Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 11

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #51
ForceChange77
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,240
Default

Well yeah, the list is technically good but every major signer is going to be sped to oblivion.

And the the base cards arent as collectible as masterworks IMHO. And I know the costs are different, but you don't get any sketches.

You could easily be paying $60 for Senator Pamlo or worse. And thats all you get.
ForceChange77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #52
jamesr
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
We're so jaded. When we didn't know if Stellar would contain Ford it was going to be a bust. Now this set has Ford and is considered weak.

This auto list is every bit as good as Stellar. And they FINALLY got Cathy Munroe (Zuckuss)!
Zuckuss auto is a nice one, and not super crazy $$$ to pick up either (I hope!).

What gets me is where there isn't a connection between the autos and the base cards ... for example, SMG is listed as a signer, but has no base card. I don't get why not?
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #53
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

The single signer list is pretty good, but what was the point of adding those duals? I guess they will be better than getting a base common auto.

My guess is that you get 1 dual auto per case.

Also there seems to be duplication with the insert: A Mpre Elegant Weapon

Which of the 2 on the checklist is correct?
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #54
Bryanjs14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
The single signer list is pretty good, but what was the point of adding those duals? I guess they will be better than getting a base common auto.

My guess is that you get 1 dual auto per case.

Also there seems to be duplication with the insert: A Mpre Elegant Weapon

Which of the 2 on the checklist is correct?
believe the 2nd on the checklist should be something related to the vehicles, and they simply didn't put the name down correctly.

guessing all the duals are sticker. Also be interesting to see how many normal autos are stickers as well. the duals almost seem like a dump to get rid of some old sticker stock they might be low on.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 12-06-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #55
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

Yeah I just looked on Cardboard Connections checklist and the other insert set is called: Rogue One Vehicles
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #56
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

With 56 inserts and if each is serial #'ed to 50, I think each case will average 2
Also if the duals have a base #/50 and if each is included in every variation (very likely since there are no big names), then nearly all cases will have a dual auto

Also most cases should have 1 auto #/10 or less, but if production is around 1,400 cases, it will probably only be around 75% chance.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #57
Bryanjs14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
With 56 inserts and if each is serial #'ed to 50, I think each case will average 2
Also if the duals have a base #/50 and if each is included in every variation (very likely since there are no big names), then nearly all cases will have a dual auto

Also most cases should have 1 auto #/10 or less, but if production is around 1,400 cases, it will probably only be around 75% chance.
if there are 1,400 cases, then Topps saying Star Wars is print to order is flat out lying.

I don't know ANYONE who ordered this in large quantities.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #58
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,849
Default

I'm excited about Zuckus (hope they don't keep the typo for the real card, should be Zukkus). It's also nice to bring forward Tim Curry but unfortunately not Krennic autos

I also want to see those Elegant Weapon cards, I'm getting the Yoda one for sure.
Curious about his base card as well to see the image used, hoping for something different, maybe with him absorbing the force lightning ball?!?!

I'll nab the 3 new Rogue One signers when they hit the $10 range. EDIT: Missed Guy Henry as voice of Tarkin in R1, so 4 new signers.

Surprised to see Fixer autos back in the mix, I think this will be the 3rd or 4th set for Anthony Forest, 2nd as Fixer so nice for those who missed him a few years back.

But those duals are the worst of any product they've put forward so far. Where's the top names?

I also like the checklist saying "Heroes & Villains of The Force Awakes" haha.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127

Last edited by Vargaman; 12-06-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #59
1992UDFootball
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 204
Default

Might try my hand at snagging a Christie, Tudyk, or Yen with the price point. Hell, wouldn't be upset with a Whitaker either.
1992UDFootball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #60
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
if there are 1,400 cases, then Topps saying Star Wars is print to order is flat out lying.

I don't know ANYONE who ordered this in large quantities.
I agree, this prediction is a little lower than the production for series 1 and series 2.
I just feel like Topps won't go way less, even though they should have.

