Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 07-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #51
GoBeavs

This is an entertaining thread. Went from bashing JHS to bashing the OP. Seems like both sides are overreacting IMO. Seller can do what they want with their cards. Buyer can choose to not buy if they don't like the terms.

I'm fully aware that JHS is tough on offers, (I think I've had one accepted in around 20), but he also is already one of the lower pricers on the site. Are those prices still too high on some cards? Sure, they might be. OTOH, some might be too low. In the OP's example, JHS simply thinks his price was too low after the offer alerted him to check.

There's nothing wrong with changing a price when an offer alerts the seller that their price is too low. I've done it a few times myself. Although I'll give the offerer a chance at the old price in my counter, even though I wouldn't consider that a requirement of all sellers. Your protection from the chance that the price gets raised is to just buy the card at the list price.

I don't know if I speak for all COMC sellers with this statement I'm going to throw out to buyers: Low end ONE-card offers (under $1) are kind of cheap (annoying/insulting). Do you really need to haggle over a quarter?

Sidenote: I do like the OP's attitude/humor. If you do find that Harrington 1/1, I'll give you $4 for it. I can probably get $5 for it here in Portland.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #52
brewcrew82

Thats not german you wrote in English.But thats O.K.Im not pissed I dont care wat you do but your talking about a guy thats trying to make a living wiith what he does and say its wrong.Invest the money hes invested than when can talk about you.And are beer taste great over here.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #53
msumarr54

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Id say your missing the big Picture here.I would drive 8 hours to go to show.I remember a show in Modesto,Ca where I talked to Bob Feller and his wife over 2 hours long.He showed my how to throw a wicked Cuve_Ball (Throw it with A whip) in his own words.This B.S. My Collection and,and,and.Get a life man learn to enjoy the hobby.Its only a card if you think somebody should sell this card cheap because its missing in your collection.WHO Cares::::::
Quote:
Thats not german you wrote in English.But thats O.K.Im not pissed I dont care wat you do but your talking about a guy thats trying to make a living wiith what he does and say its wrong.Invest the money hes invested than when can talk about you.And are beer taste great over here.
Whoa..whoa...whoa

We went from hobby collecting TO MAKING A LIVING!!!!!!

I'm sorry this thread.....will directly impact his bottom line. I look forward to my day in court when he attempts to sue and I get to present this thread in all is glory..............I'm ready for my 10 minutes!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #54
XL5

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

God Bless, everyone. You've been great!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #55
brewcrew82

No.Your trying to say this guys wrong for not accepting your low ball offer.Then you try to say its all a joke I just wanted to see what would happen when I posted this.Then you wanted to show how big you where with your my photo bucket usw....Please save us your low ball offers and buy somewhere else..
Old 07-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #56
msumarr54

Quote:
No.Your trying to say this guys wrong for not accepting your low ball offer.Then you try to say its all a joke I just wanted to see what would happen when I posted this.Then you wanted to show how big you where with your my photo bucket usw....Please save us your low ball offers and buy somewhere else..
I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE PHOTOBUCKET MAN. THATS THE GO TO MOVE. IT ALWAYS TURNS INTO A DIK WAGGING CONTEST......WHY AM I SCREAMING!!!

I will give you this brewcrew......you are indeed, the smartest guy in the room. I will refrain from making any low ball offers on your COMC. Not because I don't like you, I do truthfully enjoy your posts, but out of respect.

Much luv!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #57
brewcrew82

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE PHOTOBUCKET MAN. THATS THE GO TO MOVE. IT ALWAYS TURNS INTO A DIK WAGGING CONTEST......WHY AM I SCREAMING!!!

I will give you this brewcrew......you are indeed, the smartest guy in the room. I will refrain from making any low ball offers on your COMC. Not because I don't like you, I do truthfully enjoy your posts, but out of respect.

Much luv!
I love you too..Lets just be Friends and if you ever come to Germany We can drink a couple of Becks together..Have fun with your low ball offers and be happy when there accepted!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #58
msumarr54

Quote:
I love you too..Lets just be Friends and if you ever come to Germany We can drink a couple of Becks together..Have fun with your low ball offers and be happy when there accepted!!!!!!!
Done and done.....I'd prefer a nice IPA or hefeweizen myself....but I'll settle for some Becks
Old 07-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #59
brewcrew82

Man.I live in Bremen all we got is Becks.Sorry.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #60
peapod
Banned

I have had the ratbatard raise the price during the offer process then counter with an offer higher than the original price.
Doesn't this turd work for Ebay? If so it shows where he gets his ethics.
peapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #61
base set

dang, a great Joey card already bid up a dollar, with another Duck buck on the horizon.
-uck!

