Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 07-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #4551
stevetapat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Cargs is very very fast on buying after I upload. Seems to know multiple markets as well.
Is cargs a user? Didn't see that one on there.
stevetapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #4552
stevetapat

Quote:
Here is something Iíve been kicking around lately

Do more cards on COMC make it better or worse?

If the number of cards doubled for instance, does that help or hurt them? The hobby? Sellers? Buyers? You?

Iím giving a lot of thought to starting to send them higher quantities of cards they either donít have, have very few of, or have over priced
hobby: don't care. Sellers, buyers, me: yes, if you can submit ones for less than jshshow or dallascardb have listed there (probably not tough with $30 and $40 overpriced cards) then I'd buy more from you.
stevetapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #4553
OLDPAPER

Quote:
Here is something Iíve been kicking around lately

Do more cards on COMC make it better or worse?

If the number of cards doubled for instance, does that help or hurt them? The hobby? Sellers? Buyers? You?

Iím giving a lot of thought to starting to send them higher quantities of cards they either donít have, have very few of, or have over priced
I think it helps COMC to have as many unique items as possible as long as they are fairly priced. When the a-holes like JSS and others price the only one on site at $49 for a .05 card...that hurts the site.

Number of cards that are not unique to the site increasing hurts the site for sellers since that just encourages the race to the bottom.

Since I sold my port, I have focused on just submitting better card than I did before. I would rather have a smaller, but higher quality port.

My sweet spot (as it is for most of us) is the $2-$10 card. Anything of any higher value, I just sell it on Ebay or FB groups
Old 07-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #4554
RandysHobby

Someone just bought $125 of Jimmer Fredette cards off me! Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157407294@N06/?
RandysHobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #4555
RogerGodahell

The lonely master!
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:39 AM   #4556
AxNjXn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
I think it helps COMC to have as many unique items as possible as long as they are fairly priced. When the a-holes like JSS and others price the only one on site at $49 for a .05 card...that hurts the site.

Number of cards that are not unique to the site increasing hurts the site for sellers since that just encourages the race to the bottom.

Since I sold my port, I have focused on just submitting better card than I did before. I would rather have a smaller, but higher quality port.

My sweet spot (as it is for most of us) is the $2-$10 card. Anything of any higher value, I just sell it on Ebay or FB groups
COMC is built upon the foundation of "getting rid of your old cards".. you will always have the race to the bottom concept as individuals are just trying to offload a personal or family collection that's just collecting dust. The problem is that Cards have officially changed directions... Old cards are not increasing in value like we once saw, and we are now seeing a massive spike in new cards w/ high values..

Hell.. i've adapted my COMC outlook to maximize potential profits due to this.. During a sports off-season, you see a massive drop off in value, simply due to people getting bored, and wanting to make trades for the sake of trades.. when you compound this w/ "the race to the bottom" effect, you can really maximize profits if you sift through the clutter and focus on 1-5 players..

COMC is a tool i use to stay current w/ new cards... I've removed all cards that are pre- 2010 simply due to the lack of interest and over saturation. I save those cards and take them to local card expo's where I find the right audience for the cards to again maximize profits..

My background is data analytics.. I look at numbers religiously.... Hell.. when i was a child, I played World of Warcraft, not for the fun of the game or collecting weapons/armor.. I sat at the auction house for hours and hours and made hand over fist of gold, simply because i saw opportunities that others didn't see. I got invited to a top guild to farm them cash, and in turn they gave me epic's.. never fought in 1 battle, but sold my character at the end for over $800.00.. lol

COMC has numerous roads to turn 10-20-30x profit on specific cards.. you just need to be patient, study trends and patterns... only purchase during off-seasons, and only purchase assets that have hit a base, but can only go up. (usually buy cards below .50cents in massive volumes, but keep some cards on the board at low low prices to entice additional "race to the bottom" offers, then depending how the season progresses.. I flip 25% of my cards in the 1st quarter of the season to recoup my initial investment... followed by assessing the remaining 75% as fun money to further my enjoyment.

I spend $500.00 per sports, for 5 players... that's $100.00 per player.. I usually obtain about 250-350 cards for that $100.00 investment.. When the season is all said and done... I usually profit $1,500.00 after the winners and losers.. It's not much money... but it's free money that keeps me going, and pays for my card hobby while putting some cash in american currency as i'm a Canadian and our dollar is #@#@#@#@

Final thought.. Don't wish for COMC to adapt to how you should see it being used.. You adapt and see where money can be milked from. Look at it as a way to pay for your hobby, rather than a tool to increase your spending.

Edit**

A tip that yields amazing results, is that I scan draft picks from organizations with a medium/low fan base... Usually these players are great players, but are forgotten... You invest in purchasing these players with the intent of them being traded to a larger fan base that will sky rocket the players market value. The key is to wait... 2-3 years after a draft as they are still in the farm system getting ready to be called up.. These player cards can typically be purchased for 0.05-.20c, then once they move over to a larger fan base team, they shoot up to the .50-1.00 range without even seeing any action.

Last edited by AxNjXn; 07-21-2018 at 01:54 AM.
AxNjXn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:33 AM   #4557
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysHobby View Post
Someone just bought $125 of Jimmer Fredette cards off me! Thanks!
Probably someone in China. Or his mom.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #4558
Branesergen

Ax - Love your wow story! 90% of the time I'm shopping on COMC I have wow on the other screen scanning for opportunities there lol
Old 07-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #4559
Branesergen

Nvm I remembered!

Last edited by Branesergen; 07-21-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #4560
RogerGodahell

I'm a top 5 seller this month....cool!
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #4561
jefflasvegas

Default Jimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Probably someone in China. Or his mom.
Jimmer played his first game in the past four months in the US today. Was on ESPN and will be playing again tomorrow.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #4562
boxbuster7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
I'm a top 5 seller this month....cool!
Four spots ahead of me

Your items are priced very reasonably!