I hope it is closer to 1,000 cases.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #61
dd316
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
I'm excited about Zuckus (hope they don't keep the typo for the real card, should be Zukkus).
It's Zuckuss.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
It's also nice to bring forward Tim Curry but unfortunately not Krennic autos
He'll be in more eventually. His cards were such a last-minute inclusion in Stellar that there's no way he'd have been turned around in time for this.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #62
DarthRogahn
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,265
Default

Ugh I always thought it was 4 LOM!
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #63
jamesr
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
Ugh I always thought it was 4 LOM!
4-LOM and Zuckuss were mixed up quite early on I think (didn't the action figures get these the wrong way round or something?)
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #64
DarthRogahn
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,265
Default

Yea.. that was what I was referring to (they mixed up the action figures)
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #65
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
It's Zuckuss.




He'll be in more eventually. His cards were such a last-minute inclusion in Stellar that there's no way he'd have been turned around in time for this.
Apparently star wars wiki also has a Zukkus in addition to Zuckuss. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #66
jamesr
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Apparently star wars wiki also has a Zukkus in addition to Zuckuss. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Zukkus was the name of a Vorantikus living on Voss during the Cold War. It was killed around 3641 BBY.

Zuckuss was a male Gand[1] who worked as a bounty hunter during the Galactic Civil War.

jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #67
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992UDFootball View Post
Might try my hand at snagging a Christie, Tudyk, or Yen with the price point. Hell, wouldn't be upset with a Whitaker either.
Tudyk, Yen, and Whittaker can already be had around $80-$100 without the gamble.

Christie I highly doubt will have more than 25 autos in this product, she didn't even have canvas autos in MW3
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #68
Scottish Punk
Member
 
Scottish Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 3,099
Default

Seems like the "standard" list for the most part. Not saying it is bad, it has all the ones you would expect. I am not a fan of Tek brand, but it seems like it should be a decent value, the duals not withstanding of course.
Scottish Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #69
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
Seems like the "standard" list for the most part. Not saying it is bad, it has all the ones you would expect. I am not a fan of Tek brand, but it seems like it should be a decent value, the duals not withstanding of course.
I do like seeing some "deep cuts" from the character list. A few I had to google to see who they were.

I wonder if they're going to do the red parallel /5 in only one pattern like 2016 or all the patterns like 2015. A good amount undersold in 2016 because people didn't know this right away.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #70
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

I just realized that on the checklist there is Zero mention of and SPs!

I sure hope they didn't cut them, they were a nice hit to get in your case.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #71
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

I wonder if they increased the number of inserts to be 2 per case for this year, instead of 1.5 inserts and 0.5 SPs per case last year
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #72
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

If the inserts are still #/50 and you get 2 per case, then the production run would be 1,400 cases

If the dual base autos are #/50 and each of the 15 have all parallels, and you get 1 dual per case then the production run would 1,365 cases

These 2 numbers are very close, and even though there are some assumptions to conclude my result, I think they are logical assumptions.

So with 2015 having 1,529 cases made & 2016 with 1,517, I am confident with my prediction of between 1,365 and 1,400 cases for 2017.

Less of this was ordered, but you know Topps will sit on some of this and sell it on their website, rather than make what was really ordered!
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #73
jamesr
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I just realized that on the checklist there is Zero mention of and SPs!

I sure hope they didn't cut them, they were a nice hit to get in your case.
Tek 2015 didn't mention these; 2016 did; I'm guessing 2017 has them but they want to keep it as something to spread by word of mouth, rather than announcing them up front.

I'll be most disappointed if they're not included - one of the best bits of the set IMHO!
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #74
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
Tek 2015 didn't mention these; 2016 did; I'm guessing 2017 has them but they want to keep it as something to spread by word of mouth, rather than announcing them up front.

I'll be most disappointed if they're not included - one of the best bits of the set IMHO!
Yeah could be a surprise. They didn't reveal which patterns were sp last year, said to let people break to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #75
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Yeah could be a surprise. They didn't reveal which patterns were sp last year, said to let people break to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
When you open a case it is not too difficult to figure out which patterns are harder than the others.

Also as long as they put SP on the back of the Variations, then I am good.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.