I hate it when someone else wants the card I want more than me.
base set is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #62
dirtydistance

Google this guys handle..seriously 1787 youtube episodes of him talking about himself..wow
Old 07-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #63
thebrokepoet

Man ... this guys million dollar collection (probably multi) sucks huh .. He stinks .

I wish he would take all my offers but its just like he wants money or really good cards .

I hate people who do big businesses .

He is such a Richard ... and that means a bad word for penis if you think about it in a "funny" way .

I also HATE funny guys . Hate with all capital letters . And sarcasm .

I also hate the end of jokes . Sooooooo I like to keep them going .

Sometimes I keep them going like three entences longer then they should . Sooooooo it's funny in a way but kind of ruins it in way . But since it's funny I hate it but it's not to so I'm okay with it .

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #64
phillyfan42

Interesting thread.
I haven't dealt with the joelshitshow much but i did check and found i bought a couple things from him and a couple were 50% off offers including one of my favorite purchases (Ginter Cole Hamels Auto that he sold me for $12.50). Also he has rejected some offers. So frankly he seems to be just like most sellers in my book, if you meet their price they'll sell if not they'll reject.

The sellers i can't stand are the ones that will either counter down a penny instead of just rejecting or will reject every offer including new higher offers but also will lowball you on your items.

I have no problem with raising the list price during negotiations. It has happened to me on items i have wanted to buy but there have been plenty of times where i didnt want to have that happen so i just hit the buy it now button.

I think because joelshitshows (and really the big comc sellers) does this for a living people may have an issue becuase he might not negotiate as much they would like them to. Not saying it is right or wrong becuase you can sell/buy for whatever you want. However, i think thats why it is just easier dealing generally with small collectors who are just flipping cards for their pc and really dont care as much about getting top dollar as opposed to just making some profit to fund their hobby.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #65
Sikkcaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Man ... this guys million dollar collection (probably multi) sucks huh .. He stinks .

I wish he would take all my offers but its just like he wants money or really good cards .

I hate people who do big businesses .

He is such a Richard ... and that means a bad word for penis if you think about it in a "funny" way .

I also HATE funny guys . Hate with all capital letters . And sarcasm .

I also hate the end of jokes . Sooooooo I like to keep them going .

Sometimes I keep them going like three entences longer then they should . Sooooooo it's funny in a way but kind of ruins it in way . But since it's funny I hate it but it's not to so I'm okay with it .
Remember that time you made that thread mocking Jason Collins cause he's gay? So many LOL's to go around in that gem!

This thread should have died 2 pages ago lol
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #66
thebrokepoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Remember that time you made that thread mocking Jason Collins cause he's gay? So many LOL's to go around in that gem!

This thread should have died 2 pages ago lol
For the record, I was asking what everyone thought Jason Collins favorite card of himself was or would be if he collected cards . Got out of control quickly . LoL

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #67
cross4444

I buy and sell a moderate amount on COMC and can't remember any experience with JHS that stands out. I did notice that he listed a ton of 2013 Topps Chipz that I was interested in today, but he has every single one at $20. I'd have guessed maybe $2 would be fair, but is $20 what they go for? He also listed a handful of the 2013 Topps Chrome Update relics (sweet looking cards) for $50 each. How does he have so much success?
cross4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #68
colls69

He obviously doesn't need the money and really doesn't care about sales. He probably has a decent amount of play money and uses his port as a "museum". I agree some of those prices look like he fat fingered when entering the price and added one or two many extra zeros.
colls69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #69
jrod7290

Pretty sure he's one of the people who undercuts everyone by a penny. Kind of a tool move in my book.
jrod7290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #70
Gmrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Reject and reprice is a scum move in my opinion. Nothing like sacrificing future purchases over $1.

I rather just sell it and make the man happy to open the opportunity for future sales. Especially if all its going to cost me is a few bucks!
Agree with this! If it wasn't selling at it's current price and I finally have a buyer I don't jack it up. I'm often the only one with an item and most of the time if I don't want to take a low offer I will still give the 20% I would have lost with an Amazon purchase. If I have it on COMC, I want to sell it.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #71
chipmaster

Here's your Idol boys:

The JoelsHitShow - YouTube

chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #72
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Here's your Idol boys:
WTF? Video Twitter? I will say though that he looks EXACTLY as I pictured. Take that how you want. I don't think I've ever bought a card from him although I've tried many times. Prices are crazy on anything I was interested in.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #73
TheHeel

Looks like he has a nice kitchen....
Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #74
chipmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Looks like he has a nice kitchen....
and a rather large penis
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #75
DetectiveChrome

No disrespect to Wake but c'mon....

2013 Topps Chrome #177 - Cameron Wake - COMC

JHS is a scumbag

For shipping purposes: I'm from Toronto (Canada)
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote