarchand1981

Nice additions. That international card is pretty cool. That golden treasures is fantastic.
JMarchand1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #3
redwingsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarchand1981 View Post
Nice additions. That international card is pretty cool. That golden treasures is fantastic.

Thank you very much =)
Old 08-11-2018, 11:48 PM   #4
cking

The auto on that Anze is perfect. Nice additions as always.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
oldgoldy97

I think those NT rookies are still some of the nicest made.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
redwingsfan11

@cking Thank you! Honestly, I never noticed that detail on the auto, but now that you mention it is perfect. Good job Anze =)

@oldgoldy97 I have to agree with you. Large patch window, acetate surface, nice fonts and overall clean design. As far as high end hockey releases go, its my favorite design for a /99 set.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #7
dcallow

Great post again Tim!

Love the jersey numbered stuff... always feels way more special.

Hopefully I'll have some cards to trade to you soon!
Old 08-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #8
redwingsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallow View Post
Great post again Tim!

Love the jersey numbered stuff... always feels way more special.

Hopefully I'll have some cards to trade to you soon!
Thanks man =) Keep it up yourself! Good job on landing the Boeser YG Acetate. I really do look forward to the day we can do a deal. Hopefully I find some Canucks stuff in the future.

Edit: @HKBred Thank you very much =)

Last edited by redwingsfan11; 08-26-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
HKBred

Awesome pickup on the Aho
HKBred is offline   Reply With Quote