Blowout Cards Forums
Trending

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-24-2018, 01:18 AM   #1
D-Lite

Question Is it just me or has there been a total lack of eBay Bucks offers recently?

Like for a month or more. By now I've racked up the Bucks since I'll wait for the promo to hit some BINs I've had watched (random older cases and wax generally), but nothing.

Anyone else notice this?
D-Lite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
darscards35kd

Ive definitely been getting less too.. It seemed like id get them every week and now idk what happened.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
rman112

Got an 8% buying + selling on the 13th, then a 10% on app/ 8% non-app on $50+ a few days ago.
rman112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:30 AM   #4
coltsfan23

An 8-10% 2 day Ebay bucks promo just ended. If you look at historical trends throughout the past few years, Ebay tends to more aggressive with these promos both mid quarter and then also the end of each quarter.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:33 AM   #5
dictoresno

They send them to me just after I blow a ton of money to entice me to keep going. Never before Iím contemplating purchases. By the time I get the offer, Iíve already spent what I need. If not, sometimes the threshold is more than what Iím willing to spend on one card at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dictoresno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:36 AM   #6
D-Lite

Hmm. I had a little lull recently but wouldn't that be the better time to woo someone with offers?
D-Lite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:35 AM   #7
13goyankees13

Yeah I think they usually have more promos towards the end of the quarter.

They're a publicly traded stock so if they look like they're going to be short of their expectations, I'm sure they'll be aggressive with the promos to get people to spend more.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:21 AM   #8
mjohnatgt

Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't, but I accept EVERY buying or selling offer eBay ever sends me whether I intend to use it or not. And I only think I've missed out on a couple of Bucks specials the last couple of years. I have gotten 2-3 offers for Bucks this month. But expect March to be better since it's the last month in a quarter.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:18 AM   #9
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't, but I accept EVERY buying or selling offer eBay ever sends me whether I intend to use it or not. And I only think I've missed out on a couple of Bucks specials the last couple of years. I have gotten 2-3 offers for Bucks this month. But expect March to be better since it's the last month in a quarter.
Yeah, I do the same. AFAIK (judging from whenever promos are mentioned on the forums), there's none that I haven't gotten in a while. But it could just be a coincidence. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to who doesn't get the offers.

OP, you could always try unsubscribing from everything, waiting an hour or so (or a few min if you're impatient), and re-checking everything. That worked for me a while back.. but there's no guarantee. Could be worth a shot.
rman112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:38 AM   #10
Rabs

I didn't get the eBay bucks offers for years on my main account and still don't.

I created a 2nd eBay account and then began to get the eBay bucks offers on the new account including the two mentioned in this thread. I recommend everyone start a new account for this reason if you aren't getting them.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #11
shrevecity

This time of year sales on Ebay are historically always slower So the bucks are a way to entice buyers.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:58 AM   #12
Smash322

I've received 2 this month
Smash322 is offline   Reply With Quote