This just in

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #51
starvela

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post

Great cards and beautiful scans....Wish I can take scans like this!! You mind sharing what you're using through PM....?
starvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #52
starvela

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010GBPackers View Post
Since I only collect non-auto/patch cards, I am able to stay away from overpriced cards. This is my favorite RC design from Tatum's rookie year.

Nice design indeed...
Old 10-20-2018, 06:43 PM   #53
SHowley2003

I don’t like the all white design and strict focus on players dribbling with Vanguard, but I do like oddball cards. Got this “sample” card in today.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:35 AM   #54
dasiegel

this guy is special, tore up the knicks tonight.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #55
starvela

Man, I know it's early but I did not expect this from Tatum already...I felt he was the real deal, but would take a few years because of how the team is constructed and his age..But didn't expect this...I've watched all 3 games and it's just seems very difficult to score let's say 30 on this team, especially when Morris, Smart and Rozier come in chucking...I saw Smart take (brick) some horrible shots while 48% from the field Tatum was wide open, lol...

Anyways, only 3 games..But future is looking good...
Old 10-21-2018, 11:12 AM   #56
Philobeddo
Banned

Default The Official Jayson Tatum Collectors Thread: Showoffs and Discussion...

I started out chasing him to flip but it’s turning into somewhat of a pc lol.
A couple of my lower #’d ...and one redemption inbound for IMac RPA

horrible pic of the noir :/
vanguard press /10

Almost forgot one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Philobeddo; 10-21-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added a picture of downtown
Philobeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #57
arashY

I like these ones
arashY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #58
RogerGodahell
Banned

I want to increase my Tatum collection but im really undecided on what to buy. I plan on holding for a long time because im a Celtics fan and he's my favorite player but some day 10-15 years down the road i will likely sell them. I want mostly stuff that will be really desirable and hold good value. This is what i have right now, Prizm silvers x2, green pulsar Prizm, Red pulsar Prizm, ruby Prizm, green Prizm, lots of prizm base, Optic auto, green /5 rated rookies. I could buy an NT RPA but that would pretty much wipe out my entire budget and be the only acquisition. Or i could go for more Prizm stuff or Optic but that's where im stuck and undecided. For a long term investment perspective do you guys have any ideas? I really like the Optic Contenders as well i've been eyeing a gold /10 but that's about the same price as an NT auto. What do you think what would you do?
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #59
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philobeddo View Post
I started out chasing him to flip but it’s turning into somewhat of a pc lol.
A couple of my lower #’d ...and one redemption inbound for IMac RPA

horrible pic of the noir :/
vanguard press /10

Almost forgot one...

i love that from downtown i had to pick up one myself this summer
Old 10-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #60
rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
I want to increase my Tatum collection but im really undecided on what to buy. I plan on holding for a long time because im a Celtics fan and he's my favorite player but some day 10-15 years down the road i will likely sell them. I want mostly stuff that will be really desirable and hold good value. This is what i have right now, Prizm silvers x2, green pulsar Prizm, Red pulsar Prizm, ruby Prizm, green Prizm, lots of prizm base, Optic auto, green /5 rated rookies. I could buy an NT RPA but that would pretty much wipe out my entire budget and be the only acquisition. Or i could go for more Prizm stuff or Optic but that's where im stuck and undecided. For a long term investment perspective do you guys have any ideas? I really like the Optic Contenders as well i've been eyeing a gold /10 but that's about the same price as an NT auto. What do you think what would you do?
Buy a NT rpa. Not even close.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #61
RogerGodahell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
Buy a NT rpa. Not even close.
Yeah i know they're great cards but im just thinking about the best bang for my buck. I wish they weren't so expensive.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #62
theleica

Quote:
Yeah i know they're great cards but im just thinking about the best bang for my buck. I wish they weren't so expensive.
I love the Black Velocity. They are a bit absurdly priced now but then again are any of his cards reasonably priced? I picked my copy up for $120 about a month after Optic was released.
theleica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:55 PM   #63
rhynodino

I’m a huge Duke and Celtics fan.
This was the dream card for me to get last year when the products first came out. Pulled it myself. 1/1

rhynodino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #64
istheskyblew

#breatheifyouhateduke

IG: skyblewcards
istheskyblew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #65
starvela

Quote:
I've always been a strong believer in quality over quantity, but that's me!!!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #66
RogerGodahell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleica View Post
I love the Black Velocity. They are a bit absurdly priced now but then again are any of his cards reasonably priced? I picked my copy up for $120 about a month after Optic was released.
I've been eyeing one of those as well it's near the top of my list.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #67
splum

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleica View Post
I had the chance to buy a black velocity Ntilikina back in March but balked at the price and I haven't so much as seen another one since. That was an all time great purchase by you, well done!
splum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #68
theleica

Quote:
Originally Posted by splum View Post
I had the chance to buy a black velocity Ntilikina back in March but balked at the price and I haven't so much as seen another one since. That was an all time great purchase by you, well done!
It was a BIN or Best Offer on eBay from a seller in Australia. It was listed at about 6:00am EST when I woke up that morning. I forget the asking price but I offered $120 and the seller accepted.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:01 AM   #69
HP7163
Banned

Was going to post my first Tatum prizm silver PSA 10 P/U I won from probstein but unfortunately i was kinda irritated when i opened the envelope and the case was scratched up

Oh well i bought another Sunday night bc im a believer in the guy and rather buy in sooner than later

Whats the major deal with the galactic?? Super rare?
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #70
dasiegel

How high to you guys see raw Tatum silvers getting by AS break.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #71
Cal27

Many collectors have a very high expectation for Tatum. About two years ago, when I first began collecting cards, people were also very high on Andrew Wiggins. Some people compare Wiggin’s game to Kobe’s. See how that turns out. My philosophy in buying high value cards is unless he is a generational player, I’m not buying the player’s RPA. It is shocking to me how much money people are spending on Tatum’s RPA. In my opinion, Tatum is not a generational player. The hobby will eventually abandon him.
Cal27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #72
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal27 View Post
Many collectors have a very high expectation for Tatum. About two years ago, when I first began collecting cards, people were also very high on Andrew Wiggins. Some people compare Wiggin’s game to Kobe’s. See how that turns out. My philosophy in buying high value cards is unless he is a generational player, I’m not buying the player’s RPA. It is shocking to me how much money people are spending on Tatum’s RPA. In my opinion, Tatum is not a generational player. The hobby will eventually abandon him.
so basically in the last 20 years you could only buy kobe, bron, duncan, steph and durant. that is way too narrow for me. plenty of rpas to buy, plenty of room to grow and to say tatum can't be that guy at 20 years old is foolish.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #73
PKIPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal27 View Post
I mean, you might be right but... Think this might be the wrong place to make that post.. Lol

Follow me on IG: Cardboard_vault
PKIPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #74
yoyosh

My small contribution:
yoyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #75
theleica

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyosh View Post
My small contribution:
I love that Momentum card. White jersey on white background is so clean.