Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #901
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I know everyone hates this set, but we have actually done pretty well selling singles, autos, and patches. And we haven't had to give any away or do 99 cent auctions.
Same here. Been one of the best Star Wars sets in recent memory for us. Speaking strictly in terms of sales. Nothing really crazy high priced (high dollar singles) but seems like everything is in demand from inserts to patches to sets and autos.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #902
Zeldafanatic15

I think part of that probably stems from collectors not wanting to open boxes, and rather pick up singles and master sets for their collection. Plus I don't think a lot is being broken, so smaller market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #903
maxpower

A master set can be had for less than a hobby box. The 20% ebay coupon today makes that an even better deal.

How many sets including inserts does each case tend to give you? Seems that can't be that good for breakers.

Last edited by maxpower; 06-06-2018 at 04:49 PM.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #904
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Same here. Been one of the best Star Wars sets in recent memory for us. Speaking strictly in terms of sales. Nothing really crazy high priced (high dollar singles) but seems like everything is in demand from inserts to patches to sets and autos.

Meaning profit per case or just able to move the cards?

Most base autos Iíve seen are under $20 and patches around $10. Not sure what your cost per box is, but even at $60, is there another $30 in value in a single box?

Also Huy is killing it with great sketches! How long has he been around for? I feel like Iíve seen him more recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:41 AM   #905
triplefrog

I first met Huy Truong at the Memorabilia show in Birmingham UK 2014. He had an AP from the Women of Avengers which I think was his first trading card set with a price of £20 ( $25 ). Even though I said I thought it was worth at least double that he insisted he was happy to sell it me for £20.

Since then I've seen him at many shows and he is always happy to chat about his artwork and upcoming releases. Although his prices for AP's are higher than they used to be I still think he undervalues his work and I try to buy something from him whenever I see him and have the spare cash. He has done some fantastic cards for me over the last few years and also a couple of larger A4 size pictured below.

triplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #906
moistpaper

Fantastic set!
moistpaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #907
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
I think it has to do with a lot less people ripping it open to chase big hits. Without the big signers. Most of the weak sellers bailed quickly on this product and doesn't leave many to supply the market.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #908
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I think it has to do with a lot less people ripping it open to chase big hits. Without the big signers. Most of the weak sellers bailed quickly on this product and doesn't leave many to supply the market.
Oh definitely, itís a paradox of sorts. This had the rare combination of working out well for sellers and singles buyers. Those that took the chance a busted early likely did well. Collectors that were turned off by the high risk low reward of breaking single boxes flocked to the low amount of singles that were available right after release.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #909
peterose4hof

If anyone is looking to trade for set needs I posted a thread in the B/S/T.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1216395

Just need some yellows to finish my set. Thanks!
peterose4hof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #910
RHendricksonArt

Here's my final and last available Artist Proof from my work on this set. Ready to ship, PM me for the details. Thanks!