Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
BASSMAN123

ive been a colts fan probably since i was before born, my mom and dad used to watch the colts games and put my moms stomach up to the Tv so i "could hear" the games, they wanted to make sure i was a colts fan! Then when i was about 4 my dad sat me on his lap and we watched a colts game together, i remember seeing edgrrin james tear up the defense and peyton manning slicing through the secondary with his passing, i KNEW from that moment that id be a colts fan trough thick and thin...and to this day they are my favorite team and im looking forward to the new generation of the colts under andy luck
Old 11-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
SportCardBuffet

Giants Fan, born in NY and in runs in the family...well at lease the smart side
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #28
JosieD

I was a Steelers fan by birth as I was born in Windber, PA and lived in Bedford, PA until I was 4. My mom decided to leave my biological father because he was and still is an alcoholic. We moved to Lancaster, PA where my mom met and married my step-dad who I call dad. He is an Eagles fan so I grew up watching them from 5 on. I still have a place in my heart for the Steelers because of my uncle who was a die hard fan. When he passed away, my cousins and I got to pick the Steelers hat and T-shirt he was laid to rest in.

My first jersey was Ricky Watters and my brother had Rodney Peete. Those were the days.

Day of Breakfast Fundraising: $480
Current total: $130
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #29
Dcowboys
Banned

I have been a Dallas cowboys fan since I was six I bought my frost cowboys card then it was an Emmitt Smith pro set rookie I still have it to this day have been collecting all kinds of cowboys items ever since and will not miss a game
Dcowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #30
Manmadeofsteel

So, I'm not 100% on the exact story, but I know these facts.
My dad was born in Pittsburgh, PA and grew up watching and rooting for the Steelers, even when they were horrible. He moved to Illinois with his family and started living in Illinois. Skipping ahead when I was born, I was called his "little football". With a nickname like that, you know that the person will one day love football as well as his dad and when we watched football, Steelers games were usually on and I followed my dad's lead of rooting for them.
P.S. I have a card that someone gave me and I was so happy and wanted to show my dad and show him the cool card and know if he knew a lot about a player by the name of Hines Ward....There's so much of this story to tell, but that's another story for another day.
Thanks for throwing the contest with multiple winners.
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.
Manmadeofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #31
TheBurg

I'm a Steelers fan, and it's very simple: my mother raised me that way. I'm sorry that it's not more exciting , although I did have to fend off the pressure to become a Redskins fan by the kids at my school in DC. Never got close to caving.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #32
AdieSWA

Pretty easy for me as picked my team when first got into football, I was on holiday in Florida and went to buy a jersey after watching a few games on the tv, I wanted a team so picked the Patriots as they had the word England in their name and that's where I'm from so went with them.
AdieSWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #33
BroncosFAN#1
Banned

I am a fan of the Broncos of Denver. I grew up in Colorado Springs and one year for Easter I got a 3 amigos video cassette and would watch it nonstop. It was a short music video with the 3 amigos, Mark Jackson, Vance Johnson, and Ricky Nattiel on it. I just got more and more into it as I grew up and enjoyed watching John Elway most of my teen life. It was great seeing him retire as SB MVP and back to back world champion.

Thanks for the contest man. Good luck to all and to all good luck
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #34
GatorBoyInTN
Banned

I became a Gator fan to spite my father. He is a current UT booster and hated UF when I was a child. I used to do the Gator chomp before I even knew what it meant, my mom thought me to do so. I guess I never grew out of wanting to go against my dads wishes. Lol.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #35
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

I am a Broncos fan through and through. It's one of the few good things I inherited from my pop. He was a huge fan when he was alive, so they became one of my three favorite teams while growing up. The other were the Redskins because of my mom and the 49ers because of my uncles. I am no longer a huge fan of either of those two teams due to them being supplanted by the Packers as my favorite NFC team, but my love for the Broncos continues to this day. I used to get laughed at by one of my friends back in jr. high because I had a school bag with the Broncos on it and loved John Elway. He couldn't understand why I wasn't a Raiders fan and how I could root for a QB with a horse face.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #36
chrisfaceoff

Contest is now Closed!

Congrats to the following players. There was so many good stories I had to try and find some more cards! I will do this gain in the future!

nickha2 - Packers
Hotbox - Jets
StudioU - Texans
dbrown - Panthers

PMs coming.

Giving away 4 cards is nothing to reading some of these great stories. I wish I had some more hits from certain teams, because I would have loved to be able to give you all something. Thank you for sharing your stories to myself and everyone else.

Maybe in the near future, I will so another giveaway to reward more great fans!!

https://www.ebay.com/str/faceoffsportscards
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #37
studioU
Banned

Thanks for the great contest and for selecting me as one of the winners. Congrats to the other winners. PM replied to.

Last edited by studioU; 11-04-2012 at 02:03 AM.
studioU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
dbrown

WOW! Thank you for the awesome contest!! Congrats to the other winners as well

PM sent
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #39
hotbox

Nothing like waking up to finding out you won
Thanks for the contest!