Blowout Cards Forums
NFL Draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 04-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #201
Artchie
Banned

Crazycaliguy is not sjim. I know Ted personally. It is 100% not sjim
Artchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #202
TheFrenzy

Just scroll through the completed listings for Kroger gift cards - they're all from the same seller. Ebay - Kroger gift card sales

Also, there's another seller ID jcards2006 that uses the same listing and image. It says Perry Hall, Maryland. A quick search shows that that is where his wife's parents are from.

Also, these gift card sales are bringing in thousands of dollars a week for the couple. It's pretty large scale.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #203
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Just scroll through the completed listings for Kroger gift cards - they're all from the same seller. Ebay - Kroger gift card sales

Also, there's another seller ID jcards2006 that uses the same listing and image. It says Perry Hall, Maryland. A quick search shows that that is where his wife's parents are from.

Also, these gift card sales are bringing in thousands of dollars a week for the couple. It's pretty large scale.
Wow, very nice find. Who is to say that his wife doesn't know about it? Could easily be in on it.

I do not have Facebook. If I did, I would not hesitate to send a message. I already send one on the Salvation Army website . Someone should shut this down
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #204
xbignick

Old 04-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #205
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Very nice find as well
Old 04-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #206
TheFrenzy

Just so everyone realizes the scope, the guy has sold $15,635 in Kroger gift cards in just the last few weeks.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:37 PM   #207
gglenn3278

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Just so everyone realizes the scope, the guy has sold $15,635 in Kroger gift cards in just the last few weeks.
That would have been a lot of food for needy families.
gglenn3278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #208
TheHeel

Haiku.........
Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #209
KevJo

Looks like the Family has ties to the SA, the Father in VA looks like a Captain as well.

Kevin
Old 04-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #210
Grza

Never have I been prouder of BODA than I am right now. Y'all doing the lords work out here. I wonder if 15k would qualify as grand larceny in TN? Unreal.
Grza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #211
natbornkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artchie View Post
but is sjim, Crazycaliguy?
Old 04-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #212
KevJo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
but is sjim, Crazycaliguy?
Not looking like it is.

Kevin
Old 04-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #213
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grza View Post
Never have I been prouder of BODA than I am right now. Y'all doing the lords work out here. I wonder if 15k would qualify as grand larceny in TN? Unreal.
It's a class C felony in Tennessee. Very serious crime. Plus you would have telecommunications fraud, money laundering, amongst other things. Charges here are lengthy, and very serious.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:51 PM   #214
TheFrenzy

The guys in-laws look like they are currently serving the Salvation Army in Russia. If somebody wants to contact them and ask if they are aware of their son-in-law's behavior.

Newsletter

Gary_Haupt@eet.salvationarmy.org
Suzanne_Haupt@eet.salvationarmy.org
Old 04-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #215
mrdov

For a couple months now I've had an itch to run a case break, then stuff like this comes keeps coming up and I realize it will next to impossible to get started just because there is so much (understandable) distrust for breakers besides the handful of established guys.
mrdov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #216
Kelper7

Quote:
But this one has an extra "u"....crazycaliguuy
Old 04-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #217
pazerbaijan

Before anyone starts flying off the rails by sending angry Facebook messages to the Salvation Army or his family or whatever, here's the correct actions that should be taken in order to actually make something happen.

1. Contact the police, not the Salvation Army, his family, his Facebook friends, or any other possibly uninvolved parties.

According to their site, the Clarksville, TN police department can only be contacted for non-emergency reasons during normal business hours, which is Mon.-Fri., 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. This gives us until Monday to compile enough information in order to make it worth the PD's time to investigate. So, before then:

2. Connect Jimmy Steele to his online identities.

We need to document the fact that Jimmy Steele is machokingmadness2015, Macho Breaks, sjim8660, and jcards2006, and provide convincing proof as to why this is so. The easiest way to do this is to demonstrate that sjim8660 on Blowout is the same Jimmy Steele who lives in Clarksville, TN and works for the Salvation Army. Once that connection is shown to be true, his forum posts under that name will tie him to the remaining identities. For this to be useful, however:

3. Archive everything.

When you discover any new information, simply stating it on the forum isn't enough to constitute actionable proof. Always post a link (not just a screenshot) that documents your source. Before you post that link, though, make sure you back it up using a site known as archive.is. This will capture a snapshot of any web site that can't be deleted by Steele or anyone else. And be assured, he's reading this thread, and as soon as anyone posts any information that he could possibly remove, he will delete it. Always archive before you post.

Please note that archive.is doesn't work on streaming video sites like YouTube, which is why I downloaded the original break video within a few minutes of this thread being started last night. If you need to archive a video or other streaming media, I recommend KeepVid.

I'll be watching this thread over the weekend and continuing to archive and verify the information everyone has already provided. If we can put together a convincing case, I plan on contacting Clarksville PD on Monday morning.

In the meantime, follow the tips I've laid out in this post, and do not contact his family. There is nothing positive that could possibly result from doing so.
pazerbaijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #218
Addison

On this Episode of Blowout's Most Wanted...

\m/(>.<)\m/
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #219
cking

cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #220
fitch123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerbaijan View Post
Before anyone starts flying off the rails by sending angry Facebook messages to the Salvation Army or his family or whatever, here's the correct actions that should be taken in order to actually make something happen.

1. Contact the police, not the Salvation Army, his family, his Facebook friends, or any other possibly uninvolved parties.

According to their site, the Clarksville, TN police department can only be contacted for non-emergency reasons during normal business hours, which is Mon.-Fri., 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. This gives us until Monday to compile enough information in order to make it worth the PD's time to investigate. So, before then:

2. Connect Jimmy Steele to his online identities.

We need to document the fact that Jimmy Steele is machokingmadness2015, Macho Breaks, sjim8660, and jcards2006, and provide convincing proof as to why this is so. The easiest way to do this is to demonstrate that sjim8660 on Blowout is the same Jimmy Steele who lives in Clarksville, TN and works for the Salvation Army. Once that connection is shown to be true, his forum posts under that name will tie him to the remaining identities. For this to be useful, however:

3. Archive everything.

When you discover any new information, simply stating it on the forum isn't enough to constitute actionable proof. Always post a link (not just a screenshot) that documents your source. Before you post that link, though, make sure you back it up using a site known as archive.is. This will capture a snapshot of any web site that can't be deleted by Steele or anyone else. And be assured, he's reading this thread, and as soon as anyone posts any information that he could possibly remove, he will delete it. Always archive before you post.

Please note that archive.is doesn't work on streaming video sites like YouTube, which is why I downloaded the original break video within a few minutes of this thread being started last night. If you need to archive a video or other streaming media, I recommend KeepVid.

I'll be watching this thread over the weekend and continuing to archive and verify the information everyone has already provided. If we can put together a convincing case, I plan on contacting Clarksville PD on Monday morning.

In the meantime, follow the tips I've laid out in this post, and do not contact his family. There is nothing positive that could possibly result from doing so.
+1

The king of quality posts.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #221
TheFrenzy

If it helps date anything, looks like he sold the first gift card on Feb 18

Listing said the item was in Fairfax, Virginia. A quick check also shows them being deployed by the Salvation Army from Fairfax to Tennessee. The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command Promotions, Commissioning Announced - The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command
Old 04-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #222
freethrowtommy

He would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #223
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
+1

The king of quality posts.
+2, azerbaijan is the GOAT.

I have nothing to add except that none of my interactions with sjim were anything but slimy. He deserves all the **** he is going to get from this.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #224
fenwaykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Seeing now that he is a "captain" with the Salvation Army, and had "millions " of kroger gift cards for sale on here.....it would seem this guy is into more than just stealing cards from a group break. He could potentially be stealing from a charity, a charity that does alot of good. This may be bigger than any scam we have seen on here to date.
Damn, this just got serious. Stealing from his own charity and selling the cards on ebay? This has prison written all over it. Is someone taking this forward to the police?
fenwaykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:41 PM   #225
mikecamp99

Unbelievable how this turned out, I've been sitting here following it all morning and afternoon. What started as being pissed off at a guy for swapping out cards in a group break is now turning into possibly a federal crime!!!

You guys are absolutely amazing when it comes to research and digging, absolutely great job guys!!!